Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Time Wasting Is Not A "Problem"

Old
Time Wasting Is Not A "Problem" - Tue Feb 01, 2011, 05:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I read that the 15% payout was changed to 10% to deal with a "time wasting problem".... smart players waste time and wait for donks with more chips to go all-in unnecessarily in order to make it in the money. The best players in these tournaments will play to win only after they are securely in the money spots.

If you want to get rid of all the donks, then you would need to make it mandatory for all players to have at least like 50 FPP's per month to play in the tournaments, then this would cut down on donks.... but in the meantime, all this does is make it a huge mess and it will suppress the scores. No one will reach 1900 this month. Mark my words.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 05:30 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
I read that the 15% payout was changed to 10% to deal with a "time wasting problem".... smart players waste time and wait for donks with more chips to go all-in unnecessarily in order to make it in the money. The best players in these tournaments will play to win only after they are securely in the money spots.

If you want to get rid of all the donks, then you would need to make it mandatory for all players to have at least like 50 FPP's per month to play in the tournaments, then this would cut down on donks.... but in the meantime, all this does is make it a huge mess and it will suppress the scores. No one will reach 1900 this month. Mark my words.
I would take 1800 if it were first place. Who cares what the number is?

JT

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 05:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
As futile as it may seem I will attempt to hit 1900 just to spite you BRuno.

Long live Pres Bruno!

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 05:50 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
If the payout structure actually was changed intentionally, I think I'll be having more fun with these tourneys. More challenge = more fun. But where did this info come from, PresB?

I also need to up my game, though. I donked myself out of all three of today's tourneys so far. So much fun when you play bad, though.

So much fun.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 05:58 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:

Regarding time wasting, moving the payout from 15% to 10% will not change this system. It does mean fewer donkeys will make it to the stage where you can use the clock. Smart players who are short stacked once the number of players gets within 25 of the money will still stall. That is smart playing.

Please be clear which you mean. Right now, players become active by earning 20 VPPS, which also earns approximately the same number of FPPS. Under your suggestion, the only people who will be members are those who play cash games and are successful enough to earn 50 points, regardless of which one you mean. Freerollers would be excluded.

As to the points not surpassing the 1900 mark, that depends on if the point system has been modified as well. That will take some time and playing to calculate. We might still have the 20-24% range earning points, but now those reaching the money will be seeing a major shift in scores between earned points - near the bubble - and into the payouts.

I'm thinking the scoring system will not be too radical a change. If so, there will be a lot of members not even qualifying for the March Warm-up games.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 06:06 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:

Players here(all 17000)find it hard enough to get 20 fpp;s.This is a learning school . it's not here to help you solely. good luck all.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 07:06 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
I have to disagree with you here. You say this is to get rid of Donks. Well, I for one am not a donk, but I may not have the funds for the month to get me to 50 VPP, not FPP. Why penalize a good player that may not be able to afford to get themselves to 50, let alone 20 as it is now?

Dawn

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 07:33 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
I can think of one person I hope the new system will get rid of..................

But I'll keep that to myself

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 07:39 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
20 VPP's are nothing. With the $50 I won this month I did it playing low stakes in under an HOUR. Also, once you are active one month you are auomatically a cash game player!!

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 07:40 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
20 VPP's are nothing. With the $50 I won this month I did it playing low stakes in under an HOUR. Also, once you are active one month you are auomatically a cash game player!!
What?

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 08:18 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
The only reason I am wasting time answering this is to keep unknowing people from being led astray.

There is absolutely NO connection between being active and playing cash. You can play cash whether you are active or not and just because you play cash does NOT make you active.

Pres, you are continually making false statements that someone needs to correct or the newbys are apt to believe.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 08:24 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Oh, and you're not automatically a cash game player.....you need to earn 20 VPP's every month to remain ACTIVE in the league which just entitles youto higher cash outs in the league. If you don't choose to get the 20 or can't due to lack of a bankroll you can try to top 200 as a whitestar and build from there.

As HoboJim stated above, I also wouldn't want someone new or someone who is just starting to try to be misinformed.

Really seems like some ulterior motives to the statement you made PB.

Rosie

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 09:05 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
You got 20 vpps' in low stakes in under an hour....where do I sign up?

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 09:09 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Are you sure about this?? You are not so self-assured that you are comfortable leading others astray, are you?? Really?? I suggest anyone unfamiliar with the terms 'Active,' 'Qualified,' etc., spend some time doing some research, not just taking PresDelusiopotomus' word for it.

Im just sayin

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 09:38 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz864 View Post
Are you sure about this?? You are not so self-assured that you are comfortable leading others astray, are you?? Really?? I suggest anyone unfamiliar with the terms 'Active,' 'Qualified,' etc., spend some time doing some research, not just taking PresDelusiopotomus' word for it.

Im just sayin
right on tazz

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 11:57 PM
(#16)
Quote:

Future Headline:...................

"PresBruno undergoes CAT Scan. Doctors say they found nothing."

Old
Wed Feb 02, 2011, 12:01 AM
(#17)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post

no i got the film right here

http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/

Old
Wed Feb 02, 2011, 12:01 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post

No Felines?? Fascinating...

Im just sayin

Old
Wed Feb 02, 2011, 12:08 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
I did it pre-dominantly on 2-4 5/10 cent NL hold'em tables.

Old
Wed Feb 02, 2011, 12:59 AM
(#20)
Since: May 2010
BronzeStar
Since so many points are given for a min cash and so few extra points are given for deep runs other than the top three, I think this tightening up of the payout structure is an improvement.

Not only that but since so many points are lost for early exits when you have a lot of points then having fewer points will help future point leaders when they do not ITM or have an early exit.

It is silly to give so many points for min cash, so now min cash is harder to get. I say this is an improvement. And will make for a higher quality top 10 - 98 - 200 finishers.

I know that I have figured out how to with the old structure take a marginal stack at best and ITM with it, Now that the blinds will have eaten those size stacks I will have to play at least one more hand to slip in the money. I try to be a deep run type of player as you can see in my free tourney for those with the deepest runs based on my own point system that only gives points for the top 81, and substantially more points for a final table.

Making people get extra vpps will make no difference other than make it harder for people like me when I started out, to get active. I had to win all of the money I used to get active status and at one point I had to get the majority of my vpp's with 38c. having to get 50vpps with 38c would have not happened cause I busted at about 24 vpps.

This league is for beginners and who ever else wants to take the time to play, the vpps are designed to help the league pay for itself and not just be a total charity event.

People who are really good and have an established BR do not waste there time in the PSO Skill League games, for there is better money to be made playing cash games, hobojim and dirty is an example of those who have not the time to waist anymore which tends to be only a little over a dollar a day for 11th - 98th.

People that claim to be too good for this league are full of shit if they still play on it. So that makes you PresBonehead to me, you are a better forum contributer than dipshit I will give you that much.

I will never deposit a dime on online pokersites because I figure if I am not good enough to win my poker money than I am not good enough to play with money I actually worked for.

The people who make online poker profitable are ones who use part of their paycheck and play poker for general entertainment. Bless those folks, they do not know how to improve they just know how to deposit, but they do make online poker profitable. They would be the majority of the ones who would want to play PSO and be able to get 50vpps also. There would be no substantial change in the way the games are played. The people who tend to play the best are those who have to manage their BR, and not count on their next paycheck.

PokerSchoolOnline teaches people who learned how to play Hold'em in hubble type of freerolls how the game is supposed to be played, not all in all in all in till you have a stack or go to the next game.

Although people who already know how to play are welcome here, teaching people who already know how to play and already play with real money is not the people this school was intended to help. This school is intended to help people transition from play money and freerolls to cash games, and give them some skills along the way.

I played PSO last month because, I am trying to play fewer but higher buy in cash tourneys. So instead of playing cash games to try to increase my BR I thought would slow down a little with what I have so I can continue later in higher buy in amounts. This month I am playing because I had fun last month and want to try for a better placing. So I have around $130 now if I can make that to around $200 next month then my buy ins can increase to the at least $4 amount.

Well that is it for me I just went out 27th in the NAPL senior division , with a ticket I won in the NAPL freeroll. I got ot rivered AQs vs QJo, J on the river. Good for $3.88 next stop Vegas.

Time for a break.

Last edited by Poncho Bowie; Wed Feb 02, 2011 at 01:42 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com