Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

linked to ace-rag post...what's your range?

Old
linked to ace-rag post...what's your range? - Thu Feb 03, 2011, 11:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
just found myself short stacked in another sit and go with pocket 9s. of course i shove but someone on button shoves over the top of me to isolate. dude shows Q-10 offsuit. true, i'm still coin flipping so i welcome the gamble but the guy hits a 10 on the river

i have lots of different hands in my range but most of the time i'm fairly tight and wouldn't even consider calling a normal raise with something like Q-10, nevermind shoving over the top. am i missing out on something? i raise big with hands like KK and it's always 10-8 that are cracking me (often and with ease). have been losing much money lately because of this kind of thing.

not bitching about aforementioned hand. people lose flips and i'm content how i played the 9s - i needed the double up. should i be calling with these kind of hands? ace-rag and queen high are hands i shouldn't be fighting to the death with. seems much more like gambling than playing good poker, maybe i should be abandoning the "skill game" myth. deck's beating the poop out of me right now.

What's your range like? I would call a raise (dependent on my stack) with A-10 and up, any pair over 7s (maybe under that if there's good pot odds to set mine), love those suited connectors (preferrably high and don't mind one or two gappers), maybe KQ and that's about it. Should I be opening up some?

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 11:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
As with everything else I've learned, it's almost always the same answer...It depends.

Not much help, but the answer moves all the time so that's what I'm goin with

But in reality, if I have enough chips and short stack shoves and I'm the only one in there...it really could be ATC. BUT, when is it enough chips to do that, how many do you have...etc

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com