Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Good start...

Old
Good start... - Thu Feb 03, 2011, 03:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
OK so I woke up this morning, first thing I do is open pokerstars and join the 10am skill league, then peruse the forums, and eventually hit the PLO Hi/Lo ring games...this is how the morning is going so far....

During current Omaha H/L session you were dealt 105 hands and saw flop:
- 14 out of 22 times while in big blind (63%)
- 9 out of 21 times while in small blind (42%)
- 13 out of 62 times in other positions (20%)
- a total of 36 out of 105 (34%)
Pots won at showdown - 14 of 14 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 7

not too bad, eh?

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 04:36 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
I have never played for fpps before but now I have a new goal;

I have to earn 693 more fpps by Feb. 28 to become a silver star. I dont think it should be hard, But more time consuming than anything. I think I can make it.

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 04:44 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Yes ma'am....good morning indeed...keep it going...got my eye on ya...GL

BULLS

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 04:53 PM
(#4)
Deleted user

Last edited by deleted_username; Thu Feb 17, 2011 at 11:54 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 05:02 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLSeyeCoA View Post
Yes ma'am....good morning indeed...keep it going...got my eye on ya...GL

BULLS
LOL ...I can understand the confusion...but I am not female...I think I need to change my pic back!

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 05:03 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deleted_username View Post
What limit you playing and how many tables?
.01/.02 PLO one table

Havent graduated to multi tabling yet...

heres an update to previous info (same session);

During current Omaha H/L session you were dealt 229 hands and saw flop:
- 32 out of 48 times while in big blind (66%)
- 18 out of 47 times while in small blind (38%)
- 33 out of 134 times in other positions (24%)
- a total of 83 out of 229 (36%)
Pots won at showdown - 26 of 30 (86%)
Pots won without showdown - 15

Last edited by VERDUGO77; Thu Feb 03, 2011 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: added stats

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 05:36 PM
(#7)
Deleted user

Last edited by deleted_username; Thu Feb 17, 2011 at 11:56 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 05:37 PM
(#8)
LOL...ya think ? My bad.

BULLS

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 06:23 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLSeyeCoA View Post
LOL...ya think ? My bad.

BULLS
LOL dont trip bulls youre not the first....but the pic sure is pretty aint it...lol

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 06:46 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Good info omaha...

here the latest update before I take my break;

During current Omaha H/L session you were dealt 352 hands and saw flop:
- 45 out of 71 times while in big blind (63%)
- 26 out of 71 times while in small blind (36%)
- 49 out of 210 times in other positions (23%)
- a total of 120 out of 352 (34%)
Pots won at showdown - 38 of 48 (79%)
Pots won without showdown - 18

stats went down a bit but the profit went up. Started getting card dead and a lot of hands checked down to river...but still 250% profit over min buy in...I will build up a lil more then move up in stakes.

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 06:48 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
That's not VERDUGO... At my current MT ratio of 3.67 I would have to play about 27 hours a week to be able to get SilverStar level at the current 1c/2c blinds... Course that's also depending on sitting on tables that are getting good rakes.

omaha888, that's some good advice I'll keep it in mind. I will say I've found I see lower variance with multi-tabling PLO8 than I do NLHE tables at the same blind levels. I've ran into a few situations where I've done exactly what you're saying where I only ended up with 1/2 or 1/4 of the pot and so no gain or losses so I can see the value in laying those hands down now.

I will say my 3rd most profitable hand as one where I had a double-suited Ac 3c 5d 2d and flopped the 2-6 straight and the nut lo wheel.

My most profitable was a Qs Ah 7c 7h that I played from the SB that I hit the T-A straight with no lo hand possible. I might not have played it as there really wasn't a lo hand option from it starting except there was no PFR ahead of me and BB just called when I completed. Flop came down and I had the start of the flush draw and straight draw so put out a protection bet and had 2 of the other 4 players get out of the hand. Turn gave me another card towards both draws so I bet it double my flop bet, had UTG re-raise and the MP call it as did I... River completed my straight so I made it nearly 3:1 pot odds with my bet and UTG called. He'd only made the King high straight. Not sure it was the best/right play but luckily it worked out for me.

I'm still learning and working on my PLO8 skills. I multi-table to limit my losses as I usually only end up doing bad on one table but make up for it on the others so even if it's a wash for the night it's hands played and lessons learned.

Last edited by Cyis; Thu Feb 03, 2011 at 06:51 PM..

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 02:31 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
ok so now Im playing PLO hi/lo .01/.02 on 2 tables...if I can mange these for a while i will advance to 3 and so forth...still i plan to make silver star this month..and its my birthday month so I have to do it as a bday present to myself...and maybe I can get myself a shirt from the store..

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 04:37 AM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VERDUGO77 View Post
ok so now Im playing PLO hi/lo .01/.02 on 2 tables...if I can mange these for a while i will advance to 3 and so forth...still i plan to make silver star this month..and its my birthday month so I have to do it as a bday present to myself...and maybe I can get myself a shirt from the store..

what day mine is the 21st

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 06:27 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
VERDUGO,

That's what I did... Start by just adding another table and when that becomes second nature add another till you find where you're comfort and playability level is. For me on my monitor 4 is not a problem as I can easily follow them all but if I try adding a 5th or 6th I have to start overlapping tables and it becomes harder for me to follow and I make more mistakes.

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 07:09 AM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
LOL ...I can understand the confusion...but I am not female...I think I need to change my pic back!

I just can't tell ya how disappointed I am

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 08:30 AM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Now all of a sudden I'm thinking about the movie The Crying Game.

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 10:29 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyis View Post
VERDUGO,

That's what I did... Start by just adding another table and when that becomes second nature add another till you find where you're comfort and playability level is. For me on my monitor 4 is not a problem as I can easily follow them all but if I try adding a 5th or 6th I have to start overlapping tables and it becomes harder for me to follow and I make more mistakes.
are you playing the 6 max or the 9man, i seem to do better at 6 max but takes longer to show profit, suggestions??

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
what day mine is the 21st

hemet my bday is the 9th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyis View Post
VERDUGO,

yeah I played 2 tables last night and finished the day with about 27 fpps. I figure I need about 25 - 30 per day to hit silver star.

Quote:
dman...sorry dude...I know the pic sure is pretty aint it? if it helps I lost a girl that looks just like her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmm Fish View Post
Now all of a sudden I'm thinking about the movie The Crying Game.
fish... not the crying game!!! now thats just horrible!

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 02:42 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Truth be told I kinda look like your sim avatar! lol kinda anyway...surprised you guys dont remember my old pic from when I started the pso and you dman were at the top of the leaderboards...anywho just sent off the request to support for the image change...

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 10:16 PM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Quote:
Truth be told I kinda look like your sim avatar! lol kinda anyway...surprised you guys dont remember my old pic from when I started the pso and you dman were at the top of the leaderboards...anywho just sent off the request to support for the image change...
I feel kinda dirty now. One shower ain't gonna be enough

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com