Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Training sites suggestions plz

Old
Training sites suggestions plz - Wed Feb 09, 2011, 02:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I had my mind made up that I was going to purchase negreanus vt site for the $129 and no montly fee for 3 months, however, after browing on the 2+2 forums I came across a site called tournamentpokeredge.com. Now I cannot seem to make my mind up.

TournamentEdge.com only deals with MTTs and SNGs, but has some other cool features where you can go into chat and post a hand and get instant feed back on it by the pros in the site. I think it consists of like 5 pros.

Negreanus site has training modules and actual courses that I can learn many other areas of poker. For example, I struggle with math and his site has a complete set of modules to help me inprove my math.

I guess I am just looking for any suggustions on to what you guys think I should do. Also, if you know of any other sites like this that are either better or cheaper or both please feel free to fill me in. Thanks in advance for any good advice offered.

Old
Wed Mar 30, 2011, 12:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Or add that money to your Bankroll, watch the Live Training Sessions here for free, Post in the live training forum about topics you'd like to see covered and learn for free.

Study Hard - Play Hard - Win Hard

Old
Wed Mar 30, 2011, 12:28 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0o0AcEo0o0 View Post
I had my mind made up that I was going to purchase negreanus vt site for the $129 and no montly fee for 3 months, however, after browing on the 2+2 forums I came across a site called tournamentpokeredge.com. Now I cannot seem to make my mind up.

TournamentEdge.com only deals with MTTs and SNGs, but has some other cool features where you can go into chat and post a hand and get instant feed back on it by the pros in the site. I think it consists of like 5 pros.

Negreanus site has training modules and actual courses that I can learn many other areas of poker. For example, I struggle with math and his site has a complete set of modules to help me inprove my math.

I guess I am just looking for any suggustions on to what you guys think I should do. Also, if you know of any other sites like this that are either better or cheaper or both please feel free to fill me in. Thanks in advance for any good advice offered.
First, there are lots of free info on the net, just do a search on item you want to learn and visit the sites.
These are the ones I've used and still using, sure there's plenty more

Where to learn for free:
Right here at PSO Videos, reading and Live training
** Link Deleted ** Lots of videos
** Link Deleted ** Videos and reading

Where to learn not for free $$
** Link Deleted ** Videos and exams (yearly $$ is cheaper than monthly)

Before spending money, start right here at PSO
Than search for terms on the net, ex:
Position playing poker, many sites will pop up, start reading
Bankroll management, again plenty of sites will turn up, keep on reading
Once you've done all that, use the Academies and then pay sites

Hope this helps

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Unallowed inks deleted

Old
Wed Mar 30, 2011, 01:11 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Haha wow this is a super old thread, but thank you guys for the advice. However, I did end up spending like $147 on PokerVT. But that is okay because I have already made almost $500 since then. Dunno if it is because of the site or not, but I am just happy that I am finally becoming a winning player.

I do know that PSO has helped a ton in my learning process. This is a great place to learn and I reccomend it to anybody that shows any interest in poker and wants to start improving their game. Sand ... your threads got deleted, do you think you could pm me the links?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com