Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Why after 3 months

Old
Default
Why after 3 months - Thu Feb 10, 2011, 10:32 AM
(#1)
AlphaAero's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 389
BronzeStar
Why, now starting my fourth month am I still surprised that somebody will call a 4BB raise with a 5 and a 3 or a Q and a 6 or any other unfeasible combination.

I know this thread has been done to death. But these people will then give an explanation as to why they play those combinations of hands. Yes I know we see it on the television. But the level of though that goes in to this there is immense, The justifications given here are just ridiculous, "well the blinds are small at the moment" or my personal favourite,'"I figured you didn't have a made hand!" even though they will then call the continuation bet on the flop With AT3 out there (when I've hit the A) and call the 9 on the turn" AND THEN ONLY FLAT CALL THE 5 ON THE RIVER.

The rub downs after are a joke. These guys think they are good. Saying, yeah, well I was ITM last night. 1 ITM, Well done. Well done. AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhh
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 10:45 AM
(#2)
donksrule001's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
i take it u just got knocked out lol
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 10:58 AM
(#3)
hobojim11247's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,388
BronzeStar
There is no better table than one filled with players who think their lucky suck outs makes them good. Yum yum, I like fish.
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 11:00 AM
(#4)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,833
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojim11247 View Post
There is no better table than one filled with players who think their lucky suck outs makes them good. Yum yum, I like fish.
Jim, I like them too... cue up the Jaws theme because you can use them as a chip ATM
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 11:07 AM
(#5)
AlphaAero's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 389
BronzeStar
Don't get me wrong, I know they are there to make me rich, and if that was a cash table I would immediately be rebuying full what and topping up my account to rebuy again if needed. I would then spend the day following the guy from table to table.
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 12:31 PM
(#6)
Poncho Bowie's Avatar
Since: May 2010
Posts: 1,610
BronzeStar
they call your 4bb bet becouse they had planned on going all in and you made it cheap for them.
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 12:48 PM
(#7)
Spindrift4's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 46
BronzeStar
Tottally know were your coming from, i get tired of fold , fold, fold, for 20, 30, mins. then get my KK or what ever just to be knocked-out by 4 6 off, get so mad broke my laptop screen, threw my mouse at the wall, scared the dog, she jumps, gets caught in wires laptop falls screen shattered lol [NOT] ya lov my poker! may need a break [parden the pun] take care Late Spin
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 12:56 PM
(#8)
jacob&misty's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 47
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindrift4 View Post
Tottally know were your coming from, i get tired of fold , fold, fold, for 20, 30, mins. then get my KK or what ever just to be knocked-out by 4 6 off, get so mad broke my laptop screen, threw my mouse at the wall, scared the dog, she jumps, gets caught in wires laptop falls screen shattered lol [NOT] ya lov my poker! may need a break [parden the pun] take care Late Spin
Well for you mabe live will be chepper buying a new computer will cost alot every bad beat LOL that is funny
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 01:55 PM
(#9)
donksrule001's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 247
BronzeStar
or throw the dog next time
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 02:59 PM
(#10)
p8ball jim's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 23
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAero View Post
Why, now starting my fourth month am I still surprised that somebody will call a 4BB raise with a 5 and a 3 or a Q and a 6 or any other unfeasible combination.

I know this thread has been done to death. But these people will then give an explanation as to why they play those combinations of hands. Yes I know we see it on the television. But the level of though that goes in to this there is immense, The justifications given here are just ridiculous, "well the blinds are small at the moment" or my personal favourite,'"I figured you didn't have a made hand!" even though they will then call the continuation bet on the flop With AT3 out there (when I've hit the A) and call the 9 on the turn" AND THEN ONLY FLAT CALL THE 5 ON THE RIVER.

The rub downs after are a joke. These guys think they are good. Saying, yeah, well I was ITM last night. 1 ITM, Well done. Well done. AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhh

How about this one - happened to me on Tuesday:
Me: BB with KK
UTG: calls BB (ratings for past two months have him as a bottom feeder)
comes around to me and I raise 4xBB
he comes over the top and goes all in. I know his style, and I know he has crap...I go all in for a quick double up.
He has Q2 off suit...you know the rest. Flop: Q-2-2
Have a nice day donkey grrrr - negative points again

Last edited by p8ball jim; Thu Feb 10, 2011 at 03:02 PM..
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 03:33 PM
(#11)
Ace King 61's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 421
BronzeStar
Ok this happened to me this morning. 50/100 blinds...UTG raises to 300...I am in hi-jack with AA and re raise to 500...he calls...flop comes 3 diamonds...I raise he calls....turn...he checks and I check...river he raises and I call.....he had A5 off with a diamond. This guy is in the top 500 too. Bad play rewarded again. Knew that he probably made the flush but was already too far in to fold.
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 05:17 PM
(#12)
oriholic's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 751
BronzeStar
Bad beat, yes. Bad play? I don't know...he has to call 200 to win 950. That's 4.5 to 1 odds. If you can have anything but AA he's got good odds here. If he's a top player your reraise WILL get respect! It just has to be a lot bigger than that. How much does an extra 200 hurt his stack?

Also, some thoughts:

You've given him an opportunity to defend his raise for cheap. It's kind of like defending your blind to a cheap steal. If it's that cheap, even if it's -EV for the current hand, it can be very helpful for a future hand. If you fold every time you get 3-bet, someone's going to 3-bet you every time, so you have to call sometimes. Just like if you fold your BB every time it's raised, you're going to get raised every time. It sounds to me like he might be a strong player.

Also, he doesn't have to hit to beat you. He might be able to outplay you after the flop. He doesn't know for sure that you have aces.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 05:59 AM
(#13)
KOingDonks's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAero View Post
Why, now starting my fourth month am I still surprised that somebody will call a 4BB raise with a 5 and a 3 or a Q and a 6 or any other unfeasible combination.

I know this thread has been done to death. But these people will then give an explanation as to why they play those combinations of hands. Yes I know we see it on the television. But the level of though that goes in to this there is immense, The justifications given here are just ridiculous, "well the blinds are small at the moment" or my personal favourite,'"I figured you didn't have a made hand!" even though they will then call the continuation bet on the flop With AT3 out there (when I've hit the A) and call the 9 on the turn" AND THEN ONLY FLAT CALL THE 5 ON THE RIVER.

The rub downs after are a joke. These guys think they are good. Saying, yeah, well I was ITM last night. 1 ITM, Well done. Well done. AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhh
Thats why i made a post on points must have system to play PSO Skill, as in WARM UP!
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com