Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Music?

Old
Default
Music? - Mon Feb 14, 2011, 06:22 PM
(#1)
lasthippie12's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 75
BronzeStar
Hey folks!! Just wondering? What music do ya'll listen to while playing? I tend towards The Who, AC/DC, maybe some Clapton. Curious to see what others prefer. Good luck all and have a good one!! Lasthippie
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 06:48 PM
(#2)
Faery Tats's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 316
BronzeStar
Black Crowes, Government Mule, Santana....sometimes whatever is right next to the computer...lol

Rosie
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 14, 2011, 11:49 PM
(#3)
lisbon roar's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 65
i watch tv
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 01:12 AM
(#4)
joker41673's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,850
i collect records and record them int my computer
between them my tapes and cd's along with all the stuff i downloaded one way or another i have amassed a collection of music that is over 8k songs lasting over 21 days of non stop

everything rock / blues from as far back as 1925 ( huddie ledbetter or leadbelly ) to now

favorites include beatles, stones, led zep, who, black sabbath, aerosmith, ac/dc, to queens of the stone age, them crooked vultures, radio head, death cab for cutie and puscifer

just too many to list really there are so many more

 
Old
Default
nice - Tue Feb 15, 2011, 08:05 AM
(#6)
lasthippie12's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 75
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
i collect records and record them int my computer
between them my tapes and cd's along with all the stuff i downloaded one way or another i have amassed a collection of music that is over 8k songs lasting over 21 days of non stop

everything rock / blues from as far back as 1925 ( huddie ledbetter or leadbelly ) to now

favorites include beatles, stones, led zep, who, black sabbath, aerosmith, ac/dc, to queens of the stone age, them crooked vultures, radio head, death cab for cutie and puscifer

just too many to list really there are so many more

very nice collection, I've only got about 1800 on my poker playlist. I guess you would call mine blues based, but that kinda gets expanded into groups like Concrete Blonde( one of the most under-rated bands I feel) I guess if I had to pick a favorite and limited it to bands I've seen live, I'd have to say the Stones, though it would be close. AC/DC seems to help my play as long as I never play them the first hour (seems to cause aggressive play) Just wondering if there is a correlation between music choice and style of play? Any thoughts from the wise among ya'll? Have a good one!!! Lasthippie
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 08:16 AM
(#7)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faery Tats View Post
Black Crowes, Government Mule, Santana....sometimes whatever is right next to the computer...lol

Rosie
Hey Last Hippie, have you heard this band? I would think you have, but didn't see you list it.
Government Mule is in the "friends of The Dead" family. The singer/guitarist is Warren Haynes from the Allman Brothers and the drummer, Matt Abbts, is imo, one of the best to see live. I had a chance to see these guys front row a few years back and had a hard time watching anyone else most of the show. Just absolutely riveting to watch him go off all night. One great live show.
You can find 'em on youtube if you haven't seen 'em.
 
Old
Default
thanks - Tue Feb 15, 2011, 08:24 AM
(#8)
lasthippie12's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 75
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Hey Last Hippie, have you heard this band? I would think you have, but didn't see you list it.
Government Mule is in the "friends of The Dead" family. The singer/guitarist is Warren Haynes from the Allman Brothers and the drummer, Matt Abbts, is imo, one of the best to see live. I had a chance to see these guys front row a few years back and had a hard time watching anyone else most of the show. Just absolutely riveting to watch him go off all night. One great live show.
You can find 'em on youtube if you haven't seen 'em.
Thanks I'll check them out. It's always great to expand the playlist. Never got to see the Dead, saw Garcia in 1976 at a huge bluegrass festival (Stompin' 76) He played with Earl Scruggs and Vassar Clements and a bunch of folks in a jam. Cannot remember what songs they did, whole week was kinda a blur. Thanks for the info and have a good one!!!
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com