Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Double or Nothing's

Old
Double or Nothing's - Thu Feb 10, 2011, 07:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Hey all. What is your opinion of them getting rid of the Double or nothings in place of the new fifty 50s???

Personally I like the DON's I play the odd one and try and win to use it for an entry into a tourney or something... To long to try and grind them for a good profit. I have played a couple of the 50/50s came 2nd in one for a $2.20 profit after rake. But its so hard if you just make the 5th spot... Personally I would like them to start up some 25c and or 50c one table sngs... the Multi table sngs pay good but the % of cashing is lower.

Just like to hear peoples thoughts on this..

Thanks GL to all.

Drew300

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 09:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
the originals are better.... and I've grinded thru a few hundred of them. They're a good way to accumulate vpp's.

The new ones don't give you as many vpp's and also, if you're not in the top 2 or maybe 3 in them.... you're not getting as much $$ out of them.

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 09:13 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
The 50/50's are much better, IMHO. I have played about 50, and placed in better then 3/4 of them. That is better than I was getting with DON's. The play level in 50/50 seems much softer.

I have also been playing the 5050 turbos. They have a smaller tourney fee, get over in 30-45 min, and seem to be pretty easy to get from 1500 to 2500 chips early on. At that point, it is sit and wait for hands, and flops that hit time, and picking off blinds from the mice. Biggest thing, is to build AND protect a stack.

It has been pretty rare to not make more than buy in back (over buy in and tourney fee).

I also do not smell the collusion in the 50/50 (yet). I am sure it will come with time. The DON's seem full of it (at the $5 and $10 level where i play).

DON's and 5050 DON's are different games from each other, and from pretty much any other SnG. Each takes learning and adapting to a different playing style. Even within themselves, there are significant differences between the turbo and non-turbo's (or even different buy in levels). Pick one that you feel comfortable in, dig in a LEARN how to win in THAT game. Also, if things change (influx of new stronger players, signs of collusion type play, or hell if simply too many lucky Russian shove monkeys show up), then look for a softer game.

H.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com