Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Has there been a Problem with scoring?

Old
Has there been a Problem with scoring? - Fri Feb 11, 2011, 11:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I was looking at the league leaders and noticed a new player...Name SpaceHiker. He is currently ranked 9th with 1836.13 points. I looked at his performance and has done well. I noticed Two tournements in question on 2/10/11(17:30 and 15:00) that he or she played in. One of them they finished in 34th and the other they finished in 54th positions. Well within the money standing but they were only awarded 18 points! Usually for a strong finish players are awarded around 40 points! Was there a computer mistake made for this player? Was just curious...

Old
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 11:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfHunterII View Post
I was looking at the league leaders and noticed a new player...Name SpaceHiker. He is currently ranked 9th with 1836.13 points. I looked at his performance and has done well. I noticed Two tournements in question on 2/10/11(17:30 and 15:00) that he or she played in. One of them they finished in 34th and the other they finished in 54th positions. Well within the money standing but they were only awarded 18 points! Usually for a strong finish players are awarded around 40 points! Was there a computer mistake made for this player? Was just curious...
THE MORE POINTS YOU HAVE THE LESS POINTS YOU GET FOR THE SAME FINISH

READ THE SCORING PAGE

GOOD LUCK

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 12:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey surf, welcome to the forum. Space hiker is into the "throttle" points. I believe it starts at 1670, going in 20 pt. increments, it ends at 1870. Like Dennis said, the more you have, the less you get. Conversely, the more you have, the more you can lose too.
Every throttle you reach gets you less and less for doing well, and you lose more for poor performances. I don't think this info is on the scoring page, but pso-staff presented us with it a while ago. 18 sounds about right for scores in the 1830's.
Hope this helps, and best o' luck!

ps.. be careful where you post a thread, or it may not be where you left it. A mod will likely be moving this to beginners questions, or pso skill league, or maybe general forum.

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 02:53 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Factor #3: Your Skill Rating Prior to the Tournament
The Skill Rating is designed so that a player with a higher skill rating who performs poorly will see a slightly larger decrease in their Skill Rating than an already poorly rated player. This is because it is more of a surprise that a strong player has exited early than a low Skill Rated player. On the other hand, players with lower Skill Ratings who place highly will receive a larger increase in Skill Rating than a player already rated highly. As a player improves it becomes increasingly difficult to continue to increase their Skill Rating.

Read more: PSO Skill Ranking Explanation – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...#ixzz1DjG3yF4W

MAYBE THIS WAS ADDED

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 08:59 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
** Moved **

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com