Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Home Games Promotion

Old
Home Games Promotion - Wed Feb 09, 2011, 08:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I E.mailed support as I hadn't received a ticket to the Wednesday Home Game managers weekly freeroll, to have a PokerStars Pro play in your Home Game + $1,000 added to the prize pool.

I got this back from them:-

Hello William,

Thank you for your interest in our "Home Games Play With The Pros" promotion.

I am sorry to inform you that the Home Games Play With The Pros promotion is only available to players in North America.

For more detailed information about the "Home Games Play With The Pros" promotion, please visit:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/home...lay-with-pros/

Please let us know if you have any further questions, and best of luck in the games.

Regards.

Tim
PokerStars Support Team.

Now I am not one to gripe usually, but Home Games are available to every PokerStars member, where ever in the World they happen to live.

Online Poker is available Worldwide, and you can play against anyone, anywhere, anytime.

So WHY is this promotion for Home Games, LIMITED to only the North American Continent ?

This seems totally unfair, to the rest of us.

The Grand Final in March is open to ALL Home Game Club Managers, so why aren't the weekly ones ?

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 08:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Well that sucks Bill

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 10:15 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
that sucks, is the grand final the tourney thats on 6march? if yes i already got a ticket, u just gotta host a couple of play money games

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 10:18 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
snip

I am sorry to inform you that the Home Games Play With The Pros promotion is only available to players in North America.

snip
Bill,

I suggest you email them back and ask why they advertised this promo on UK Ch4 during the UKIPT champion of champions prog.

MB

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 10:33 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
i dont see it saying u gotta be from North america anywhere on that link u gave bill

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 01:25 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donksrule001 View Post
i dont see it saying u gotta be from North america anywhere on that link u gave bill
I couldn't see anything either which is why I am gobsmacked that only North America is included,and like wwwMBeecouk says why advertise it on UK TV if we are not part of it.

Surely this Promo should be open to all Home Game Managers, no matter where they are situated,after all Home Games have been promoted Worldwide.

If the intention was to only allow US and Canadian residents this chance, then they should have restricted the opportunity to Host Home Games to that Continent.

That would have really set the cat amongst the pigeons.

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 01:37 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
try contacting support again maby that person that replied was misinformed

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 02:00 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donksrule001 View Post
try contacting support again maby that person that replied was misinformed
I have replied to their E.mail, asking why it was advertised on UK TV if we aren't eligible.

I also told them that I couldn't find anywhere, where it said restricted to North American Players.

I also pointed out that quite a number of the people registered for the March 6th Tournament are not North Americans, and quite likely started their Home Game Club on the basis of this promotion.

Well, I mean, who wouldn't want a Pro and an extra $1,000 in their Home Club ?

I just hope a few more people send E.mails asking about this.

I am now waiting to hear back.

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 03:19 PM
(#9)
I have just received a reply from Support, they gave me the same link.

And guess what ?

On the Home Games promotions home page, on the Play with Pro's banner, it now says:

Please Note: the Home Games Play with the Pros promotion is only available to players in North America.

I SWEAR IT WASN'T THERE BEFORE.

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 09:24 PM
(#10)
Since: May 2010
BronzeStar
I think you got robbed, its not like anyone has to travel, I was just hoping to get in the $100,000 freeroll. Seems like one ( or is it more ? ) givaway of $1000 and play with a pro package is quite a long shot anyway, i never get my hopes up to win a lottery type of promotion. What does it take to win this? other than be from North America.

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 10:43 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Bowie View Post
I think you got robbed, its not like anyone has to travel, I was just hoping to get in the $100,000 freeroll. Seems like one ( or is it more ? ) givaway of $1000 and play with a pro package is quite a long shot anyway, i never get my hopes up to win a lottery type of promotion. What does it take to win this? other than be from North America.
ring table or tourney with 8 or more

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com