Target Tournament #356967097 Buy-In: $47.00 USD
14 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started 2011/02/12 8:00:00 ET

Dear wiseguyjim,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. You qualified to play in Tournament
#356967097 and are automatically registered for it. See Tournament #356967097
Lobby for further details.

If you choose to unregister from this tournament your account will be credited
with T-USD 47.00. Tournament US Dollars can be used to buy into any tournament.
Visit our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/ for more
details.

OK, discovered this tourney a couple weeks ago and finally decided to give it a try this morning. This is the Macau Millions Sat: $11 Turbo Stage 1.
The pluses to playing this satelite are that they have a 60 minute late registration so when I enetered at the 59 minute mark there were 28 people left competing for 14 payouts. Very good odds.
Another plus was a 60 second time bank. Stalling to control the blind levels is critical in a turbo tourney and 60 seconds allowed me to have control of when the blinds hit me and to have them go up just after they passed me.
One other plus is that by waiting until the last minute to enter it only left about 20 minutes of play time until it ended so there was not much time invested in this tourney.
A big negative to entering a turbo 59 minutes into it is that the blinds are already huge! They were already bigger than my starting stack. So to counter this I looked at all the tables and waited until there was an opening at one that would put me behind the button. This is critical because you need to have time to get a playable hand.
So if you want a decent shot at making a nice 36 dollar profit in about 20 minutes and you can jump in behind the button and know how to use the clock to your advantage then I strongly recommend these. LOL, not the most stress free 20 minutes of my life but definitely worth the trouble if you got the bankroll for it.

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 10:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 10:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
sweet job

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 10:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
That is awesome.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com