Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Women's only events in PSO

Old
Women's only events in PSO - Thu Feb 03, 2011, 01:10 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
We would like to get some feedback from the Women in PSO.

With the new PokerStars Women's League promotion commencing in February we would like to hear back from the Ladies in PSO if you might be interested in having your own Women's challenge in PSO.

We welcome your feedback.

Thank you

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 01:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
think its a great idea

Old
I Love the New Women's League - Thu Feb 03, 2011, 08:33 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
They listened to everything we said, lowered the buy-in, added freerolls, what's not to like?? I'm really interested now.

Good luck!

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 11:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Great Idea!!!!!

Old
I Cannot Find Info - Fri Feb 04, 2011, 01:55 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
I have looked all over the site & clicked every link I could find. I have e-mailed Support twice and gotten conflicting answers. When is the Women's League starting and where is the information posted? Support told me the League was postponed indefinitely; the PSO site said it was starting Feb 7 & I read two different stories about where the tournaments were listed - under Tournays - All and under Tourneys - Private. Neither tab has Women's League Tournaments listed for Feb 7. It is frustrating to be unable to find accurate and up-to-date information anywhere.

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 02:13 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I'd love to see a PSO for women, as long as it wasn't as high a buy-in as the regular one on Pokerstars.

Dawn

Old
Great Idea - Fri Feb 04, 2011, 08:29 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
They listened to everything we said, lowered the buy-in, added freerolls, what's not to like?? I'm really interested now.

Good luck!
I agree with Joy. They listened to everything we asked for. This should be a great place for us women who are newer to poker who want to compete, but also wanted to practice good bankroll management. The buy-ins are perfect for this. I'm looking forward to participating!

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 08:52 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO Admin View Post
We would like to get some feedback from the Women in PSO.

With the new PokerStars Women's League promotion commencing in February we would like to hear back from the Ladies in PSO if you might be interested in having your own Women's challenge in PSO.

We welcome your feedback.

Thank you

With respect to women, why is it that they need a special league to play?..... are you going to be making a special men's league also?, you all cried for womens lib, you got it, now you all want special treatment again,.....women, they can't make up their minds. What's sexist to do to 1 sex, is also sexist to do to the other sex.

just keeping it real....

Stake

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 10:10 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Goose52 View Post
I have looked all over the site & clicked every link I could find. I have e-mailed Support twice and gotten conflicting answers. When is the Women's League starting and where is the information posted? Support told me the League was postponed indefinitely; the PSO site said it was starting Feb 7 & I read two different stories about where the tournaments were listed - under Tournays - All and under Tourneys - Private. Neither tab has Women's League Tournaments listed for Feb 7. It is frustrating to be unable to find accurate and up-to-date information anywhere.
Hi Goose,

You can find them under Tourney->Private. Starts Feb. 7. Name is PS Women's League. $1.10 and .10 cent fees and a few freerolls on Sundays (Feb. 13, 20, 27).

Good Luck.

Old
Awesome! - Fri Feb 04, 2011, 11:17 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
I would love for there to be some free rolls, etc. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Thanks for taking the suggestion seriously!

Travelation

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 12:00 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_22at90 View Post
Hi Goose,

You can find them under Tourney->Private. Starts Feb. 7. Name is PS Women's League. $1.10 and .10 cent fees and a few freerolls on Sundays (Feb. 13, 20, 27).

Good Luck.
Thanks, Annie! I didn't know they lowered the fees. Now, that's a price I can handle!

Dawn

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 01:00 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
With respect to women, why is it that they need a special league to play?..... are you going to be making a special men's league also?, you all cried for womens lib, you got it, now you all want special treatment again,.....women, they can't make up their minds. What's sexist to do to 1 sex, is also sexist to do to the other sex.

just keeping it real....

Stake
We don't "NEED" a special league, many women are doing just fine in the regular tourneys. Are you saying that if there was a men only league you wouldn't play it? I never asked for a special league, but if there's money to be won I'm going to play. Pokerstars has promotions for Canadians only, Americans only, etc. This is their way of attracting more women to poker.

BTW, not all women agreed with womens lib, there were good things and bad. Men and women are different, and always will be. As long as we treat each other with respect there should be no problem.

Good luck!!

Old
Sat Feb 05, 2011, 11:45 AM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
I am excited! I wanted to play in the woman's league, but the $5.50 was a little too steep for me. I am still learning and the PSO has been a great start. I look forward to hearing more!
~Kimberly

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 12:33 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
I agree with the rat ( stakehorse ) I guess you don't think the girls are as good as the boys. Can't handle the big guys huh, need your own league cause you can't play as good as the guys. can't take the nasty chat then block it. but if you think your really not good enough to play with the guys maybe you should have your own soft league, you know lower prize pool less standards. maybe bigger starting stack, longer time bank. WE WOULD ALL LIKE THIS, maybe lower wages too put your bra's back on and stay out of the army too. sounds great your own private puss league.

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:55 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi page View Post
I agree with the rat ( stakehorse ) I guess you don't think the girls are as good as the boys. Can't handle the big guys huh, need your own league cause you can't play as good as the guys. can't take the nasty chat then block it. but if you think your really not good enough to play with the guys maybe you should have your own soft league, you know lower prize pool less standards. maybe bigger starting stack, longer time bank. WE WOULD ALL LIKE THIS, maybe lower wages too put your bra's back on and stay out of the army too. sounds great your own private puss league.
jimmi! the above quote is proof that sometimes keeping your mouth shut makes you look smarter.
FYI - PS has had a women's league for quite some time.. the buy-ins were $5.50 and $55
for regular league play - not freerolls like the PSO
In my opinion, it's fun playing with the ladies - i'm sure you would agree (given the opportunity you might otherwise seldom get) we're friendly, courteous and respectful to oneanother.
we do play in the PSO and do put up with the BS.
we do kick ass, and send our opposition to the rail too.
you think the league is soft because women are curvey? or that we'll let you muscle us out of our chips just because you're male? keep thinking that way...
see you at the tables

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 03:03 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
i love the idea of women's only events in PSO
you have female PS pros so why not cultivate some female competition?

thank you PS for what you are attempting to do - i hope the boardroom discussion wasn't plagued with antiquated ideas of any male domination theories.

it's PMS vs SRS
whoo hoooo!

Last edited by blindmice123; Tue Feb 08, 2011 at 01:36 PM..

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 04:46 PM
(#17)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmice123 View Post
i love the idea of women's only events in PSO
you have female PS pros so why not cultivate some female competition?

thank you PS for what you are attempting to do - i hope the boadroom discussion wasn't plagued with antiquated ideas of any male domination theories.

it's PMS vs SRS
whoo hoooo!

what do you think would happen if they started a men only league ???

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 06:19 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi page View Post
Sorry, Jimmi, but I don't let any boy scare me in poker or in life. I've outlasted & even taken down a few boys in my short poker playing career, thank you! LOL

Dawn

Old
Men's League - Sun Feb 06, 2011, 06:37 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
what do you think would happen if they started a men only league ???

I would think it was fine. If it wasn't illegal they would probably have a kids league for anyone under 21 or 18. This is just a marketing promotion, the reason you men never got your own league is that there's so many of you playing already.

Not saying its right or wrong, but Pokerstars can do whatever they want. Bottom line, it's their money and if they want to give some specifically to women, its fine with me.

Good luck!!

Old
Question
womens league vs mens league - Sun Feb 06, 2011, 11:46 PM
(#20)
Since: Dec 2010
I think it would be great to have a womens only and mens only league. Then each month or so have the top 45 men take on the top 45 women. Sounds like fun huh!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com