Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

playing weak hands because good hands lose?

Old
playing weak hands because good hands lose? - Fri Feb 04, 2011, 02:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
hi everyone, i find myself playing alot of hands like 56....9 10...k9...and stuff suited like 5 7 or 9 6...i know these are not good hands to play but i play them because when i have a strong hand like ace 10 or ace king or even kk or aa or ace jack i end up losing to bingo players. i guess my question then is what gives you guys the control to fold crap hands when the good hands usaualy lose? or is it just me and do u guys not have such bad luck.. i mean if i have aa or kk ill shove all in and a donkey will hit a flush with his 6 of hearts or a straight with his 2 5...what do yall suggest i do?

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 02:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Focus on making good decisions and not on the results of single hands. Winning poker players, i.e. those that win in the long run, make correct decision a majority of the time. Variance bites us all in the posterior more than we would like, but in time you need to learn to detach your emotions from the result of the hand and focus instead on "Did I make the best decision(s) here?".

In a long poker career you should expect to see every kind of beat imaginable. Also remember that a bad beat means you got your money in with the best of it.

GL on the tables.

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 02:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
we all deal with bingo players.i dont understand you post.you have +2.76 -5.83 +37.82 +39.7.so you are doing something right.seems you have a very large range of hands that you will play.good luck see ya on the felt

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com