Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

When and Why did Observer Chat Change?

Old
Default
When and Why did Observer Chat Change? - Tue Feb 08, 2011, 10:09 PM
(#1)
KG1993's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 17
BronzeStar
Maybe this has been asked and answered, but why & when did it become PStars Forbidden to rail someone to wish them luck or even dare say Hi because you are not in that particular league event.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 10:14 PM
(#2)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG1993 View Post
Maybe this has been asked and answered, but why & when did it become PStars Forbidden to rail someone to wish them luck or even dare say Hi because you are not in that particular league event.

FEB. 1ST

 
Old
Default
That Covers The When, Did PStars Divuldge.... - Tue Feb 08, 2011, 10:20 PM
(#3)
KG1993's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 17
BronzeStar
The reason behind their Executive Order, being they are benevolant dictators....
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 10:26 PM
(#4)
brkn80's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 440
KG I sent a PM to PSO staff right away and have still not heard back from them.
What gets me is that you can rail the PSO Warm Up game but not the PSO.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 10:27 PM
(#5)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG1993 View Post
The reason behind their Executive Order, being they are benevolant dictators....
IT IS THERE HOUSE

BUT STAFF SAID THEY WOULD LOOK INTO THIS

I HAVE NOT SEEN THAT THEY GOT BACK ON THIS YET

 
Old
Default
Dumb is Dumb Though - Tue Feb 08, 2011, 11:25 PM
(#6)
KG1993's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 17
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
IT IS THERE HOUSE

BUT STAFF SAID THEY WOULD LOOK INTO THIS

I HAVE NOT SEEN THAT THEY GOT BACK ON THIS YET

Yes it is there House, But Dumb is Dumb, It could be because the Chat interupts the train of thinking of the Shove Monkees and Donks, they are so easily distracted
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 11:41 PM
(#7)
spike8998's Avatar
Since: Apr 2010
Posts: 853
I emailed support twice in January

They passed it to Pokerstars

Who's reply was ;

On.y registered players can chat and those with at least the buy in for that tourney
 
Old
Cool
LOL - Tue Feb 08, 2011, 11:43 PM
(#8)
Jarhead8286's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 20
BronzeStar
Bump he he he
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 11:48 PM
(#9)
spike8998's Avatar
Since: Apr 2010
Posts: 853
Heres what pokerstars said

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

To minimise unwanted observer chat, begging and spam at the tables,
PokerStars has implemented a number of observer chat restrictions. These
include blocking the ability to copy and paste into chat at our tables, and
the introduction of a rule requiring you to have at least $1 in your account
to chat as an observer on a real money table for micro limit games, or at
least the minimum buy-in for the table at higher-limit tables.

Please note that if you have multiple currencies on your account, the chat
restriction is calculated according to the balance of the currency which you
have set as preferred. If you are blocked from chatting at a table, but have
a sufficient balance in another currency, setting that currency as your
preferred one in the Cashier will permit you to chat at the table.

We do understand this may be an inconvenience to some and that most players
are likely have no intention of using the chat for such purposes, however,
our real money players have expressed a strong desire to have spam and
begging free tables, and for this reason, we decided to implement these
measures.

Thank you for your understanding, and also for choosing PokerStars.

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.pokerschoolon.../smile-big.png
 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 11:19 AM
(#10)
Cheon57's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 482
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
Heres what pokerstars said

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

To minimise unwanted observer chat, begging and spam at the tables,
PokerStars has implemented a number of observer chat restrictions. These
include blocking the ability to copy and paste into chat at our tables, and
the introduction of a rule requiring you to have at least $1 in your account
to chat as an observer on a real money table for micro limit games, or at
least the minimum buy-in for the table at higher-limit tables.

Please note that if you have multiple currencies on your account, the chat
restriction is calculated according to the balance of the currency which you
have set as preferred. If you are blocked from chatting at a table, but have
a sufficient balance in another currency, setting that currency as your
preferred one in the Cashier will permit you to chat at the table.

We do understand this may be an inconvenience to some and that most players
are likely have no intention of using the chat for such purposes, however,
our real money players have expressed a strong desire to have spam and
begging free tables, and for this reason, we decided to implement these
measures.

Thank you for your understanding, and also for choosing PokerStars.

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.pokerschoolon.../smile-big.png

This has been in effect for quite some time now.
In some ways I don't like it but on the other hand I don't really want any unnecessary distractions when playing in important events.
All it does is not let people chat from the rail but doesn't prohibit them from observing.
Taking into account that some get very emotional about the game and others are just born ****-retentive, it is probably for the best.

 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 11:49 AM
(#11)
PanickyPoker's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,168
Observer chat can be turned off if you don't like the distraction. Abusive chat can be reported. :/

Oh, well.
 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 12:44 PM
(#12)
wwwMBeecouk's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 690
BronzeStar
I was watching a very high stakes H2H series of games (the same two players had five tables going against each other at $500 a time) and the chat was full of begging and hate comments! (this was at FT) so I can understand the viewpoint of PStars.

MB
 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 01:02 PM
(#13)
PSO-Staff's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 399
(Administrator)
Are our members now able to chat in the pso league tournaments even if they didnt enter the event?


Good Luck
PSO STAFF
 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 01:14 PM
(#14)
PanickyPoker's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,168
I don't know. Somebody try it right now. I can't because I'm in it.
 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 01:35 PM
(#15)
hobojim11247's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,388
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Observer chat can be turned off if you don't like the distraction. Abusive chat can be reported. :/

Oh, well.

Reporting abusive chat is a joke. I have seen it reported and then ignored by the mods on a number of occasions, all they say is to turn it off. Why should I have to turn off my friends because some asshole wants to be abusive???
Great rule.
 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 02:20 PM
(#16)
Bill Curran's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojim11247 View Post
Reporting abusive chat is a joke. I have seen it reported and then ignored by the mods on a number of occasions, all they say is to turn it off. Why should I have to turn off my friends because some asshole wants to be abusive???
Great rule.

Jim, if you right click on a players avatar, a drop down menu appears, one of the possibilities is Block Chat.

If you check this, then all chat from this player is blocked in your chat box.

This applies all the time until you uncheck it for that player, so he/she will never bother you again, but others at the table or observing can still chat to you, and you to them.

 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 03:04 PM
(#17)
oriholic's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 751
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post
Are our members now able to chat in the pso league tournaments even if they didnt enter the event?
Nope. Just tried.
 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 03:04 PM
(#18)
brkn80's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post
Are our members now able to chat in the pso league tournaments even if they didnt enter the event?
Just tried to rail in the 1500 tourney and it still wouldn't let me .
 
Old
Default
Still doesnt work - Wed Feb 09, 2011, 04:55 PM
(#19)
KG1993's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 17
BronzeStar
While I understand the concept of preventing begging, PSO is a freeroll and it still will not allow chat unless you entered the tourney. Thank you for all you do but this edict in a "Teaching" enviroment does not make sense... Just saying
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com