Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

student poker event

Old
student poker event - Wed Feb 16, 2011, 01:11 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
hi from a field of 30 only 7 remained and i had short stack around 1000 chips .. i wasnt the only one with short stack one other guy too..

i had 8clubs and 4 clubs..

the flop came with 6 clubs king spade and ten clubs..

the big stack raised 1000 chips another short stack called..

and so did i ..

than jack of spades came and a 6 of diamonds i lost...

was that right or wrong what i did

Old
Wed Feb 16, 2011, 05:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
shortstacked like that, late in a tourney just shove, dont call shove

Old
Thu Feb 17, 2011, 07:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
If the pot was 1k in chips, and you were the BB and had checked preflop, this is a snap call.

Get it in.

If it cost you 1k to call and it was all your chips, and I'm assuming you were BB and checked then the blinds were big enough that you had very few left and this was a good time to get it in.

Old
Thu Feb 17, 2011, 08:08 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
welcome back Arch

Old
Thu Feb 17, 2011, 08:29 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Post the hand history please.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com