Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

We need your feedback Please post

Old
We need your feedback Please post - Thu Feb 10, 2011, 08:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
Hi everyone. We have been asked to gather feedback and suggestions from our members for the PokerStars Home Games. Please make your posts in this thread. The Home Games feature is still in Beta mode and at this point it is possible for suggestions to be considered.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Last edited by TOO2COO; Mon Jan 07, 2013 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: Up Dating

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 09:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I would like to see 10 cent tourneys for home games. Also I would like to be able to send an ingame message to all people in the club from the home games menu.

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 10:05 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
as i understand that the homegames are a service being provided by pokerstars i would like to suggest a way to have lower buy-ins and still allow PS to collect what they need

i would like to see something like this

regular tournaments
10+2
25+5
50+5

knockout tournaments
15+5+5
25+10+5
50+15+10

i would also like to see the ability to chose weekly and monthly games where as we can set them up once and then are automaticly generated

the ability to add on cash and chip prizes along with bounties

i would like to have a bulliten board where i can post news, updates and pose questions for members to leave feedback on

i would like to have more than one play chip ring table at a time

the ability to chose colors for text in the chat box

i believe that's all i can wish for at the moment
i would like to add that the home game feature is wonderful addition to pokerstars and that all of my members have been enjoying themselves

thank you
jason

Old
cool - Thu Feb 10, 2011, 10:32 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
it would be great if members could see the members list of players in the club, not just the team manager,

Just would like to say how much l love the home games, never had so much fun playing online poker,

cheers
effsea

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 10:35 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Allow the participants to re-run the games with hole cards showing for a week after the game if all those taking part agree.

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 10:36 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
I would definitely like to see the ability to do smaller buy-in tourneys. I have a lot of people in my Home Game trying to build a bankroll and even a $.50 or $.25 buy-in would be great.

I would also agree that a way to make a tournament a regular event would be good. That way you can post the tournament, and check a box that would say something like "Make Weekly Event".

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 11:38 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
it would be great if members could see the members list of players in the club, not just the team manager,

Just would like to say how much l love the home games, never had so much fun playing online poker,

cheers
effsea
you can after they play their 1st league tourney

hiccup

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 12:58 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I would like more of an explanation for the league function. It seems the site allows the home games to collect data and rank players, which is good. Since I am not a home game manager, it is possible these items are already covered. What I would like seeing is:

1 --- Scoring system explained.
This need not be a long-winded thing, but a quick primer for those interested via a link on the ranking page.

2 --- Resetting.
There needs to be a way of restarting the league's scoring system. This could either be done by number of games scheduled, or by date.

3 --- Historical data.
If there is a league, there should be a way to see what happened in the prior season. However, to conserve computer space, only the one prior season could be seen.

4 --- Bulletine board.
This should be a one-page listing for the manager to post important items.

5 --- Scheduling.
There should be a means of entering multiple dates for the home games, such as every Xday at a specific time.

6 --- Non-league games.
Managers should have the ability to designate certain games as not part of the usual season and the results of such games would be ignored by the system for points.

7 --- Special prizes.
Give the leagues the option of an additional fee for seasonal prizes. I'm thinking of a prize structure for the league's standings that would pay those players who excell, such as is done in the PSO. Like the usual game fees, these would be subject to a set fee, such as 10-cents per player, regardless of the money, with a maximum set at $5.00.

8 --- Prize limitations.
By this I mean a way of limiting the number of winners paid regardless of the number who enter a tournament. This would need to be designated as an either/or payout. "Prizes will be assigned based on the number of players, but shall not exceed 9 winners." So a tournament with 27 players would have seven paid, but if a tournament has fifty players, it could be limited to the maximum allowed of 9.

9 --- Variable league structures.
Players standings would be based on a set number regardless of games played. For example, the league could have thirty games scheduled in a month, but just the top ten finishes will be used to determine standings.

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 01:47 PM
(#9)
Since: May 2010
Maybe have some bigger cash games?

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 02:49 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
I would like to see, other than North Americans allowed to participate in the Play With The Pros promotion.

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 05:36 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBoyGold View Post
...... for home games. Also I would like to be able to send an ingame message to all people in the club from the home games menu.
+1.. great idea!

Quote:

cheers
effsea
You can, and you don't have to have played any. It's in the club home tab in your club lobby eff. I see everyone in your club and I haven't played yet this month.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Sat Feb 12, 2011 at 04:30 PM..

Old
home - Sat Feb 12, 2011, 03:01 PM
(#12)
Since: Dec 2010
WhiteStar
homes games are cool

Old
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 07:29 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnnancy View Post
I would definitely like to see the ability to do smaller buy-in tourneys. I have a lot of people in my Home Game trying to build a bankroll and even a $.50 or $.25 buy-in would be great.

I would also agree that a way to make a tournament a regular event would be good. That way you can post the tournament, and check a box that would say something like "Make Weekly Event".
i like these two ideas. i too have players in my home game who would enjoy playing at lower stakes but still play for real money. i realize that PS needs to make money from the games, but even .25¢ + 0.02¢ would make a little more than a play money game!
and certainly making up a repeating tourney for every Sunday (or what ever) would sure be nice.

Quote:

cheers
effsea
me too, it's fun and i've even tried to win that Pro at your game thing..
i wasn't successful, but it was exciting!

i also wish that when there were 4 - 5 players i could opt to pay the top two places rather than winner take all.
it just helps spread the wealth a little.

and one more thing - making a way to contact the members for an upcoming tourney or a last minute reminder.
since we can only PM 5 at a time.. my homegame group takes 6 separate messages to reach everyone. i can't imagine how difficult it is for a realy large home game group!

Last edited by blindmice123; Sun Feb 13, 2011 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: thought of one more thing...

Old
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 07:48 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBoyGold View Post
I would like to see 10 cent tourneys for home games.

Dawn

Old
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 01:59 PM
(#15)
Staff, they have changed the set up window for creating a tourney. Now with the addition of the notes section, the window has increased in size. On my lil' netbook, I can no longer see the submit box at the bottom of the page. Is there any way to make this window a scrollable one? Or maybe make the notes section a little smaller? The window is not adjustable so there is nothing I can do.
I appreciate any help here.

Old
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 02:35 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Staff, they have changed the set up window for creating a tourney. Now with the addition of the notes section, the window has increased in size. On my lil' netbook, I can no longer see the submit box at the bottom of the page. Is there any way to make this window a scrollable one? Or maybe make the notes section a little smaller? The window is not adjustable so there is nothing I can do.
I appreciate any help here.
hey dan i ran into the same problem
i had to right click the desktop
then click properties / settings
and move the slider over to make all screens smaller
hope that helps

ps the club has to play a tourney. this doesn't mean you had to be in it but it has to be played in order to see the members otherwise it has a message that it will be displayed after the 1st game is played

Old
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#17)
i'd like 10 seat max for all ring game tables

Old
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 02:45 PM
(#18)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
I would like to see, other than North Americans allowed to participate in the Play With The Pros promotion.
Good point Bill

At least we get a freeroll against 8,000+ opponents though eh

Old
Chat rooms - Mon Feb 14, 2011, 04:11 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2011
A feature I would like to see in home games is a chat room facility in the lobby , this way we can discuss what tourney to set up other than doing a conference call to members to discuss. This could be linked so that players who are in a tourney have that function disabled. Not sure how hard it is to set up but i think it would be a great feature.

One other point is there a way to show what the rake will be for each pot in the cash games. I was surprised to find we started with 9$ total on the table but ended with 7.40$ in total on the table once cash game was over was over.

Love the idea of the home game and hope it continues to grow in popularity.

Keep up the good work

Old
Thu Feb 17, 2011, 02:15 PM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Somebody mentioned it before, but I'll say it again, tournament templates, for those that run games everynight and don't want to forget the break or adjust the blind timing, ect.
Club Lobby chat area would be great.
Ability to disable late registration so it doesn't do weird table shuffles/splits the first 10 mins if you only have enough people to fill one table.
Club prizepool that members can contribute to (maybe kept in T$) that administrators can distribute as bounties or ladder awards ect, via the club lobby interface.
Smaller buyin tournaments/rebuy tournies, $0.50+.05 maybe even $0.10+.01
Customizable blind structure, this one is admittedly ambitious, so maybe just let us pick a different level to start at, e.g. start the blinds at level 3 and move up from there.
Customizable starting stack sizes.

My $0.02
Mup

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com