Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

ROI

Old
Question
ROI - Wed Feb 09, 2011, 04:36 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Despite the limited time I have for on-line poker, I have given myself a task to build a solid bankroll out of nearly nothing. Started in December 2010 with $15 and currently have $90. The profit comes nearly solely from $0.50 and $1 MTTs (and 2 Sunday 1/4 M's where I min-cashed after qualifying from a satellte). Have tried a bit cash games, SNGs and DONs where I was either slightly loosing or just even.

To speed up my bankroll build-up, I would like to increase the stakes soon, but I am not sure about the right time for moving up.
I have searched the net for what the proper ROI and bankroll should be if I want to go higher stakes, $2 - $4 and was getting very very very different answers.

My current ROI is +66.91%, but I have only 67 tournaments, which I believe is rather small number to make my current ROI a reliable statistic.

Please, please, any advices or suggestions regarding ROI, bankroll and # of tourneys to be comfortable with?

My current idea for the good time to move the stakes from $0.5-1 to $2-4 is as follows:
ROI: %+25 or more
Bankroll: $200 or more
#Tournaments: 100 or more

Thank you very much in advance.

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 08:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Chelle View Post
Despite the limited time I have for on-line poker, I have given myself a task to build a solid bankroll out of nearly nothing. Started in December 2010 with $15 and currently have $90. The profit comes nearly solely from $0.50 and $1 MTTs (and 2 Sunday 1/4 M's where I min-cashed after qualifying from a satellte). Have tried a bit cash games, SNGs and DONs where I was either slightly loosing or just even.

To speed up my bankroll build-up, I would like to increase the stakes soon, but I am not sure about the right time for moving up.
I have searched the net for what the proper ROI and bankroll should be if I want to go higher stakes, $2 - $4 and was getting very very very different answers.

My current ROI is +66.91%, but I have only 67 tournaments, which I believe is rather small number to make my current ROI a reliable statistic.

Please, please, any advices or suggestions regarding ROI, bankroll and # of tourneys to be comfortable with?

My current idea for the good time to move the stakes from $0.5-1 to $2-4 is as follows:
ROI: %+25 or more
Bankroll: $200 or more
#Tournaments: 100 or more

Thank you very much in advance.
Basically from what I have read, you need at least 100 buyins to move up.... your ROI is great it shows that you are crushing it, but all of the threads I study on the other sites say you need a minimum of 1000 games played to get a true sense of how well you are doing...and to beat the variance issues... keep playing build up that roll and take a few shots at the higher buyins, but dont jump up untill you have played at least 1000 games.. if after that amount of games your ROI is still high.... 10-20% your crushing it, move up and kill em

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 06:05 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Thank you for your help and advice, roomik!

1000 games? Wow, that's a lot. Maybe I should look into SNGs more. As of this month, I normally play 3 MTTs a day, so it would take me nearly a year to play 1000 tourneys.

So, you say:
ROI: 10-20%
Bankroll: $400
# Tourneys: 1'000

What other forums do you read?

Thanks again and good luck with all of your efforts

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 06:34 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I read a lot of the 2+2 forums, some really big fish give out a lot of advice but they can be really negative to people too lol

I know 1000 games seems like a ton, but they are 12 tabling these games 10 to 12 hours a day.... something I cant do lol

Here is a link to 1 I am reading now http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/17...2012-a-937451/

And the variance on Mtts is insane.... I would suggest playing more sitngos

Last edited by roomik17; Wed Feb 09, 2011 at 06:36 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com