No It shouldn't 8 32.00%
It should be about1725 3 12.00%
You just don't care 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old
PSO League/Warm Up Games - Thu Feb 10, 2011, 07:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hello All, I don't often post on here so with that being said (This is just my Own Suggestion+I've spoken to many Players in the warm Up games, so this Doesn't just come from only I)..

Now I personally am Grateful for the PSO league+the Warm Up games they also hold for Making 1525 the prior month, so I mean no offense when I ask this question...

Why wont the Pso Requirement for the warm up games/ sattys be hiked up? I post this question because, isn't the point of the pso to actually teach/help/give hope to those that want to learn/gain something for little/nothing? Now If that's the point of the PSO (Which I really thought it was), then this would be a start correct?

Look not to criticize the PSO league or anything, 1300+Players for $2.40+Points Excellent Idea really...Now on top of this the PSO Staff went out of there way to add an Incentive to boot (Score 1525 per month and you get entry in the PSO warm up), also an Excellent Idea, yet there's just one problem 1525 is for starters an Easy score to make since we all start with 1500 points, B) Not much of a challenge is it?

Now this also has side effects the Quality of play in the Warm up games also Decreases because of these low point levels, because you still get Many bad players in these games, Donking/Getting lucky against you....I'm not saying luck isn't part of the game, but for crying out loud when AK is up against a Big stack for w/e reason just decided to Auto Shove UTG with J4o or K9o or Q3s then this doesn't qualify as poker now does it? This qualifies more in the Line of Luck/Bingo, what-ever you choose to call it...

The next problem is this the more players find out about the PSO league, the more donks will want to enter, the more donks enter the more players that also enter the PSO warm-up which then resembles the Hubbles Free-Roll games, which have up to 10k and purely Donks in them...

So I'm wondering if the PSO would not really think about changing there stance on the 1525 to something down the lines of 1650, and rather then just 5 games, it would also be a minimum of 10 games?

If the PSO doesn't want to change it, then can I just ask how come?

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 07:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
This promo ends in a little more than 4 weeks...March 13th...so there's no need to change it.

BULLS

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 08:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Not sure what the reasoning is for wanting to change the warm up requirements.

First off, the Warm Up Promo is ending in a few weeks, so there's no reason to change it.

Second, less than 1/3 of all players actually qualify for the promo. When you consider out of 15,000 players, not even 1/3 can reach 1525 points, that's pretty sad.

On top of that, only between 10-20% of the eligible players sign up for any one Warm Up.

There wasn't much I liked about the Warm Up promotion, but the one thing I believe the PSO did get right, after looking back at monthly leaderboards, was the 1525 qualifying score.

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 09:58 PM
(#4)
I know the Promo it self ends in March, but what about the actual warm up games? Wont those still continue, because I actually liked those games, I just don't like the donk fest involved in them..

I truly hope they don't end the warm up games to the million at all

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 10:32 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdi122 View Post
I know the Promo it self ends in March, but what about the actual warm up games? Wont those still continue, because I actually liked those games, I just don't like the donk fest involved in them..

I truly hope they don't end the warm up games to the million at all
Really?????

Does this really need to be explained to you?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Warm Up satellites only exist because of this Sunday Million promotion. What does common sense tell you will happen when the promotion is over?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 11:16 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
Really?????

Does this really need to be explained to you?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Warm Up satellites only exist because of this Sunday Million promotion. What does common sense tell you will happen when the promotion is over?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I understood the promotion it self, was just being Optimistic was all, wishful thinking ok

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 01:59 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Tell you what I do think should happen....make a minimum score for the PSO Monthly tourneys. If you don't compete in the league then you shouldn't be allowed in the monthly. Make that a minimum of 1600 or better and that would be a move in the right direction.

Old
Monthly 1K - Fri Feb 11, 2011, 04:06 PM
(#8)
This isn't a freeroll, you have to buy in, so I can't see PSO wanting to restrict the number of players. If you want to play better players, try the $1.10 buy in with 3 seats added. You have a better chance anyway.

Good luck!!

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 08:41 PM
(#9)
I got a ticket in this last night Joy. I decided to go look through the lobby for the 1K at the end of the month. I only saw about 4 names that I recognized.
Why aren't you all playing this, or are you and cashing out the ticket? I have only done this 1.10 saty 3 times and made it to the ticket twice. Why am I telling you people this? I cashed out because I don't think playing an eleven dollar tourney is good br mgmt for me.
Seriously, this is somewhat soft imo, and everyone should be taking a crack at these.

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 08:59 PM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I won won of these PSO warmups the other night along with six other lucky souls. What is this tourney for? Is it to feel warmed up? Is it for the bragging rights and said ticket?
Raising the requirements just seems evil as there are many players that are decent but tend to get rivered an awful lot.

Old
Pso 1k - Fri Feb 11, 2011, 09:04 PM
(#11)
dan, I cashed out a half dozen of these last month, and I know I'm not the only one. Once you qualify for the 1K tourney, you get $11.00 for every cash in t-money. This works for me, it gives me money to enter tourneys without impacting my cash.

They're a cash cow for the good players in the league. The buy-in tends to keep out the real bingo players, its a really good tourney.

I'll shut up now, I think I said too much already.

Good luck!!

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 05:41 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
dan, I cashed out a half dozen of these last month, and I know I'm not the only one. Once you qualify for the 1K tourney, you get $11.00 for every cash in t-money. This works for me, it gives me money to enter tourneys without impacting my cash.

They're a cash cow for the good players in the league. The buy-in tends to keep out the real bingo players, its a really good tourney.

I'll shut up now, I think I said too much already.

Good luck!!
Just curious what are the requirements to enter this tourney?

Old
, - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 07:16 PM
(#13)
You just need to be a PSO member and pay your entry. There are several every day with a .55 buy in and one at 8pm CST that has a 1.10 buy in. The entry that you win is worth 11.00, you can un-register and get 11.00 in tournament dollars, good for entry into any tourney.

Good luck!!

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 07:20 PM
(#14)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdi122 View Post
Just curious what are the requirements to enter this tourney?
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...rStars-Package

BULLS

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 11:32 AM
(#15)
Ty all for helping me with that

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com