Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

24 hour chat ban

Old
24 hour chat ban - Wed Feb 09, 2011, 10:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
WhiteStar
i recieved a 24 hour chat ban for saying "sieg heil" to a german after he told me to go **** my mother.

why did he not get a ban??????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

Old
Wed Feb 09, 2011, 11:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
1) He might have gotten a ban.

2) You might have a more extensive history of typing off.

3) I'm guessing you broke more than one rule in that post (I don't speak German). Perhaps multiple infractions do the trick when it comes to getting bans.

4) I might like cheesecake so much that we should change this thread to "PSO's Cheesecake Thread."

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 02:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
i just got a 1 week ban for calling someone a donkey a** b****

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 02:34 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
u guys make my 3hour ban the other day look weak lol

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#5)
When you all get to yer 4th 30 day ban then you can complain now STFU

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 02:56 PM
(#6)
.. you kill me silent bob!

Hey bubba, welcome to the forum!
The other player likely got a chat ban too.
Lately, they have been getting more stict on the chat, so be a lil' careful.

Will be sending you a pm.
Best o' luck!

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 06:17 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn80 View Post
Mrs says that is spoken like a true , experienced mouth.

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 07:19 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojim11247 View Post
Mrs says that is spoken like a true , experienced mouth.
Yer right Jim,and if anybody knows its the Mrs.

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 08:09 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
dam brkn, thanks for the laugh man..wow..i guess my 24hr ban wasn't sheet..

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 08:14 PM
(#10)
Deleted user

Last edited by deleted_username; Fri Feb 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM..

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 12:57 PM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubba1101 View Post
i recieved a 24 hour chat ban for saying "sieg heil" to a german after he told me to go **** my mother.

why did he not get a ban??????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

Simple!!!!
You were told to go **** your mother in English.
You replied sieg heil which is German.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some bigwig at PS
Non-English chat: We are aware that our players are from around the world, and that for many of them English is not their first language. However, at this time our policy on most tables is that English is the only language allowed to be used in PokerStars chat. On a small number of tables and in a small number of regional tournaments, chat may be allowed in a particular language and in English. These tables and tournaments will be clearly labeled. If you are not comfortable with non-English chat, please do not join these tables or tournaments.

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 02:06 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Just got off my 1st 30 day chat ban i gotta agree with brkn. STFU! Wow I feel much better now.

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 04:50 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deleted_username View Post
but, he could still blink

1 for yes
2 for no

unforgettable
Quote:
haha that was unforgettable, he could only respond to yes or no questions and he said hi by the "multi-blink"

Old
Wink
Tariq06 - Sat Feb 12, 2011, 08:36 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
'could hardly believe that you would ever swear on a table....you're so nice, and that's not sarcasm.

AND KRUNKSTAR, really.....you would swear? lol

I haven't been here long, but I know and feel the frustration of incredibly bad beats, magicial hands on the fingers of idiots. I try to plot revenge, posting my comments under notes as my red crayon wears down to a niblet. Better that then make myself suffer public flagellation. GL to you, see you on the top side.

Last edited by TRUCKRAT411; Sat Feb 12, 2011 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: addtional comment added to original post

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 04:04 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Well, in this instance you actually would have been breaking the law if you were in Germany, as **** salutes, the use of Sieg heil or a heil ****** either written or spoken are in fact criminal acts and can be punisable with up to three years in prison, due to the impled anti-semetic nature of the greetings. Exception to the law include using the stance or the words in there original context for the purpose of teaching history or discussing the political climate of the time and the slightly more ambiguos usage that is "ironic and clearly critical of the ****** Greeting". Whilst you probably believed that you were being ironic, I would infact say that due to the fact that this was used in a heated debate is was actually cited as a term of offence.

I do accept ignorance of this law as an excuse in this case and I do not believe that your intent was in any way anti-semetic and I am sure that you were not accusing the man of genocide,

I hope you find this post to be informative and in no way abusive to yourself. With regards to his words with reference to your mother. I hope that he too was administered at least a 24 hour chat ban, and in this instance I am pretty sure he would have been.

Good luck

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 11:08 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaaero View Post
well, in this instance you actually would have been breaking the law if you were in germany, as **** salutes, the use of sieg heil or a heil ****** either written or spoken are in fact criminal acts and can be punisable with up to three years in prison, due to the impled anti-semetic nature of the greetings. Exception to the law include using the stance or the words in there original context for the purpose of teaching history or discussing the political climate of the time and the slightly more ambiguos usage that is "ironic and clearly critical of the ****** greeting". Whilst you probably believed that you were being ironic, i would infact say that due to the fact that this was used in a heated debate is was actually cited as a term of offence.

I do accept ignorance of this law as an excuse in this case and i do not believe that your intent was in any way anti-semetic and i am sure that you were not accusing the man of genocide,

i hope you find this post to be informative and in no way abusive to yourself. With regards to his words with reference to your mother. I hope that he too was administered at least a 24 hour chat ban, and in this instance i am pretty sure he would have been.

Good luck

for real

Old
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 09:08 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
This is indeed for real

Old
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 01:03 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
for real
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAero View Post
This is indeed for real
I await your next syllables with great anticipation...

Im just saying...

Old
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 10:48 AM
(#19)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz864 View Post
I await your next syllables with great anticipation...

Im just saying...
well that sounds results oriented to me

you were sayin'?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com