Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Anybody ever done a cashout?

Old
Anybody ever done a cashout? - Fri Feb 11, 2011, 04:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I am thinking of cashing out some of my winnings from the Sunday Million tourney. How long does it take to get your check? And if you cash out, does that stop you from collecting on any more of your sign-up bonus? I would cash out more than I put in as my initial deposit. I think I can still get about $250 from my sign-up bonus, and I'd hate to blow that just by cashing out some dough.

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 05:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
It doesn't take too long to get a check. The bigger the check the longer it takes I would assume. If it is $1000+ I'm betting it might take a bit longer. Probably about a full business week for lesser amounts. Getting checks from Pokerstars is strange. I got one last year it was from a bank in California but it was mailed from Ontario Canada with handwritten address and a stamp on the envelope.

One time I never got the check. A while later, I forget how long, Pokerstars emails me and informs me that the bank processing the cashouts had its assets frozen by the federal government. They put my money back onto my account + $20 which was fine with me! Tried to cashout again had no problems the second time.

The cashouts I've made were on the petty side so I can't really comment about this, but if your cashing out a substantial amount of money from your sunday million winnings you might want to look into any tax concerns.

I think it might mess up your sign up bonus, definitely read the fine print about that and I would recommend emailing pokerstars support before you do the cashout.

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 05:49 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
They normally take a week , week and a half give or take to arrive. The envelope won't be marked with pokerstars, very plain so check em all I don't know how it effects your bonus, sorry.

Old
Wink
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 07:34 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Thanks, fellas. I think I will hold on for a while until I am through with the bonuses.

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 08:13 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the forum teepak. If you're in the us, the check may be delivered by DHL..mine was.
You will get an email after you do the cashout that will say how long it might take. I think it was like 7 to 10 days.
I'm not sure on clearing the deposit issue.
Congrats on the cashout man and best o' luck!
Dan

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 08:25 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Cash out? It's possible to get money back from the site?

Let me know if you need advice on how to deposit.

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 10:20 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Congrats on cashing in the Sunday Mil.

I am in the US, have cashed out 2 times in the last 3 months.
Each time I requested on Sunday or Monday and both times it arrived via DHL Courier before the week was over.
1 was for over $1000 and 1 was under.
It took the same amount of time both times.
As for signup bonus, I have never deposited so I can't say there.

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 11:30 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
Haven't cashed out more than $300 on here, but I'm in Canada, and I use InstaDebit, the cashout is super quick, within hours on a weekday.

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 09:16 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
wow, u guys cash out? BALLAS

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com