Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Fear of Cheaters...

Old
Fear of Cheaters... - Thu Feb 03, 2011, 07:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I have joined PokerStars as of this month, I was telling a co-worker about my interest in Poker and the use of this site. He told me that he had seen a news program about people cheating. I am in NO way shape or form trying to cheat or even ask how to. I am just wondering if anyone else shares this fear. I had not given it any thought until that co-worker mentioned it, figuring that Poker Stars had a strong system in place. I am sure this or something like it has been posted before so please don't troll me to the depths. Just want to hear input from other users. Of course I looked up cheating on Google, to see the validity of what my co-worker was saying. Some of the things I found were quite scary. Thanks for your time.

MacUser86

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 07:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacUser86 View Post
I have joined PokerStars as of this month, I was telling a co-worker about my interest in Poker and the use of this site. He told me that he had seen a news program about people cheating. I am in NO way shape or form trying to cheat or even ask how to. I am just wondering if anyone else shares this fear. I had not given it any thought until that co-worker mentioned it, figuring that Poker Stars had a strong system in place. I am sure this or something like it has been posted before so please don't troll me to the depths. Just want to hear input from other users. Of course I looked up cheating on Google, to see the validity of what my co-worker was saying. Some of the things I found were quite scary. Thanks for your time.

MacUser86

i only fear people who are mac users lol

but really i don't think it is as easy as it may have been at one time
i mostly play just to have fun

good luck and have fun

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 07:55 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Nothing to fear here, I enjoy the Mac, and it is the most creative thing I could come up with at the time. I play for fun, but I have started a small bankroll and just want to know how safe it is, or if I need to just stick to play money. Thanks for the reply.

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 08:01 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
You wanna be careful on those play money tables. Full of Sharks

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 08:15 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
a scared player will lose money IMO

i trust pokerstars, i mean they're obv legit

as far as cheating goes... i win money sometimes so i don't worry about it

i rarely play cash tables and stick with 45man+ sngs and mtts... how can people really cheat those ya know?

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 08:24 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
you would be surprised to see how many tools there are to cheat with

mac user if you find anything that resembles anything like cheating report it to support
copy the hand history and send it in we have to be active in the elimination of cheaters
i sent a hand history yesterday when i witness what i believe was a chip dump
$.25 SNG 90 man near the bubble
big stack loss 5k
next hand him and the next big stack riased everyone off the pot
player B had 7-8k in the pot with 6k left river comes and B is first to act
he just folds no bet no check just give it all without a fight
now i could be wrong but i will feel better if it was checked out

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 08:29 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
i only fear people who are mac users lol

but really i don't think it is as easy as it may have been at one time
i mostly play just to have fun

good luck and have fun
That explains quite a bit...lol

MacUser, first of all welcome, this is a great place to learn more about a great game (IMO). I'm not sure, but it sounds as though your co-worker was referring to the story done by a news magazine in reference to the scandal at the poker site, Absolute Poker. It seems a former employee obtained access to a type of software that allowed them to view the 'hole cards' of the other players at the table. One would be naive to deny the existence of cheaters, but I believe one has plenty of palpable threats to worry about before one worries about cheaters.

Last edited by tazz864; Thu Feb 03, 2011 at 09:32 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 08:56 PM
(#8)
Deleted user

Last edited by deleted_username; Thu Feb 17, 2011 at 11:54 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 09:22 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
POTRIPPER is a person to look out for? Why is he still on the site?

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 09:57 PM
(#10)
Deleted user

Last edited by deleted_username; Thu Feb 17, 2011 at 11:55 PM..

Old
Cheating and pulling legs - Thu Feb 03, 2011, 10:00 PM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2010
Your co-worker unfortunately is "mis-informed". You will hear all kinds of stories about cheaters (and some are in collusion with other players), however after doing some of my own research about the algorithims etc and there are hundreds of posts on this forum about PS being fixed and rigged, people running programs that can see your cards etc. its all crap. There are a lot of top quality proffesionals who lend their name and proudly wear the PS logo when they are in tournaments and on tv who play here on POKERSTARS. There are on any given night 175 000 players on 28 thousand tables not all playing for money but a large amount I would think and that says something for this site. Will you get bad beats with hands you just shake your head at and go ...how is that friggin possible???? got to tell this one... ( Jd Ad) on the flop Qd Kd 10c so I have drawn a straight plus a possible royal flush player on the left calls all in with Kh 10s for 2 pair...this is an easy one I call .. turn Jh on the river..10h .. my straight possible royal dies a painful death beaten by a full house. Shit happens. Go play on the money tables, go play in the money freerolls build up a bankroll of a couple of bucks and sit at a 0.01/0.02 cent table and have fun. If your going to invest $ 1000 into your bankroll and sit at the bigdawg tables right of the bat then ...well as i digress, many players have been playing for years on here and have never heard of "software cheating" as PS has from what I have read and researched a very good software system to detect cheat programs. This is my opnion - item 2 ... dont believe everything someone tells you, ..(but believe me LOL) . I say learn and have fun.,
cheers the Hamster

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 10:07 PM
(#12)
Deleted user

Last edited by deleted_username; Fri Feb 18, 2011 at 12:10 AM..

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 10:22 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
Every,and I mean every,player that I have seen on this site that is convinced that it's rigged or that they are being cheated is a losing player. Period. And if they play for money they tend to hemmorrhage their bank(penny)roll like a drunken sailor in Tijuana on payday.

Are there players that attempt to cheat from time to time? Of course. And they are invariably caught and any affected players are compensated from what I've seen.

Stars has the best promotions around. And a huge rake everyday. Without their integrity all that goes away. Rest assured they care as much about you getting a fair game everytime you play as you do.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com