Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

AA loses to J3s

Old
AA loses to J3s - Mon Feb 07, 2011, 03:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
So I'm in late position with a super-agg "donk" in the BB who has played every hand so far in the early part of the tourney and got some chips by going all in with 75o and hitting a full house, taking two other players full stack.

Anyway, I get pocket rockets. The player to my right limps in, I raise to 100 (first level, 10/20 blinds), BB calls and limper calls.

Flop comes 8A4 rainbow. Player to my right checks. I check because BB has shot bullets every street since getting his stack, so I'm hoping to check/raise. But instead I get a check. Turn comes 2. First player bets 150, I reraise to 600, super-agg guys folds. First player re-raises all-in. I look at the board and see maybe a flush draw. Outside chance of a gut shot straight draw, but only if he has a 3 or a 5, which doesn't make a lot of sense based on the betting. So I call the all in. He turns over a J3s and my set of Aces are looking pretty good.

Until the 5 lands on the river, and my pretty set of Aces loses to the J3s.

Probably should have bet on the flop, but my read was pretty strong that Super-Agg was going to start the betting for me.

And that is how I finished in 1200th place in the 3pm tourney.

Old
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 03:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
done that before just out smart my self sometimes

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com