Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

New member says 'Hi!'

Old
New member says 'Hi!' - Sat Feb 12, 2011, 07:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
Hi folks,

I've been playing on and off over the past few years and decided I want to expand my knowledge. I've never played 'for real' before, but I have been on Pokerstars for a couple of years so wanted to introduce myself.

I'm in Manchester, England, and play as FrostMonarch on here. I'm not sure how far I can take myself but I'm going to have a lot of fun finding out. Normally learning is something I'm good at. I'm just about to take the Core Quiz so I can find out how far I have to go before I can join you all in the tables.

If there is anyone who can help me find a few people more local to myself that would be very helpful. Otherwise I'm in for a few late nights

Dan

Old
Thumbs up
Welcome!! - Sat Feb 12, 2011, 09:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey there Dan, welcome to the pso and the forum!
Thanks for the intro. I think you'll find quite a few mates on here. Bill Curran, Darkman, Mbeecouck, and Andrew are, just to name a few. All very cool and good players too.
I will be sending you a pm this week with an invite to my new members home game where you can ask questions in a live chat, but please take the time to look over the info in the tabs at the top here to get ya' going. The league tab will have explanations to the scoring and the leaderboard (be sure to hit the red links in there too). The community tab will have some good ideas on getting the most out of the pso. The Live training is something I highly recommend also.
Never hesitate to ask this group questions as they are more than helpful and knowledgeable.
We'll talk to ya' later and best o' luck!
Dan

Old
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 09:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PSO...Dan...GL and see ya around

BULLS

Old
New Member Says Hello - Sun Feb 13, 2011, 02:32 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Hello PSO Members,

I'm Twister, screen name Twistguns and I've been here just over the week, never played before in my life, but always wanted to learn. I'm out of Calgary, Alberta, 48 years old, and as crazy it may it sound....have plans on going pro one day soon.

Yes, I do realize that's very much easier said than done, but I know it's possible. For reasons I won't metion here, I need to replace my income and am unable to work even part time and no coverage of any kind. I am literally under the gun and see learning to play and becoming skilled at poker as a means to give me a decent income. I have no illusions, no get rich quick ideas...but I believe I can and will become proficient enough to reach my goal.

Want to thank PSO and everyne involved in building and creating the school and the lessons you teach here...they're amazing and I've learned a great deal.

Thank you and good luck to all Members!!!

Old
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 11:42 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistguns View Post
Hello PSO Members,

I'm Twister, screen name Twistguns and I've been here just over the week, never played before in my life, but always wanted to learn. I'm out of Calgary, Alberta, 48 years old, and as crazy it may it sound....have plans on going pro one day soon.

Yes, I do realize that's very much easier said than done, but I know it's possible. For reasons I won't metion here, I need to replace my income and am unable to work even part time and no coverage of any kind. I am literally under the gun and see learning to play and becoming skilled at poker as a means to give me a decent income. I have no illusions, no get rich quick ideas...but I believe I can and will become proficient enough to reach my goal.

Want to thank PSO and everyne involved in building and creating the school and the lessons you teach here...they're amazing and I've learned a great deal.

Thank you and good luck to all Members!!!
Hey Twister, welcome to the pso and the forum!
Great first post! Thanks for the intro. Best o' luck in your desire to go pro.
I will be sending you a pm with an invite for a home game for new members. If you're interested, love to have ya' join us this week.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com