Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Experiment: Raising (Almost) Every Hand

Old
Experiment: Raising (Almost) Every Hand - Sun Feb 06, 2011, 09:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
I just played a sit & go and, halfway through, I decided to try an experiment. Every hand, I intended to open any unopened pot. If I had a half-decent holding, I would 3bet any opened pot. The only thing I wouldn't do was make a bad call if I got raised. It was pretty funny to see how often people folded to me. I got away with it for about 30 hands. People were folding everything, and my projected strength seemed to allow me to get away with a handful of complete post-flop bluffs, too. I got shut down when someone called me with AK on a four-flush board, with only top pair. It was pretty interesting how long I got away with opening every single pot, though. My fold equity was almost exactly equating my losses when I had to fold, up until I lost my whole stack. That's all.

Old
Mon Feb 07, 2011, 01:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
ya ive wondered if I should try this. I played a heads up tourney against a guy who would raise and reraise me every hand. its tough because if you miss the flop and even though I know he doesnt have anything I gotta toss my hand.

If i remember correctly he ended up winning the heads up so maybe the strategy worked. he would build a big lead but then id get one good hand and get it back. but eventually blinds got too big and i think he lucked out

but interesting strategy, I wonder how well it works for different table sizes (heads up compared to 6 max, 9 and 10 full tables)

Old
Mon Feb 07, 2011, 10:19 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
This is a common strategy that a lot of loose players use. They raise all the time and they count on you missing the flop so you can't call their c-bet.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com