Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Starting to think its fixed

Old
Starting to think its fixed - Wed Feb 02, 2011, 10:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
I am really starting to think it is fixed. How many times in the last month can 1 person get beat when he calls the allin donkey with the best hand and you guessed it boom the donkey hits with runner runner on the turn and flop to knock the player out. Its not just happening to me I see it happening to alot of other players aswell. could the site be geared towards new players? Really starting to think so

Old
Wed Feb 02, 2011, 10:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
YOU ARE CORRECT. THIS LEAGUE IS A JOKE. YOU WILL NOT LEARN ANYTHING HERE EXCEPT PLAYING LIKE A MORON. SUCKOUT AFTER SUCKOUT, 5%ers SPIKING THE RIVER IS ENOUGH FOR ME. MY AA CRACKED BY SOME IDIOT GOING ALL IN WITH K-8 OFF SUIT? BULLSH#T. SOMETHING IS NOT KOSHER HERE. I WAS AT YOUR TABLE AND WHAT I SAW WAS A JOKE. SOME IDIOT KNOCKED YOU OUT WITH A BINGO HAND. ITS BETTER TO BE LUCKY THAN GOOD. SKILL MEANS NOTHING IN POKER ANYMORE, JUST ASK PHIL HELMUTH.

Old
Wed Feb 02, 2011, 12:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BYE BYE don't let the door hit you in the but

Gee get a life, this happens on every single poker site and happens in real life
It happened at my table at the WSOP twice in 4 hands.
So maybe you should take up knitting

BYE BYE

Old
Wed Feb 02, 2011, 01:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
I'm sorry, and I mean no disrespect, but I just have no sympathy for a thread like this. I wasn't going to talk much about it, but I've had some of the absolute worst luck in the last couple of weeks. I am talking about being an 80 percent favorite,and usually much higher, only to get nailed on the river. I can't tell you how many villains have hit their 4,3,2 and yes, even a one outer when a river 7 gave a guy quads to beat my set of q's. You think there are any penguins alive within 500 miles of here?
Well of course not, it's Florida! But there are a ton of squished ants all over!!!!
So you'll excuse me if I say, this type of thread gets you nowhere. Post a complete hand history, come with the attitude of looking for help, and let's talk about how to do it better next time.
Best o' luck, we all need it.
Dano

Old
Wed Feb 02, 2011, 02:35 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
I've had some of the absolute worst luck in the last couple of weeks. I am talking about being an 80 percent favorite,and usually much higher, only to get nailed on the river. I can't tell you how many villains have hit their 4,3,2 and yes, even a one outer when a river 7 gave a guy quads to beat my set of q's.
I can't beat the quad-over-set, but I also have had my fair share of bad beats. I've had two tourneys ended in the past week when I was about an 80% favourite, and I routinely lose half my chips to bad beats. It happens a lot in tourneys. In multi-table tournaments where you need to play hundreds of hands to win, the 20% chances will sometimes get there. Even the 95% favourite will lose, 5% of the time. Pokerstars doesn't inflate that 5% just to annoy people. Bad beats happen. And they happen to everyone.

I've just gotten used to it, and when it happens I'm glad I'm playing a freeroll. :p Unless I'm not, then I just take the loss and see if I can't win next time.

I watched some WSOP coverage from the 2010 Main Event and saw one guy make it to one of the final few tables without ever going all-in. I think he might be on to something...

Old
Wed Feb 02, 2011, 07:02 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Bingooooooooooooooooo timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com