Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

New players and anyone wishing to assist them.

Old
Talking
New players and anyone wishing to assist them. - Thu Feb 17, 2011, 12:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
The following is a message I've been sending to new members. Since some of you may not even know how to get to your messages, or just never bother to look at them, I need to post it here.
It contains a link to a home game for new members to the pso. If you are one, please look through everything. (There are a few links to look through.)

If you are someone interested in assisting our new players get their foundations beneath them, then please let me know.
Always appreciative of our great community,
Dano

I'd like to invite you to a home game for new members. The info for all this is in the thread link here.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...Questions-Live

Basically, you will have a chance to ask any questions you may have about pokerstars, the pso, or poker in general. This Friday night we will be having a great guest coach who will help w/ poker questions, along w/ evaluating our play at play money tables. We will have a couple play money tables and a play money tourney all going at the same time. With the detachable chat feature, we can all talk together from different tables.
Please also look at this thread if you wish to join us on a chat sight called ventrilo.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ll-New-Members...

I hope to see you there. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me.
Thank you and best o' luck!
Dan
New Members Coordinator

New Members Home Game Club
club id: 22037
invite code: For The Fun Of It

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Thu Feb 17, 2011 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: playing mr. fix-it

Old
Thu Feb 17, 2011, 12:30 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2010
happy to help

Old
Thu Feb 17, 2011, 12:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
The 2 links aren't working...not sure if it's on my end or not...anybody else check em ?

BULLS

Old
Thu Feb 17, 2011, 12:39 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLSeyeCoA View Post
The 2 links aren't working...not sure if it's on my end or not...anybody else check em ?

BULLS
nope i got the message link appears to be broken

Old
Thu Feb 17, 2011, 01:16 PM
(#5)
All fixed.. sorry 'bout that!

Old
Thu Feb 17, 2011, 01:49 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
id be happy to come on board and show how to play as a LAG one week, showing down every hand i win with my LAG style

and then the next week ill play like a NIT and a ratings whore and give advice how to do that

ill fill the chat box with poker theories
and tell them where to look for answers
explain the hand calculator and the forum

id rather do this REALLY EARLY IN THE DAY before the real tournies start
it would be fun to creat e new generation of monsters

Old
Thu Feb 17, 2011, 02:19 PM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
I will not break my rule. I will not teach anyone, and I don't think all you top boarder should either. Especially you Dan. Stop that. I order you to stop it at once. LOL, j/k kinda. Let me know if you need anything from me Dan. ie. a little prize money, ( I do mean little, u thief.) Dan stole 25 out of my account. LOL -shark

Old
Joined - Thu Feb 17, 2011, 11:58 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2010
Hi Dan,
I think this is great and signed up. I know I posted a few questions in the forums and received no constructive answers or opinions ( how to attack straight draws) so I look forward to learning a lot more.
cheers The Hamster

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 01:06 AM
(#9)
I like the idea of having not-so-new members help out the new members find their ground here. I still consider myself new, but if I can help, let me know.

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 04:33 PM
(#10)
Right now, all help is appreciated. As the guest sessions go, our guest will have control and direction on the night. Our main goal is to make sure all questions are answered.

Just a bump on the updates of bounties tonight.

:PSO-Staff is $1
Ol Mud is $2.50
!!!111Dan is $2.50

I will still match another .50 on mud or myself.

Thanks all.
See ya' later!
Dan

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 04:38 PM
(#11)
i have joined and will play but i will not be wanting to recieve any bounty/ prizes dan

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 12:59 PM
(#12)
Thanks Ant!!

Hey all, looks like I have my comp fixed and we will be resuming these in the next week or so.
So if you're interested, here's the thread w/ all the info.
Thank you all for your patience.
Dan

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...d=1#post262835

Page 1 has the club info.
Take care,
Dan

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 11:18 PM
(#13)
A bump of this in case you only read the general forum.

The last page of the thread has the tourney info for Saturday, and the first page has the club info.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...939#post265939

Hope to see you there!

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 11:53 AM
(#14)
I have sent all the players a pm who I have on my list. If you didn't receive one, please either join or send me a pm. All new players are invited to participate. I'm currently working on recruiting a couple players to place a bounty on. Hopefully staff can make it again and maybe even Admin!

Very soon we will be having a guest session w/ the Langolier too.

Anyone wishing to assist is more than welcome. Just remember, the first hour of ring table play money play, is not the time to work on your stand up (or sit down) comedy.
We just want to answer questions that new players may have.
During the tourney, you can go ahead and show your funny side while we still try to answer a few remaining questions.

Hope to see you there.
Dan

Here is the info I'm sending out.

Hello!
I'd like to invite you to a new member home game tourney taking place tomorrow at about noon EST. Please read through the thread here. The first post has the info for the club, and the last page contains the info on the tourney tomorrow.
Please read through everything and apply to join as soon as you can as we're getting close to our limit of players allowed.
Hope to see you there!

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...Questions-Live

Dan

ps..if you're having trouble w/ the link, pm me. I've had this happen before..something goes wrong when I copy a link from a previous quote...this one works here.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Fri Mar 25, 2011 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: post script

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 07:46 PM
(#15)
Update. Bounties so far...Trumpin Joe is $6.50 ...that's 2.50 from his last game that he donated..2 from Bill and Rock, and 2 from me. And myself will be $4 ...2 from Bill and Mike and 2 from me.
Hopefully more to come. Just waiting to see if we get the other players to put a price on.
Hope to see you there and best o' luck! That's it about for me tonight...gonna go try and rest this cold out of me. Good night all and thanks for everyones help and participation.
Dano

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 08:02 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Hey Dan,,,I have the time and inclination to help, that's just the way I am. So use me, don't abuse me, ,,most people do
- Dem

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 08:04 AM
(#17)
Thanks a bunch Dem. I see you're in the club but not registered for the tourney. Get in if you wish and any help appreciated.

Couple things..Homegames only allows 2 play money tables for ring games. In the hour before the tourney, we will have 2 play money ring tables going. I will also set up a real money 1/2 cent game if anyone wants to play there, but during the q & a time before the tourney, if you're not playing, you can still observe and chat. Also, if you need some extra play chips, just be sure to come early and we can help out.

Ericnnnancy will also be joining us so we'll go ahead and bounty his butt. He has also donated to the bounties available to whitestars so thank you very much Eric.

Let's break the bounties down like this now.
Trumpin Joe $7.50...3 from Bill, Rock, Eric, 2.50 from Joe's last game, 2 from me.
!!!111Dan $5.00....3 from Bill, Rock, Eric, 2 from me
Ericnnancy $4.00....2 from Bill, Rock, 2 from me...you didn't think I'd use your donations to bounty yourself did you Eric? The rest of your donation will go to the next game.

Anyone else wishing to contribute to these bounties...you can if you wish, but I will apply them to the next game most likely. I think these amounts are good and very generous of those who have contributed so thank you.
See you all a bit later.

Read more: NEW MEMBERS HOMEGAME -- Answer Questions Live - Page 6 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1Hi5SSWil

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 10:32 AM
(#18)
I think I'll show up to play as well. I haven't met a lot of the recently new members. I'll say hi.

Old
Tue Aug 02, 2011, 10:34 AM
(#19)
Well, we can't play for bounties and cash prizes anymore since I'm in the US, but if you're new, or not so new, and wish to ask questions live, please join us. Tomorrow night at 20:20 EST, a 500 buy-in, KO structure. I'll be at one of the play money ring games in the club at around 19:30. If you need play chips, please come early and we'll get ya' set up.
Use the info in the first post here.
Hope to see y'all there.

Old
Tue Aug 02, 2011, 12:32 PM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
If you are someone interested in assisting our new players get their foundations beneath them, then please let me know.
Always appreciative of our great community,
Dano

Well. As you choose to believe everything that you read, I won't confuse you by participating.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com