Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

frustrated

Old
frustrated - Sun Feb 06, 2011, 05:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
I have gone thru the courses at the poker school & attended 5 of the live chats. Now I' can't even come into the money on the games. I'm down to playing the .50-.05 to try & build my cash but am getting nothing but lossing hands. It's almost as if I've been put on a "no win" program.
So now what do I do. Quit Poker?
disgusted!!!

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 05:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
We all go thru these growing pain esp. when you are making changes to your game well learning

Poker is a constant changing game what was working for me last summer may not be working for me today

the best advice i can give is roll with the changes and keep learning and most important keep a POSITIVE ATTITUDE

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 05:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by glory35 View Post
I have gone thru the courses at the poker school & attended 5 of the live chats. Now I' can't even come into the money on the games. I'm down to playing the .50-.05 to try & build my cash but am getting nothing but lossing hands. It's almost as if I've been put on a "no win" program.
disgusted!!!

so no playing the skill league just right to the cash tables

i read a book on football i should be in the super bowl

good luck with that

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 05:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Excellent advice TOO2COO

Old
back atcha - Sun Feb 06, 2011, 05:36 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Sorry I don't play foot ball! And thanks for the sarcastic advice.

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 05:38 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Sorry I don't play foot ball! And thanks for the sarcastic advice.

no problem

good luck

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 05:41 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
The advice may have had a sarcastic edge, but he has a good point. Spend some time playing in the PSO tourneys, and don't worry so much about building your bankroll right away until you feel comfortable with some of the nuances of the game.

As for me, I spend my time on either the .25 45-person SNG's or the FLHE games to build my bankroll, especially the latter. In FLHE, if you play a tight game, and are aggressive with your made hands, you'll start to make some money and build some confidence. The low level one table SNG's are also good as long as you keep your eye on the prize - which is making it to the top three.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Old
re sarcasm - Sun Feb 06, 2011, 05:46 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Although the answer was sarcastic, the advice was still good. You should probably take some time to practice what you learned in the courses, either on the play money tables or some freerolls.

I found that right after I went through the courses my game took a nosedive for a while. It took some time to adapt what I had learned to my style of play, even though I had been playing play money games for almost a year.

Keep working at it, the wins will come.

Good luck!!

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 07:39 PM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
disgusted!!!
Why quit?

Do you enjoy playing poker? I'm not talking enjoy just when you are winning. I mean enjoy it for what it is, a competitive table game with a constantly changing learning curve.

While anyone can learn the basics, you need to take those basics and make them your own with your own style, and just when you think you have it mastered, you get to do it all over again.

I'm not trying to be harsh and definitely don't claim to know everything there is to know about poker or Texas Hold "em. I've been playing poker since I was a kid (raised in an italian family who got together on Sundays for dinner and five and dime), and playing Hold "em on and off for about 7 years. I just started to get "serious" about it as far as studying and practicing. What I can tell you is even after playing, taking the courses here, and playing in the league tournies....I STILL can't touch a cash ring table to save my life, nor do I think I am even ready for a cash table.

My best advice that I can give, and it has been stated in previous posts, is practice, practice, practice what you have learned. Don't do it at cash tables, do it in freerolls, PSO league, anywhere where the learning curve isn't going to affect your wallet in a negative manner.

Again, sorry if what I said seems harsh or anything else, but it's just how it is.

Good luck in your journey and see ya' at the tables.

Rosie

Also, not sure if you are in the states or canada, but if you are, try doing the NAPL shootouts to win tickets into their Rookie and Senior cash tournies. I use the shootouts as a way to blow off steam when I just can't seem to get things right at the tables. The added benefits are you can win tickets into the cash tournaments. Again, free practice with a chance of adding to your bankroll.

Last edited by Faery Tats; Sun Feb 06, 2011 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Added info....

Old
Mon Feb 07, 2011, 10:17 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
did some one say i was sarcastic ??

i can't believe that

Old
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 01:01 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
hey there all giving excellent advice . all i can say is i went threw 11 days of some bad play and some harsh azz luck took 2 days off only played pso and study d {full tilt has an excellent training viedos} and make quick glance charts for hand ranks hand ranges ect study study study goodluck hang in there - you gotta put in the time to be even a fair player c ya late Spin

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com