Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Bad fold?

Old
Bad fold? - Fri Feb 18, 2011, 10:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=4CF9D2A649

This happened very early in the PSO freeroll. Think I made a good fold or should I have pushed in as well and risked getting knocked out for huge point loss?

Last edited by RockerguyAA; Fri Feb 18, 2011 at 10:28 PM..

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 01:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Good fold. For so many reasons.

Let's see if I can list a few:

1) Calling here is basically calling in the hopes that everyone at the table is bluffing, or that they're just terrible. I find that when I make assumptions like that, I end up losing chips. When something like 5 other people show interest in a pot (even in the first five minutes of a freeroll), just drop and wait for a more comfy situation to get your chips in.

2) What are your opponents raising or calling with? ? If so, you're in bad shape. ? In that case, you're only a little ahead. What about , , and ? In that case, you have a decently promising holding. But, in order to win, you need to hit an or a . And three of those outs are already used up in your opponent's hands. And you need to dodge all of the ways your opponents could win, even if you do pair. I haven't stoved it, but I think your equity is pretty low in this situation.

3) If you stand to lose a lot of points here, then why risk it all on a pretty weak shot at winning the hand? Save your chips and your points. You do need to accumulate chips, but not this badly.

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 01:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I thought it was a good fold too of course, but am definitely interested what other people think about the hand. Lots to consider such as points, how many donks there were( around 50% involved in that hand I would say), how many chips I could have potentially won... I just finished in 19th place I think so I'm happy I did fold that time

Last edited by RockerguyAA; Sat Feb 19, 2011 at 01:34 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com