Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

JoBaloo's Corral-Stakes 55:33:22

Old
JoBaloo's Corral-Stakes 55:33:22 - Sat Feb 19, 2011, 09:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
OK!

I'm sorry to hear that big.ben is under the weather and hope he gets well soon. I was looking forward to a battle for first place last night, though I'd be lying if I said I'm not happy to be playing for the "big" buck$...

(...) and a bit nervous. Playing with other people's money kinda makes me feel like there's a bullseye painted on my back with 33 league members aiming at it if I lose. To date the biggest games I've played in have been about a half a dozen daily $40K's, getting my money back once and winning a hundred buck$ once. This means there's a decent chance I'll make a profit but three bombs would be no surprise. Unlike PSO, I don't play for ITM in these tourneys. I could just play some 45-player SNGs with an excellent chance of profit but I'm aiming for the bigger money (and risk).

That said, I'll be playing weekday guaranteed tourneys starting with the $22. I'm looking at a "deepstack" right now to see how long it takes--I suspect too long for me. The $55 will go for a Daily Ninety Grand and I might wait for the Sunday $300K guaranteed version of it, might not. Any thoughts on any of this?

More soon. Feel free to post feedback here. Mucho thanks to the Cowboy for a great league idea, Helena Hand (me a beer please) for her work, and my fellow league members for making it fun and worthwhile.

--
JoBaloo

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 02:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Good luck to ya JoBaloo! If it makes ya feel any better, we can add to the rules that we are not allowed to use scopes when aiming at the targets on your back. lol

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 02:24 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey Jo - I feel the same way and I just have 2 $11 stakes Thats my highest buy-in for an MTT so I also feel the weight of expectation to play well and represent our "team" .

I say go for it and play in as big a guaranteed event as possible. But I'm 100 percent behind any decision anyone of us makes so I wish us all good luck and no playing SCARED!!

I plan to play DAILY FORTY GRAND and maybe the DEEP STACK 11k probably both on Tuesday.

Best wishes to BigBen as well and I hope you are back soon

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 07:14 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
good luck guys and no pressure........i have stocked up enough potatoes and imitation eggs to get us through the rest of month......we dont need things like juice or gas which we would get if you win......oops gotta go they are here to shut off my electricity

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 07:19 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2010
BronzeStar
great month. Good luck to all the winners

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 11:01 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBaloo View Post
OK!

I'm sorry to hear that big.ben is under the weather and hope he gets well soon. I was looking forward to a battle for first place last night, though I'd be lying if I said I'm not happy to be playing for the "big" buck$...

(...) and a bit nervous. Playing with other people's money kinda makes me feel like there's a bullseye painted on my back with 33 league members aiming at it if I lose. To date the biggest games I've played in have been about a half a dozen daily $40K's, getting my money back once and winning a hundred buck$ once. This means there's a decent chance I'll make a profit but three bombs would be no surprise. Unlike PSO, I don't play for ITM in these tourneys. I could just play some 45-player SNGs with an excellent chance of profit but I'm aiming for the bigger money (and risk).

That said, I'll be playing weekday guaranteed tourneys starting with the $22. I'm looking at a "deepstack" right now to see how long it takes--I suspect too long for me. The $55 will go for a Daily Ninety Grand and I might wait for the Sunday $300K guaranteed version of it, might not. Any thoughts on any of this?

More soon. Feel free to post feedback here. Mucho thanks to the Cowboy for a great league idea, Helena Hand (me a beer please) for her work, and my fellow league members for making it fun and worthwhile.

--
JoBaloo
Jo please post tourney id's when you know what games you are playing

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 09:01 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
Jo please post tourney id's when you know what games you are playing
No problemo, Cowboy. That's why I started this thread.

Old
JoBaloo Corral Stake $22 - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 10:24 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Got time today so why wait? I just signed up for:

Tourney #407010397 $22 NL Hold'em ($20K guaranteed) 11:00 CT

YeeHaw!

--
JoBaloo

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 01:16 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
No need to be nervous.
Just relax and play your game.
Good luck.

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 02:16 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBaloo View Post
Got time today so why wait? I just signed up for:

Tourney #407010397 $22 NL Hold'em ($20K guaranteed) 11:00 CT

YeeHaw!

--
JoBaloo
I finished 667th of 2114, ITM=306. With 9 BBs left I shoved TT, met up with QQ (dang!), flop QJTxx. Why couldn't he 'a had bullets? Sigh...

--
JoBaloo

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 08:28 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
good luck

rondster

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com