Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Holdem Manager session question

Old
Holdem Manager session question - Thu Feb 10, 2011, 11:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Mucho food for thought in that session. Thanks Dave.

I followed the presentation with my own HEM running and was able to duplicate what you were doing except that I noticed (slide 27 or so) while viewing [CASH GAMES/Preflop Cards] your display showed numbers in the grid-boxes with the hands:

AA AKs ........
nn nn

AKo
nn

and mine doesn't (no nn). Why?

--
JoBaloo

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 12:38 AM
(#2)
(Head Trainer)
the nn below the hole cards was a %, the number of times you hold that particular holding for the selected criteria (quick filter). For example here's a snapsot:

Here the hands that I held are shown with the % of times I held them. Hands I never held for the selected filter criteria like J8o or Q8s don't have a %.

If none of your hands show with a %, that means you have no starting hands for whatever filter criteria you've got set. Check your date filter (if it says "Today" and you haven't played yet today, that would explain it).

Dave

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 08:45 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Nope. I think it may be a config problem. HEM squashes some of its info even tho there's plenty of room. Here's a shot from [Tourney Results Filters] which shows it more clearly. Note how the bar graph is positioned too high and is cutting off info, plus the way "Change" is squashed.

--
JoBaloo

Last edited by JoBaloo; Fri Feb 11, 2011 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: image problem

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 09:03 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Darn, I missed it! Please tell me this was recorded?

Dawn

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 07:05 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
It was after putzing around with Dave's answer that I associated the problem with my other HEM display problem and I posted in the HEM forum AND received a reply in a few hours. Turns out it had to do with my Windoze Vista dpi settings.

Thought I'd post the end of this story here, for HEM users to know how useful their forums can be.

--
JoBaloo

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 12:21 AM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBaloo View Post
It was after putzing around with Dave's answer that I associated the problem with my other HEM display problem and I posted in the HEM forum AND received a reply in a few hours. Turns out it had to do with my Windoze Vista dpi settings.

Thought I'd post the end of this story here, for HEM users to know how useful their forums can be.

--
JoBaloo
Great, glad to hear it. I have never encountered that problem so I was going to direct you to their forum actually.

Dave

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 12:22 AM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewski68 View Post
Darn, I missed it! Please tell me this was recorded?

Dawn
Hi Dawn,

There was a recorder present. Assuming no glitches with the recording, I believe it will be posted in the video library.

Dave

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 07:58 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
great, i missed it too. I have been running the trial HM for 2 days now. Any idea if the trial version had any differences from the full version?

Thanks,

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 08:34 PM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
I doubt it, but idk tbh, it's been so long since my free trial. I think it's fully functionaly though.

Old
graph - Mon Feb 14, 2011, 04:06 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
I'm not sure if Dave showed us a graph during the HUD session (yes, I have kidneys too) but it might answer some questions about winning/losing streaks and bankroll management to see his graph on the selected DB he was using there.

--
JoBaloo

Old
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 10:49 PM
(#11)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
I'm not sure if Dave showed us a graph during the HUD session (yes, I have kidneys too) but it might answer some questions about winning/losing streaks and bankroll management to see his graph on the selected DB he was using there.

--
JoBaloo
I didn't show the graph during training, but I'll post it here. The DB I used was filtered specifically to 50nl 6 max for last year (filtered to 4-6 players so games that went shorter were not included), so it won't really speak to br management, but it does show some ups and downs i.e. winning and losing streaks.

Dave

Edit: Imageshack is down, I'll post it later.

Last edited by TheLangolier; Mon Feb 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM..

Old
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 11:02 PM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)

It's back up... here is the graph for the DB I used during the HEM training session. It does speak a bit to streaks... Notice I started out hot then got killed for a while. At 13,666 hands I was in the hole -$77.55. From there it was a nice progression upwards over all, but were still some dips along the way... like from 38.4K hands to 41.6K, over that 3200 hand stretch I lost $400, then suddenly took a huge spike up winning it all back plus some change over the next 1000 hands (heater!!!).

Dave

Old
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 11:27 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Thanks. Might be interesting to see dates, looking for weekly cycles perhaps, correlations with who knows what? Some of those spikes and troughs look like they could be appearing at regular intervals.

--
JoBaloo

Old
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 12:32 AM
(#14)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Thanks. Might be interesting to see dates, looking for weekly cycles perhaps, correlations with who knows what? Some of those spikes and troughs look like they could be appearing at regular intervals.

--
JoBaloo
Wednesday and Thursday were the worst days of the week, while not surprisingly, Friday and Saturday were easily the best. You can't really see that from the date graph, but you can run the cash game report, Time - Weekly. Sample sizes are small breaking it down that way though... 5K-10K hands on any given day.

Old
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 08:43 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Wednesday and Thursday were the worst days of the week, while not surprisingly, Friday and Saturday were easily the best. You can't really see that from the date graph, but you can run the cash game report, Time - Weekly. Sample sizes are small breaking it down that way though... 5K-10K hands on any given day.
So what makes those days different for you? Why "not surprisingly"? I realize it's just conjecture and there may be no correlation at all.

Old
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 12:47 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi Dawn,

There was a recorder present. Assuming no glitches with the recording, I believe it will be posted in the video library.

Dave
Great! Can't wait to see it posted. Thanks, Dan!

Old
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 02:49 PM
(#17)
(Head Trainer)
I say "not surprisingly" regarding Friday and Saturday, because Fri & Sat (night US time) the games are usually very good. Lots of weekend warriors hit the tables, more people drinking/partying, etc. Wednesdays probably much more saturated with regs, the games are likely tougher because of it. It's possible there are other personal factors too, but those are the external ones.

@ Dawn, you can call me Dave

Old
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 03:52 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Sorry about that, Dave. Must watch my typing before I've had my first full cup of tea. LOL

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com