Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Test Hand Replayer post

Old
Test Hand Replayer post - Fri Feb 18, 2011, 04:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Trying to learn how to use the hand replayer.

2 hands from a $1.20 single Table SNG I am playing right now.

Table Dynamic:

Very early stages of an SNG. I have yet to play a hand (until hand #1).

Hand #1- first orbit:
Big stack has been in 4 of the first 7 hands, and has folded twice to play back.
He won the other 2.

Hand #2- Villain has been in about 30% to 40% of pots.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=115D637EE2

thoughts?

Last edited by JDean; Fri Feb 18, 2011 at 04:07 PM..

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 04:21 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Gutsy play with the pocket 3's... had a flush draw to help scare him, second hand love the check with the nuts ... I think if you would have used your clock and called his 400 you could have taken all of his stack... nonetheless well played

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 04:53 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Gutsy play with the pocket 3's... had a flush draw to help scare him, second hand love the check with the nuts ... I think if you would have used your clock and called his 400 you could have taken all of his stack... nonetheless well played
Definately risky play with the 33. But I didn't want to just play it for a set mine after calling a raise. Knowing a lot of people at these levels will chase 2 suited cards, especially form the blinds, I figured I would hope to ry representing that. I saw the scare card turn, and went for it. It worked.

Was hoping he held and A with a d and would call. Realistically, I agree: I could have afforded a flat call there.

BTW...

I ended up taking 1st, and $4.50, for that SNG.

New SNG, another hand...

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=78BB242D0E

Last edited by JDean; Fri Feb 18, 2011 at 05:06 PM..

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 12:58 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
I think if you would have used your clock...
lol, I believe that's called slowrolling.

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 02:33 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hate the check with the nuts in hand 2. If he's got an ace you need to get money in right now, before a 4th diamond comes and freezes your action. If he's got a reasonable sized diamond, he's not folding, so build the pot now. If he doesn' t have an ace or a diamond, you're not getting much action from him anyway except maybe 1 bluff bet. At least make a small flop bet, maybe induce a raise. Checking a flopped flush is usually pretty bad.

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 03:53 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hate the check with the nuts in hand 2. If he's got an ace you need to get money in right now, before a 4th diamond comes and freezes your action. If he's got a reasonable sized diamond, he's not folding, so build the pot now. If he doesn' t have an ace or a diamond, you're not getting much action from him anyway except maybe 1 bluff bet. At least make a small flop bet, maybe induce a raise. Checking a flopped flush is usually pretty bad.
Very good point.

My check is kida/sorta predicated upon the sight of some people folding to action on the flop; I didn't want to lose a "customer"...

...but if I had NOT put value in on the flop, I wasn't getting it if the turn came another D.

Had he not raised me pre-flop, MAYBE I can better justify a check, but the pre-flop raise said an A was definately in his range.

I'm wondering if his check WAS an Ace (a weak one), and prhaps his 400 was a VALUE BET without a d in his hand. Then my raise on the turn proably sealed his "fear" of a flush. It is quite possible I cost myself a LOT of value here.

Good point Dave.

Last edited by JDean; Sat Feb 19, 2011 at 03:57 AM..

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 11:04 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
wouldnt you welcome a 4th diamond if he has 1? your holding the K with A on board? I find at these lower levels they dont think to hard lol if JD checks they think nope he dont have a flush thats why I thought the check waas good.... and flatting his raise would lead him to think his A was good, because nobody folds an A

Anyways this could be a leak in my game, because I would have played it almost identically to JD

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 03:36 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
wouldnt you welcome a 4th diamond if he has 1? your holding the K with A on board? I find at these lower levels they dont think to hard lol if JD checks they think nope he dont have a flush thats why I thought the check waas good.... and flatting his raise would lead him to think his A was good, because nobody folds an A

Anyways this could be a leak in my game, because I would have played it almost identically to JD
Sure we'd welcome a 4th diamond if he holds on (In particular a big one, a small diamond may not pay us off anyway). He's not folding a big diamond anyway to a flop bet, so get him to put more money in while he's still drawing (dead). If he misses you've at least extracted value from his dead draw. If he hits, getting the rest of his stack is academic since you've built the pot.

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 03:53 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Sure we'd welcome a 4th diamond if he holds on (In particular a big one, a small diamond may not pay us off anyway). He's not folding a big diamond anyway to a flop bet, so get him to put more money in while he's still drawing (dead). If he misses you've at least extracted value from his dead draw. If he hits, getting the rest of his stack is academic since you've built the pot.
What if opp's holding 5d 7d - hero doesn't want to see a 4d or 9d.
What if opp's holding 7d 9d - hero doesn't want to see a 5d or 10d.

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 05:46 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_22at90 View Post
What if opp's holding 5d 7d - hero doesn't want to see a 4d or 9d.
What if opp's holding 7d 9d - hero doesn't want to see a 5d or 10d.
If the opponent happened to hold either of those hands, NOT betting the flop is a disaster. We want to get the money in right now before that 4th diamond comes off and potentially freezes our action (or beats us). Perfect, ty annie.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com