Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Just Saying

Old
Just Saying - Fri Feb 04, 2011, 09:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
HELLO!!!!!

Been lurking and getting comfortable with playing the league.

I'm an older than dirt retiree who has a passion for poker and fishing, being up here in the "GREAT WHITE NORTH" the two blend well in keeping me occupied all year through.

By the way my avatar has nothing to do with poker - it's my logo for a small tackle business I operate serving the walleye fisherfolk in my neck of the woods.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on the tables.

McQ60

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 09:20 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2010
welcome to the pso

plenty of knowledgable wisdom within these forums to add to your well served poker brain

GL see you at the tables

Old
Welcome to PSO - Fri Feb 04, 2011, 09:44 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
From a fellow "Great White North" guy (well, Maine, but still...). Look forward to seeing you at the tables.

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 10:51 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ60 View Post
HELLO!!!!!

Been lurking and getting comfortable with playing the league.

I'm an older than dirt retiree who has a passion for poker and fishing, being up here in the "GREAT WHITE NORTH" the two blend well in keeping me occupied all year through.

By the way my avatar has nothing to do with poker - it's my logo for a small tackle business I operate serving the walleye fisherfolk in my neck of the woods.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on the tables.

McQ60
mmmmmmmmmmmmm walleye good eats welcome to pso good luck at the tables

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 05:20 PM
(#5)
Thanks folks - see you on the felt

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 06:35 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Yeah, welcome McQ60 from another Canuck.

My son lives in Aylmer. I usually get there in the spring and fall.

See ya around the tables.

Cheers

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 06:46 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
Hey, McQ. Vancouverite here, living in the great rainy northwest. I actually thought your avatar was a poker reference, because there's a fish in it. Like, you think of yourself as a fish that nevertheless nibbles away at other people's stacks until you win, or something like that. :P

Anyway, I hope your experience playing poker is a good one.

Old
cheers from the land of oil and steaks - Sat Feb 05, 2011, 02:13 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2010
Hey cheers from another great white northerner (ok I live within 200 miles of the border but its more north then 350 million other people) in Alberta. Have fun enjoy and hope to see you at the tables when my bankroll builds some more.
cheers the Hamster

Old
Sat Feb 05, 2011, 08:32 AM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
welcome great white north so got to ask- Got Geddy? c ya Spin

Old
Sat Feb 05, 2011, 04:39 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the intro. If you have any questions, this group is more than helpful.
Don't be a stranger and best o' luck!

Old
Sat Feb 05, 2011, 04:44 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Walleye. Is that what we'd call a Pike?

Old
Sat Feb 05, 2011, 04:55 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Hi, McQ. Welcome to the forum!

Dawn

Old
Sat Feb 05, 2011, 05:46 PM
(#13)
Darkman 61- the european version is called Zander / Sander, Holland is the most notable destination for this fish and they grow huge - 25 lbs is not uncommon.

Over here Pike are called Northern Pike and another interesting fact - the european version can grow larger than the variety we have here in Canada - 50 lbs is again not uncommon.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com