Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Anyone play omaha

Old
Anyone play omaha - Sun Feb 13, 2011, 04:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
just wondering how many people play omaha, if you like it more than holdem, and if you think PSO should add an omaha portion.

I like omaha but I think theres too much luck/variability with the 4 cards.

Old
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 04:26 PM
(#2)
Deleted user

Last edited by deleted_username; Fri Feb 18, 2011 at 12:08 AM..

Old
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 04:33 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I like PLO H/L. It would be nice but they would need to establish a whole new forum to accomodate the bad beat stories. I can hear the wailing now. lol

Old
Wink
Yup ,,,, my fav,,,, - Sun Feb 13, 2011, 04:56 PM
(#4)
My homegame is just being set up for omaha ,,,,, I think its more calculations and less luck box than nl,....... more odds to consider,,,, strts,,,,flushes,,, full houses,,,,,, the norm,,,,,... and more tilt for the top pair 2 pair fish player for sure,,,,,,,,ummm fish taste good,,,,,,,,,,,

Old
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 05:05 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
I'd be up for a PSO PLO or PLO8 league... I turned to PLO8 during the WBCOOP to double my chances fo qualifying (which I did) and have been sticking with it ever since. I play more PLO8 ring games than NLHE these days.

Old
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 05:08 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaplaya69 View Post
just wondering how many people play omaha, if you like it more than holdem, and if you think PSO should add an omaha portion.

I like omaha but I think theres too much luck/variability with the 4 cards.
I would love it if PSO introduced PLO touraments into the rotation. I'm only brave enough to play the penny version getting approx 5bb/100 and don't think my heart could take the variance at higher levels just yet

Not sure if I agree with the luck comment but to each his own . Obviously there is a crazy amount of luck involved in all elements of poker, but it is a very mathematical game too. I don't see it as any different than holdem in that respect.

PSO should sprinkle in a few Pso PLO tournies just for the amount of times we will see someone ask, what do you mean I have to use two cards, don't I have a nut flush with my ace?

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Sun Feb 13, 2011 at 06:19 PM..

Old
Cool
Hi Sens - Sun Feb 13, 2011, 06:09 PM
(#7)
I was just reading a paragrapgh from Doyle Brunsons book,,,According to Doyle and he says himself on pg 101 that poker is a game that is like a long unpaved road that involves alot of luck,,,he tells alot of interesting stories in this book and his others,,,,, and I like it when a pro can admit you have to have lady luck on your side as well as many other factors, including emotions,,,state of mind,,,, luck of the draw etc ,,,,..

doing lots of reading lately because kids are in karate and swimming lessons now ,,,,,,, I still havnt forgot about you folks in Suited Aces,,,,just that Im a busy cat ,,,,,bee,,,,,,

Old
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 09:36 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyis View Post
I'd be up for a PSO PLO or PLO8 league... I turned to PLO8 during the WBCOOP to double my chances fo qualifying (which I did) and have been sticking with it ever since. I play more PLO8 ring games than NLHE these days.
Same here sir...I have posted an update on my pol8 ring games in the thread titled good start.

Old
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 09:40 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
I would love it if PSO introduced PLO touraments into the rotation. I'm only brave enough to play the penny version getting approx 5bb/100 and don't think my heart could take the variance at higher levels just yet

Not sure if I agree with the luck comment but to each his own . Obviously there is a crazy amount of luck involved in all elements of poker, but it is a very mathematical game too. I don't see it as any different than holdem in that respect.

PSO should sprinkle in a few Pso PLO tournies just for the amount of times we will see someone ask, what do you mean I have to use two cards, don't I have a nut flush with my ace?

I would say have completely seperate tourneys and ranking for plo8, and another prize pool too. Of course this other prize pool wouldnt be as much as the regular NLHE now cause thered be a lot less player in PLO but still would be nice...

Old
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 02:41 AM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2010
Enjoy a game of Omaha whether straight or hi/lo, PL tends to be better, if you thought their were shove monkeys in HENL then Omaha NL takes it to a whole new level.

Would be interesting for PSO to introduce different formats, maybe as seperate stand alone "mini leagues" or weekly/monthly one offs, personally I'd like to see them introduce a HORSE or 8 game tournament.

If anyone runs Omaha, HORSE or 8 game in their Home Games and there within the UK time frame I'd certainly be interested in joining.

Old
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 08:54 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogweed1964 View Post
Enjoy a game of Omaha whether straight or hi/lo, PL tends to be better, if you thought their were shove monkeys in HENL then Omaha NL takes it to a whole new level.

Would be interesting for PSO to introduce different formats, maybe as seperate stand alone "mini leagues" or weekly/monthly one offs, personally I'd like to see them introduce a HORSE or 8 game tournament.

If anyone runs Omaha, HORSE or 8 game in their Home Games and there within the UK time frame I'd certainly be interested in joining.
I've got a home game club "Same Ole Grind" already and I'd put out an inquiry to garner interest in any Omaha tournaments. I already have deep- & double-stack NLHE tourneys scheduled throughout the month and would like to find what times & days would be well received. I was thinking of a double-stack (3000 starting chips) like the WBCOOP PLO8 tourney.

Old
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 12:47 AM
(#12)
plo isnt really a game of luck, i think its just not a game for pre flop players.

i like plo more then holdem bc u have to have the ability to outplay opponents post flop

Old
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 02:06 AM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyis View Post
I've got a home game club "Same Ole Grind" already and I'd put out an inquiry to garner interest in any Omaha tournaments. I already have deep- & double-stack NLHE tourneys scheduled throughout the month and would like to find what times & days would be well received. I was thinking of a double-stack (3000 starting chips) like the WBCOOP PLO8 tourney.

How do I join your club. I think we should create a home game for Omaha for PSO players. Maybe someone already has one please share it and give info to join. I dont know how home games work exactly havent really looked at them but lets get one going

Old
poker is not just HE - Tue Feb 15, 2011, 02:14 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
I really would like to see ALL the games represented. i have actually made more money in tourneys in NLO sit and gos and 8-game than NLHE tourneys. Anyone who hosts omaha home games invite me, im in.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com