Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

Guaging Interest

View Poll Results: Is this of any interest
I would be interested in playing in such a Club 3 100.00%
I wouldn't be interested in playing in such a Club 0 0%
I would be willing to offer sponsorship to such a club 0 0%
I would not be willing to offer sponsorship to such a Clun 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old
Guaging Interest - Sun Feb 06, 2011, 09:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
Being a bit of a "Billy No Mates" I haven't bothered setting up a Home Game Club, there are certainly plenty to choose from already within the PSO and adding another wouldn't be of benefit unless it had a specific purpose.

Since Home Games were introduced it struck me immediately that they would provide the perfect means to create games for beginners or those with low bankrolls to play in play money games that weren't just "bun fights", to give those players a chance to actually hone their skills in ring games and MTT's that provided a decent standard of play without risking their minimal if existing bankroll.

I am therefore considering, if there is sufficient interest, creating a Beginners Home Game Club for novice players with little if any bankroll with ring tables and weekly scheduled tourneys of varying formats all in play money.

If sufficient interest is available and also sponsorship support from other members to enable the posting of monthly league prizes I would look to set this up to start in March.

Before going in to too much detail I thought it best to gauge what interest there actually would be.

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 10:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Great idea and count me in...however, I think it's going to be difficult to aquire enough members to make the effort worth your while...reason I say this is because I'm currently in six clubs...one has 40+ members but I haven't played any in that one because of my limited BR...two only have around five members each and there is no activity...Dan is making an effort in his club for new members with play money...there are several members in that one and had a decent turnout the other night...TARIQ is trying to help newbs with BR building by offering freerolls with real money payouts...he had a good turnout yesterday...JT in my opinion is going beyond generous in his club but the turnouts aren't anywhere near what they should be...perhaps it will change...time will tell...I say yeah get one started and I'll help in any way possible.

BULLS

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com