Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

New member here looking for more info

Old
New member here looking for more info - Sun Feb 06, 2011, 09:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
Well i took the quiz and got tickets to the PSO skill league tourneys just thinking it was a way to earn a little $ to start off with (and i finished 3rd place in last nights and won 95 cents!!)
But it seems everyone was saying the end of month prize was what would really bring in $$
Can someone clarify what exactly that is? And how am i eligible for it? Ive never deposited before but i do have a tiny bit of money on my account (55 cents, i lost what i made from the tourney at a ring)
on my profile page it shows my rank is 760 but there is no check under active or qualified. Does this mean i cannot win money??

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 09:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Welcome shadow787470

Just look toward the top of this screen you will see in Blue text the word LEAGUE. Click that and you will the leaderboard where the top player gets $1,500 at the end of the month.

To check your own placing click the following link

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/leagues/pso-skill-league/leaderboard/?username=shadow787470&month=0

You will note that you are not 'active' this month.

MB

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 09:22 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/league

This explains everything...good luck!

(Looks like you beat me to it Bee )

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 09:23 AM
(#4)
I see my position and i read about the different payout for active and white star, but how do i get active status?

If it is by depositing $ then i suppose im kinda screwed for now. Neither of my credit cards work on PS and i dont think i can do an echeck. Is there any method that will work with credit cards in the US?

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 09:49 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
To become an active player, you need to earn 20 VPPS each month. You do that through the cash games. If you go via the tounament route, those VPPS can cost you over $40. Play the ring games, the price is much cheaper.

Also, don't get confused by Fpps and Vpps. Fpps are worthless, unless you want to spend them on the turbo games. They are earned at a faster rate. Vpps will get you active. Check the cashier to find out how many you have.

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 09:56 AM
(#6)
The cashier shows i hve 1.07 frequent player points. I assume that is the FPP and not the VPP
Where do i find out about VPPs?

is i click on vip stellar rewards it says i have collected 1.07 VPP this month. So whats the difference between VPP and FPP if the both are the same??

Ill have to earn another 25 cents before i can play a ring game again, but hopefully i can do that soon.

the main thing i wanted to know was do any of the prizes or prerequisites for prizes require a deposit at some point

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 11:50 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the pso and the forum shadow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow787470 View Post
The cashier shows i hve 1.07 frequent player points. I assume that is the FPP and not the VPP.....Right, they are not the same. Fpps never reset either, they are used by the player to buy products, or buy into games.
Where do i find out about VPPs? ....When you are in the cashier, click on the vip status bar. There in the top left corner is your vpps for the month and year. It resets to 0 every month, so you need to earn 20 every month. In the middle of the window, toward the bottom, click on the blue link for explanations on how to earn vpps. Basically, you have to play real money games and the forum is loaded w/ tips on the best way to earn vpps. Remember in ring tables, you don't have to play a hand to earn vpps, you just can't be sitting out.

is i click on vip stellar rewards it says i have collected 1.07 VPP this month. So whats the difference between VPP and FPP if the both are the same??......see above

Ill have to earn another 25 cents before i can play a ring game again, but hopefully i can do that soon.

the main thing i wanted to know was do any of the prizes or prerequisites for prizes require a deposit at some point ....No, you don't have to deposit, you just have to earn the 20 vpps every month to receive the biggest payouts.
Many players take the first month of the pso, or even the first two, to get to active status without depositing. Take your time and be smart with your small beginning bankroll. You can do it without much difficulty.
Let us know if you have any other questions and best o' luck!

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Sun Feb 06, 2011 at 11:53 AM..

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 11:51 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
deleted

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 12:27 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
I see my position and i read about the different payout for active and white star, but how do i get active status?

If it is by depositing $ then i suppose im kinda screwed for now. Neither of my credit cards work on PS and i dont think i can do an echeck. Is there any method that will work with credit cards in the US?
I used our debit card & our bank caught the transaction & blocked it but, when I went to do an echeck, it goes right through everytime. Try the echeck & you shouldn't have any problems. I guess the debit/credit card comes up with the word poker in the description & doing echeck just says PSTARS.

Dawn

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 12:31 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
the main thing i wanted to know was do any of the prizes or prerequisites for prizes require a deposit at some point
If you can't deposit this month you can still win money if your points are at or above 1525. Your prize just won't be as big as it would be if you were active.

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 12:52 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Don't worry about depositing. I've never deposited on PS simply because my CC's were never accepted, yet at one point I had over $500 in my account. Just keep doing what you're doing. Maybe wait till you have enough to play some cash games or take a stab at the .10, .25. SNG's. Heck, if you're feeling lucky, try the .02 SNG, though those are pretty bad.

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 01:29 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
You might want to consider the astrology freerolls and the $90K sat games found under the tournament, freeroll tab. The astrology games give you a chance at earning cash. Though difficult, if you can make it, the $90K freerolls have some cash prizes of $5.50.

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 01:33 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewski68 View Post
I used our debit card & our bank caught the transaction & blocked it but, when I went to do an echeck, it goes right through everytime. Try the echeck & you shouldn't have any problems. I guess the debit/credit card comes up with the word poker in the description & doing echeck just says PSTARS.

Dawn
Be careful with e-checks if you're a US resident. Some folks have had their accounts go into the negative due to the e-check going through PokerStars okay but never clearing their bank. See the following thread.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-by-jimmi-page

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 08:34 PM
(#14)
I lost it all at a .01/.02 FL ring...
Such bs. People triple reraise with 63 vs my AA and hit straights when i hit trips and other donk calls. NL is the only way to play. Unfortunately i have no money and i played bad in two pso tourneys today as well so i dropped off the prize payouts for now.

Im still thoroughly pissed at how the FL rings are played but i should be able to climb back up soon.

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 10:56 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
You can make a deposit through Western Union. $100 minimum and it will cost $15 for WU to send. Go to cashier and click "buy chips"....click "Western Union" and follow all directions exactly. Hope this helps.

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 12:08 AM
(#16)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
eChecks dont' work everywhere. When i signed up here last month it let me do eCheck initially. Then it said it couldn't be processed, when i try to go back and do it i get a message saying it's not available in my state at this time.

I can vouch for doing it through Western Union money transfer. I went ahead and did that, it just sucks that you have to put up $100, plus the transfer fee cost me $15. But if you're really wanting to make a deposit, it works.

Good luck, and see ya at the tables!

EDIT:: I just realized some other people basically said the same thing. Sorry! lol

Last edited by JaksDaddy; Thu Feb 10, 2011 at 12:10 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com