Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

get rid of the 10 prize pool for pso tournys!

Old
get rid of the 10 prize pool for pso tournys! - Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
i would like to see the 10 prize pool gone from pso tournys...as long as they keep this there will be and endless line of donks and all inners trying to cash in on these tournys...they dont care about the monthly ratings they just want that big 2.43 dollar win...so if they lose they can just play next one no big deal... but for people like me trying to collect points these clowns are killing me...got knocked out of 2 tournys not even an hour in because these bozos who call my qq with a 6 and a 10 and hit a full house...lets get rid of the prize pool to keep these clowns from playing

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlee1984 View Post
i would like to see the 10 prize pool gone from pso tournys...as long as they keep this there will be and endless line of donks and all inners trying to cash in on these tournys...they dont care about the monthly ratings they just want that big 2.43 dollar win...so if they lose they can just play next one no big deal... but for people like me trying to collect points these clowns are killing me...got knocked out of 2 tournys not even an hour in because these bozos who call my qq with a 6 and a 10 and hit a full house...lets get rid of the prize pool to keep these clowns from playing
Has to be a prize in order to track rankings. Same Ole Same Ole

JT

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:28 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
And for the 1 Millionth time. They CANNOT get rid of the prize pool due to Pokerstars regulations for the league.

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:29 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Dman, cote, roomik, seagull, tazz, moxie, hemet???? anybody care to comment???

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:30 PM
(#5)
PSO needs the money to tally points
the system wont do it otherwise

sorry

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:32 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
well then can they make the prize pool 10 cents instead of ten dollars?

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:32 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnnancy View Post
And for the 1 Millionth time. They CANNOT get rid of the prize pool due to Pokerstars regulations for the league.
Eric,

Not that I'm doubting this but where is this information? I do think the cash prize is the incentive for the donkeys who know they have no chance at the bigger prizes from the leaderboard. I would still play if it was just the leaderboard points as there is still an incentive to play good solid poker and the payoff could be even greater.

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:33 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyis View Post
Eric,

Not that I'm doubting this but where is this information? I do think the cash prize is the incentive for the donkeys who know they have no chance at the bigger prizes from the leaderboard. I would still play if it was just the leaderboard points as there is still an incentive to play good solid poker and the payoff could be even greater.
Cyis,
This topic has been brought up at least 100 times since PSO started, and I do recall PSO Staff saying they had to have a prize pool in order for League Tracking purposes.

If you look at every League (Facebook and Twitter for instance), they all have a prize associated, even if it is just a Ticket to another tournament.

Last edited by ericnnancy; Sun Feb 06, 2011 at 02:36 PM..

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:36 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
lol...

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#10)
I need that one cent.

Signed
Super Donk

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:41 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
the point of the issue is not the tracking system, the scoring system, the point system, or the pay out....its about donks...which there is nothing you can do but be leary, wary and play accordingly thats all one can do...

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:41 PM
(#12)
Quote:
well then can they make the prize pool 10 cents instead of ten dollars?
NO
$10 is as low as it goes

It is what it is, you'll have to adjust or learn to deal with with it whatever your situation is

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:42 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirshot View Post
I need that one cent.

Signed
Super Donk

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:44 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Hey don't laugh
Many of us created a bankroll to become active by making the most of these precious pennies

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:51 PM
(#15)
Since: Dec 2010
Maybe make this a playchip tourney where the entry fee is playchips... daily cashes you get payed in playchips...the monthly prizes payed in cash...this may keep a few donks out?

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 02:59 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Cyis,
This topic has been brought up at least 100 times since PSO started, and I do recall PSO Staff saying they had to have a prize pool in order for League Tracking purposes.

If you look at every League (Facebook and Twitter for instance), they all have a prize associated, even if it is just a Ticket to another tournament.

so what you are saying is they don't need the money prize

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 03:00 PM
(#17)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
As mentioned earlier, the prize is due to PokerStars. They require both the prize for tracking, and the $10 is the minimum prize allowable.

Now if you would like making that money worthwhile, why not have the prize fixed, but the payouts are for those reaching the final table. The points could be adjusted so people that miss the final table receive negative scores.

Okay, joking about the point system, but serious about the other. Might affect those players who feel ATC will get them to the penny payout.

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 03:03 PM
(#18)
Since: Sep 2010
People actually play the PSO freerolls for the 2.5 payout? Really?

I don't think removing that would undonkify the freerolls. I really don't, personally.

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 03:05 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
so what you are saying is they don't need the money prize

Well, the prize has to be there, and since we still don't have seperate leagues for donks and shovers and people who take the league seriously, we'll just have to play for the $10

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 04:03 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Well, the prize has to be there, and since we still don't have seperate leagues for donks and shovers and people who take the league seriously, we'll just have to play for the $10
I say, like I have said before...add a graduated skill league (league A), for hmmmm say a $1.10 buy in...with a $1000 gauranteed prize pool. but you have to earn a pass not a ticket to play in these tourney meaning you have to accomplish a certain finish in the prior months freeroll skill league...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com