Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Etiquette/strategy -- using clock or slow rolling?

Old
Etiquette/strategy -- using clock or slow rolling? - Fri Feb 18, 2011, 05:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
It's nearing bubble time. You have a stack that could use some help, but might make it ITM by folding every hand after the clock goes down. You get AA dealt to you. A player who has you just barely covered shoves all-in ahead of you. You make your decision to call immediately. But do you press the button immediately or let the clock run down first?

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 05:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
That close to the money & they give ME AA in the PSO? I'm folding!

Dawn

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 05:15 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Trick question? No brainer. No matter if you fold or call...you always run clock down.

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 05:27 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
your top 100 run clock and fold.dont take the chance 10 days left.

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 06:34 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'd play it... but, there will be 1 sec left on my clock when I push my chips in.

Old
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 08:05 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
How near to bubble time? If you have a decent stack and it's like 5 players to go, I think you have to shove here. Even if you do get eliminated, some smaller stacks are bound to go out on the same hand, and you should ITM. You're already getting decent plus points for sure. It's when you are okay but there's like 30 players left that you gotta fold.

And yes, you have to run clock. If there are 5 players left and 2 players go out while you're clocking, you're only 3 away and this hand will be the bubble hand. Remember you're still getting good points for a near ITM.

Now if you flop quads or a royal flush or something, and you run your clock when they shove, you're a slowrolling jerk.

Old
fold - Fri Feb 18, 2011, 10:04 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeviathan View Post
It's nearing bubble time. You have a stack that could use some help, but might make it ITM by folding every hand after the clock goes down. You get AA dealt to you. A player who has you just barely covered shoves all-in ahead of you. You make your decision to call immediately. But do you press the button immediately or let the clock run down first?
twice lately that situation has occurred. both times I went out 19 from ITM when my "best hand" went down in flames. Never again. I'll fold my way to an ITM. Even semi-braindead hippies can learn!! have a good one!! Lasthippie

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 02:35 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeviathan View Post
Well DL, going off the info that you have given, you say your stack is iffy for itm. Then I play AA as I would normally. All in cept the token chip for extra time stalling. As for slow rolling/ etiquette. I don't have any problem w/ that, as I time out everyhand, so, no one can blame me of slow rolling. As, I know you don't employ this tactic, I can see where it would be a issue. So, I say, clock down every hand, so, you don't have to worry about how it is perceived.

-shark

PS, thanks for knocking out datzang w/ your QQ's. I told her your were a friend, way before that hand. Now, she want your blood and mine LOL. GL to ya brother.

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 05:07 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
PS, thanks for knocking out datzang w/ your QQ's. I told her your were a friend, way before that hand. Now, she want your blood and mine LOL. GL to ya brother.
I slow rolled her. Flopped a set of Queens and used max time. I bet her last 10 chips on the river to protect the field.

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 05:10 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
How near to bubble time?
It was the last hand before the 2nd break, blinds 400/800. I had about 7000 chips.

Old
?? - Sat Feb 19, 2011, 05:14 PM
(#11)
i wont clock stall- i take the same amount of time every hand- for many reasons-- usually 4 or 5 blinks of my avatar-- and i will never fold a cat 1 hand - to ladder up-- and again for many reasons-- yet i believe there is a misconception of the point jump- from near bubble-- bubble-- and itm-- so here it is from the scoring from stars---

Tournament Placement
Change to Skill Rating
New Skill Rating
1st Place
+81
2nd Place
+53
3rd Place
+44
Last to Place in $
+33
One out of the money
+27
100th
+ 9
250th
500th

Read more: PSO Skill Ranking Explanation – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...#ixzz1ERfxuaJD

as u can see- at the nominal score of 1500- is only 6 points diff- from bubble to last in the money- that 6 points can easily be made up by playin that cat 1 hand-- chipping up and making a deep run-- imo-- gl monk....

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Sat Feb 19, 2011 at 05:17 PM..

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 05:24 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
welcome back monk

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com