Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Gut shot open end straight draw

Old
Gut shot open end straight draw - Sat Feb 12, 2011, 09:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
So a friend of mine said to me " those who arrive on planes and chase flushes and straights leave on buses and trains".

Over the last week I have had countless evil straights of both kinds and I think 1 did work out only to be crushed by a flush ( that hand I played perfectly - the opponent chased his flush with 1 card on the flop) . Point being how do you (anyone) approach a possible straight - check it hoping to catch it on the turn or river? Do you bet aggressively into it (position being mid position between betters) do you check it and follow the raise?? I am simnply lost and think I m running cold. ( Was wiped out with QQ vs AA and A3 vs AA so I think im a bit gunshy.)

Any help would be appreciated.
the Hamster

Old
Running bad - Sun Feb 13, 2011, 02:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Sometimes you can't win no matter what you do. I had a streak a few days ago when I kept getting beat by flushes, and all of them were four on the board. You just have to try to stay sane and work through it. Hope this helps.

Good luck!!

Last edited by joy7108; Sun Feb 13, 2011 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: spelling

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com