Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Anyone watch...

Old
Question
Anyone watch... - Wed Feb 09, 2011, 09:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
...the 60 minutes on cable last night? The section on online gambling in particular. What did you think?

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 10:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Didn't see it. What went on?

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 10:35 AM
(#3)
I didn't get to watch it as closely as I'd liked to have.
But from what I gathered, I think there is one person who is responsible for making it impossible to deposit through the banks.

The US could well be on the way to regulating online gambling. The legislation is there, and seems to be picking up support to fully legalize online gambling in the US. It's amazing to hear the amount of taxes that would have been generated for the states if they did regulate it.

The feds in the US even had a chance to go after oversees online gambling sites when they had pavilions at a convention and chose not to go after them there. Even the UK has offered to send the taxes that should be due the US for online gambling.

The US will hopefully be getting this regulated fully soon.

This is most of what I took from the show. Like I said, I couldn't watch it too close, so I'd like to hear if others heard some stuff differently, or is there anything I missed.

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 11:06 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
This?

http://www.lvrj.com/blogs/stutz/Roon...0_Minutes.html

couldnt find the actual 60 minutes video cut

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 01:20 PM
(#5)
No, I don't think that was it. I think it was on CNN, or MSNBC.. whoever does the 60 minutes show.

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 02:19 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
ONLY SAW THE END OF IT AND I THINK IT WAS CNBC

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 04:15 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Didn't see it. What went on?
IT WILL BE ON AGAIN NEXT TUES. AT 6:00PM ON CNBC

I SET TO RECORD ALREADY

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com