Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Loose Aggressive VS. Tight Aggressive

Old
Default
Loose Aggressive VS. Tight Aggressive - Tue Feb 15, 2011, 12:11 AM
(#1)
PresBruno's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 294
BronzeStar
What is the better strategy? I find that even when I play the latter I always struggle to have enough chips to reach a certain point because I am constantly waiting for the hand that I know I won't lose.

When I play loose aggressive I always get screwed over... like when I shove KA first hand in a rebuy and 66 calls me and I hit nada.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 12:52 AM
(#2)
wherethesoda's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 39
i think the best strategy in a mtt, is variance. u gotta play tight, but u also have to loosen up at times. whether that means ur gonna be raisng suited connectors in late position or what, but u cant just wait for monsters

unless its in the pso
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 05:06 AM
(#3)
Da Sens Fan's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,118
hmmm no pic and flag? What's the deal yo ?

____________________________________________
You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the Reaper.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 06:20 AM
(#4)
bahmani381's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 329
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
hmmm no pic and flag? What's the deal yo ?

____________________________________________
You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the Reaper.
maybe he got a warning for provoking others.
 
Old
Default
Thu Feb 17, 2011, 10:59 PM
(#5)
blindmice123's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 185
BronzeStar
tight aggressive is the play that PS is encouraging by their lessons..
in your tourneys though, you should be mixing things up a little, after all if you get pegged as a nit there are too many that will squeeze play you...knowing you will auto fold to a large enough raise.
playing position, and your opponents is the best way to go.

Then when you HAVE some chips...return to the solid tight aggressive play that we all know and love..

and that was my 2¢ worth... ~ö
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 12:35 AM
(#6)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmice123 View Post
tight aggressive is the play that PS is encouraging by their lessons..
in your tourneys though, you should be mixing things up a little, after all if you get pegged as a nit there are too many that will squeeze play you...knowing you will auto fold to a large enough raise.
playing position, and your opponents is the best way to go.

Then when you HAVE some chips...return to the solid tight aggressive play that we all know and love..

and that was my 2¢ worth... ~ö
THAT WAS ONLY ABOUT 1.5 CENTS

 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 12:36 AM
(#7)
Ace King 61's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 421
BronzeStar
Unbelievable!

Why would the great pres (self proclaimed) be asking for advice? For a player with his skills (also self proclaimed) you wouldn't think he needs it. And definitely not for someone that says he will win the PSO this month.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 12:57 AM
(#8)
mcrissinger's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,650
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace King 61 View Post
Unbelievable!

Why would the great pres (self proclaimed) be asking for advice? For a player with his skills (also self proclaimed) you wouldn't think he needs it. And definitely not for someone that says he will win the PSO this month.
And he can break my bankroll if he wins! I will ship him $5 if he takes first this month!

That's right, I'm going to ship Pres(redactedbecauseitwouldbeinsulting) $5 if he takes 1st place in the PSO Skill League for Feb.

I'm pretty sure my $5 is safe. Anyone want to bet against me?
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 04:49 AM
(#9)
antlovesang1's Avatar
Since: May 2010
Posts: 931
i will also ship $5 if he wins...

this is for you pres self titled, self explanitory
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 05:07 AM
(#10)
joker41673's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
What is the better strategy? I find that even when I play the latter I always struggle to have enough chips to reach a certain point because I am constantly waiting for the hand that I know I won't lose.

When I play loose aggressive I always get screwed over... like when I shove KA first hand in a rebuy and 66 calls me and I hit nada.
IDK maybe i just don't have your great poker skills but shoving AK 1st hand in a rebuy doesn't sound loose aggressive
but the calling with 66 does

 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 03:01 PM
(#11)
19honu62's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
What is the better strategy? I find that even when I play the latter I always struggle to have enough chips to reach a certain point because I am constantly waiting for the hand that I know I won't lose.

When I play loose aggressive I always get screwed over... like when I shove KA first hand in a rebuy and 66 calls me and I hit nada.
Pres I saw you did well in the $3.25 45 man today and if you would like to send me the hand history I would happy to review it with you to help find the leaks that kept you from finishing 1st!

Gidee Up!

 
Old
Default
. - Sat Feb 19, 2011, 01:04 AM
(#12)
joy7108's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,286
So I'm wondering why one of the most obnoxious posters gets offers of help?? Take note, people, even those who are less than pleasant are offered help. What might happen if you're actually polite and ask for help??

Good luck!!
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 01:28 AM
(#13)
PresBruno's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 294
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
Pres I saw you did well in the $3.25 45 man today and if you would like to send me the hand history I would happy to review it with you to help find the leaks that kept you from finishing 1st!

Gidee Up!

Thanks! How do I request that particular tournaments one?

Btw, I lost due to dumb luck. I noticed that whenever I min. raised my HU opponent he would shove me all in, so I min. raised 10's, he had A5... and the donk pairs his Ace.... not much more I could have done in that situation.

Earlier on I folded AK and it was against QQ and AQ would of hit a K.... which might have bought me a bigger chip lead later, but oh well.

Today the only things that stopped me were just dumb donk luck.

One tournament I was first for awhile too... then I was knocked out before the money because 6's hit trips on river against my 8's(went from like 11 to 8 K on that) and then I get BB'd on 89, this major donk on the flop it was 8 10 8 he makes a bet so I shove him all in... he has 10Q, I'm a 91% favorite.. and of COURSE he hits a 10 on turn so I get knocked out.

The one I was just in 5's hit trips on river against my 10's... hurt me bad... then I recovered... I shove A6 and a big stack calls me on 32.... he hits a 2 on river.

Typical.
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 09:50 AM
(#14)
jacob&misty's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 47
BronzeStar
it all depends on the speed of the tourny how you have to play some are slow some are fast and some are like playing the loto the faster the tourny the lucker you have to be

Its like this fast tournys play fast slow tournys play slow thats a basic stratagy for tournys but im not big on them becouse they all get fast at some point and that is were luck comes in I like poker not bingo

mabe this will help a little good luck bro
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 12:41 PM
(#15)
bahmani381's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 329
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
So I'm wondering why one of the most obnoxious posters gets offers of help?? Take note, people, even those who are less than pleasant are offered help. What might happen if you're actually polite and ask for help??

Good luck!!
ask and they will come.if you think he is bad wait till Sunday or Monday.obnoxious and more will be back after 30 day ban.
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 08:08 PM
(#16)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
Pres I saw you did well in the $3.25 45 man today and if you would like to send me the hand history I would happy to review it with you to help find the leaks that kept you from finishing 1st!

Gidee Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
Thanks! How do I request that particular tournaments one?

Btw, I lost due to dumb luck. I noticed that whenever I min. raised my HU opponent he would shove me all in, so I min. raised 10's, he had A5... and the donk pairs his Ace.... not much more I could have done in that situation.

Earlier on I folded AK and it was against QQ and AQ would of hit a K.... which might have bought me a bigger chip lead later, but oh well.

Today the only things that stopped me were just dumb donk luck.

One tournament I was first for awhile too... then I was knocked out before the money because 6's hit trips on river against my 8's(went from like 11 to 8 K on that) and then I get BB'd on 89, this major donk on the flop it was 8 10 8 he makes a bet so I shove him all in... he has 10Q, I'm a 91% favorite.. and of COURSE he hits a 10 on turn so I get knocked out.

The one I was just in 5's hit trips on river against my 10's... hurt me bad... then I recovered... I shove A6 and a big stack calls me on 32.... he hits a 2 on river.

Typical.

Honu you're the man and I have nothing but respect for you but good luck trying to give hand analysis help to someone who knows 2 things about poker for certain:

A. When Pres wins a hand or does well in a tourney/SNG it's always pure skill,nothing more,nothing less.

B. When Pres loses a hand or does'nt do well in a tourney/SNG it's "dumb donk luck",nothing more,nothing less.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com