Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Cashed Out

Old
Cashed Out - Fri Feb 18, 2011, 11:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Cashed out, Changed my Avatar. Now im in the worst downswing ever. No matter what or how i play it gets beat! Wtf?! Anybody else have this problem? or is it just a coincidence?

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 11:54 AM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Seems like everything i fold is the nuts, then the hands i play jus get squashed! had AQ beat by AJ twice today with J on turn, J on river...had AK beat with AJ with i straight on the river. Been thru dowswings before but this is Epic.

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 11:57 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
send kidpoker a penny

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 12:01 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
i would but he gives it away quicker than me

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 12:02 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
not lately he is crushing 10nl regs right now

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 03:00 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_Wicker View Post
Cashed out, Changed my Avatar. Now im in the worst downswing ever. No matter what or how i play it gets beat! Wtf?! Anybody else have this problem? or is it just a coincidence?

This seems like the norm at pokerstars, just google stuff like cashed out pokerstars now cant win...pokerstars cash out curse...ive never cashed out so im just telling you what ive read about your problem....best of luck anyhow

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 05:13 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
how long does it last?? perhaps i should of left more money on my account.. LoL

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 06:40 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
No massive downswings whenever I cash out. Take off the tinfoil cap and stop letting conspiracy crap mess with your head

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 07:48 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
I haven't cashed out and on a downswing myself. Just happens to be my turn I guess.

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 07:59 PM
(#10)
whatever u do.... just DO NOT change ur theme

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 08:33 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
[QUOTE=Da Sens Fan;253821]No massive downswings whenever I cash out. Take off the tinfoil cap and stop letting conspiracy crap mess with your head

its not a cap. its a brain shield

Old
. - Fri Feb 18, 2011, 11:34 PM
(#12)
I've never cashed out, but I've built a stack from nothing. I clanged the Astronomer freerolls till I got some money, then I clanged the .10 360man sit and go's till I made some money. The PSO is pretty easy compared to that. There's lots of info here to help you, and lots of peeps who help too.

Good luck!!

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 11:55 PM
(#13)
If you start looking for reasons why you lose then you're gonna start losing more because you'll start second guessing yourself and hesitating when you should act. You cashed out. You done well to do that. Carry that confidence forward. If you can afford to cash out then the money you left in should'nt be scared money. Develope a BR management/building game plan and stick to it.

Look you are'nt going to "win" 95-99% of the time you sit in a MTT/SNG situation. In a 45 man SNG 1 of 45 is your odds to win,1 in 90 in a 90 man. And forget about MTT's.....what 1 in 2000,more sometimes and sometimes alot more. What you have to do is "lose" successfully. Make it far enough that you turned a profit. And if you're a solid player alot of the times you get knocked out it will be with a hand that you were ahead in when the chips went in. Think about it this way---say you go out in the 10th above min-cash level in an MTT and to get there you won 4 all-ins in which you were a 70-80% favorite,but you go out getting AA cracked by 98off and the guy hits a runner runner straight. Did you really get unlucky or did the odds just finally catch up to you? If you have 5 all-in spots as an 80% favorite odds say you're gonna lose one. This is what you have to wrap your head around (it's a chore for me to alot of the time,LOL). Those tourneys and SNG's when you win all(or almost all) of your big favorite spots,most of the flips and a lucky hit or 2 when you were dominated............those are the ones you take down.And it's also about WHEN you got lucky or not as well. The difference between being good and bad is really how many times and how consistently you can give yourself a chance to get lucky. Start looking for bad luck around every corner and that's all you'll see,even where it does'nt exsist.And then you'll feed into that feeling.

And that can mess your game up more than any bad variance run ever could..........

Just my 2 cents.

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 12:50 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
thanks moxie. im not looking for reasons why i lose or making excuses. playin bad on my part and its frustrating. i think this helpsme tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leohcvmf8kM

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 01:08 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.duce View Post
whatever u do.... just DO NOT change ur theme
you know now that you mention it, in hind sight...when I change my theme I go on super downswings but when I keep it on a certain one which it has been on...iI seem to do better...wonder if its some type of subconscious thing going on that makes one p;ay better or worse??? idk

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 01:23 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
damn im drun k

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 02:07 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
damn im drun k
Well, that's what you get for playing in the Drunk Tank.

hiccup.

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 05:05 AM
(#18)
Quote:
thanks moxie. im not looking for reasons why i lose or making excuses. playin bad on my part and its frustrating. i think this helpsme tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leohcvmf8kM

Don't mean for you to get the impression that I think you're making excuses,not at all. Just sometimes when things run bad we all can fall into the trap of looking for things that are'nt there. Just focus on what you can control at the table--making good descisions more often tnan not and scalping peeps for their bad descisions. Luck/variance is a ****le thing and it's gonna run how it's gonna run. But the less dependent on luck that one is the less it will affect them.

I know you know all this Brad. Just sometimes we all need to hear it is all.

As to the video,that's funny. I was jamming to some B-52's earlier myself.

Remember seeing them at DAR Constitution Hall in DC on that tour and the peeps in the balcony were dancing/rocking to it so hard that the balcony was MOVING and chunks of plaster and drywall were coming loose. They had to stop the show for a few minutes and Kate Pierson asked the folks in the balcony to "just dance in your minds" for the rest of the show.

Here's another one from Cosmic Thing that I love,song brings back a flood of great memories for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_htDvxrkIK4

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 09:19 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
damn im drun k
well you said it all now you should know why you cant win

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 12:53 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
I did have a good week or two a couple weeks ago. Made an 8 max 1000 cap final table good for $90, cashed $26 in the 1/4 million, and had another $25 cash in a rebuy tourney, plus some smaller ones. bound to have a bad streak i suppose

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com