Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

worst streak of luck

Old
worst streak of luck - Thu Feb 03, 2011, 09:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
well im furious. i dont remember having such a bad streak, im sure i have but this just hurts.

ive been floating around 160-180 in my bankroll start of the year, but now im on a deep downward spiral. i was at 165 yesterday and im down to 136. i know its only $30 and ive built it up from $0 but i work so hard for my money i hate watching it go the way i have.

i dont have hand histories and i dont want to email them and go through them but this is an example of whats going on:

Cash tables I pick up AJ/AQ end up all in and they have AQ/AK and beat me. lost like $10 at least in the span of a few hands. I know that they aren't great hands for this particular reason but its crazy, 6 person tables and the person to my left happens to have the slightly better kicker to take my money.

then i play cash tables, im bluffing but im bluffing strong and im representing at least a pair. i keep betting, I shove and at the showdown guy turns over ace high and had hit an ace on the river.

Another time I have pair of queens on the flop I keep betting and they will hit a King or an ace calling the entire time with just that high card, no draws.

Then I move back to my strong area of MTT's I do 27/ $3.40 table. i get KQ suited dealer position so I raise, BB calls. flop wiffs, i bet he raises i reraise representing a big pocket pair. Turn I bet a good amount, and river i shove. after much thinking he calls with pair of 10s. NO one seems to show me any respect.

Then im doing an 18 person/ $3.40 table. Im pretty big stack, average is probably $2000 and I have $5000. I get A10, flop my ace and put the short stack all in. he calls with A3 thinking i was bluffing. he hits runner runner diamonds to hit the flush. I make it to the final table and I get my chips back against this same guy, my 9s hold up against his 7s. Few hands later I have a9 on the button, other big stack called middle position, I raise and he calls. flop A89. I slow play it, but build up an ok pot. River comes a 7, I bet he raises I shove (ive got 900 behind if i lose) and he calls with the nuts J10. So I go from chip leader to dead last 900 chips left.

its not a turbo tourney so i can wait for my spot to shove. im down to about 700 and I pick up kings. Thank you for giving me a shot. I shove and get 1 caller. He turns over pocket aces.

ahhh this is 3 days in a row ive gone no where but down in my bankroll. I "cashed" in the skill league in the 1 tourney i played, but that 1 cent isnt gonna make up for my $30 loss to horrible luck, donks, and yes i made a few bad plays but overall i feel i played well and should not be down this much

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 10:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
it sucks i know..
tighten up for a few games.. seriously.. it'll turn around.

in january i lost 5 hands holding KK in a row.. (5 IN A ROW) in live games
it bites, but it'll swing back eventually..

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 10:35 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
BOO HOO!!!

Welcometo the game

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 11:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
yeah, these aren't bad beat stories. you should see some of the messed up things that happened to me in 20 mins on FL tables! every 2-4 outers you could imagine. seems to me that you're just getting beaten by better hands and some folks just can't be bluffed. like the man said, tighten up for a while and just try to build that money back.

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 11:21 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAero View Post
BOO HOO!!!

Welcometo the game

exactly - here online or live in a poker room..
just trying to say it happens all over..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com