Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Hourly Rate and VPP's in Cash Games Vs. Tourneys

Old
Hourly Rate and VPP's in Cash Games Vs. Tourneys - Wed Feb 16, 2011, 07:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm wondering if anybody prefers cash games, STT's, or MTT's, for grinding. Just curious if anyone finds that they get more out of one than the others. This just came from me wondering if I can make Silver Star status by next month, and it doesn't look likely right now at the limits I play. I'll need to do something like 20 $1.2 tournaments per day for the rest of the month for that to happen. I seem to recall that my money gains were much faster when I played cash tables back in December, though.

Old
Wed Feb 16, 2011, 08:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
To get your stars you will need to grind the cash tables, doing it with tourney play is really tough...just not enough rake, unless you are playing the higher buyin games

Old
Wed Feb 16, 2011, 05:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
I'm wondering if anybody prefers cash games, STT's, or MTT's, for grinding. Just curious if anyone finds that they get more out of one than the others. This just came from me wondering if I can make Silver Star status by next month, and it doesn't look likely right now at the limits I play. I'll need to do something like 20 $1.2 tournaments per day for the rest of the month for that to happen. I seem to recall that my money gains were much faster when I played cash tables back in December, though.
yeah cash games are the best...I had a thread about it earlier...Im on my way to making silverstar myself by the end of this month...I have like 278 more vpps to go...at an avg of about 23 per day it should be a cinch...and my rate so far is about 15 vpps per 100 hands playing either two .05/.10 tables or one .10/.25 table....playing more tables makes the vpp's come twice or more as quickly as one...you can prolly still make it so silver star if you multitable and can commit at least a few hours a day. At 2 tables you should be able to play 100 hands in about an hour give or take some...

do the math and calculate the time you can allow yourself and see if you can make it...

Old
Wed Feb 16, 2011, 07:35 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Take it from a gold star player, cash games is the way to earn VPP's. And within cash games, 6 max tables are better than full ring. Just be sure you know how to play the game. Getting VPP's do you little good if your bankroll tanks.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com