Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

102nd Dumbest thing to do.

Old
102nd Dumbest thing to do. - Sat Feb 19, 2011, 02:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
101st Dumbest thing to do..... Borrowing without asking ( For those of you that remember the public service announcements on TV for kids. i.e. school house rock/ and this one 2 puppets, talking about borrowing without asking)

102nd Dumbest thing to do.... Chatting while in a hand.

So, I have KK w/ 900+ to go. Nice, I'll play. 3 limpers, I push my whole stack cept for my token 25 chips. Table sheriff w/ big stack calls, ( yes, I fist pumped so hard I punch out my lcd monitor lol). Everyone else mucks. Flop comes Ragged all under my KK but 2 spades. Sheriff checks, I check after stalling. Then I see it. Blue chat in the box. Shark, ....... yada yada yada. I'm Shark, the ego maniac. I have to see and respond. Turn, didn't even realize the sheriff had bet, let alone can tell you what even hit the board on the turn. I'm too busy coming up w/ a witty response for my fans. While typing my hand looks at the time clock down. Brain freeze or something, I better fold before I eat into my time bank......
So, yes low and I behold, I've now folded my KK, w/ 25 chips left to my tourney career. But, the good thing is I still have 30 seconds in my bank. (what a moron) So, about 2 hands latter, I push my huge stack of 25 chips in w/ aq off. Don't even use my bank b/c really what's the diff at this point. Bling Bam. Out of 10am PST tourney. 900+ or more. Don't really know, nor care to look at the moment. I'm going to console myself by saying the sheriff had me beat, and I got a couple more hands out of my 25 chips. Needless to say Datzang went on uber bitch mode. We have a running joke of me moving in w/ scubajoe1. (scubajoe1 doesn't even know me, but, I always told dat how I like his play and his dedication to playing pso last month. And now dat always has an eye peeled on scuba every tourney she plays) Needless to say, Dat told me, " Pack your bags, and move in w/ scuba. Really thinking about it. Like I don't feel like crap already. Oh well. Hope this made you smile. -shark

Old
?? - Sat Feb 19, 2011, 04:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
best hope stars dont ask you why you folded that one-- !!!! red flag for chip dumping---j/k

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 04:07 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
best hope stars dont ask you why you folded that one-- !!!! red flag for chip dumping---j/k
welcome back monkey. stirring the chit already i see. missed your sharp edge humor/sarcasm. Hope the chat break doesn't dull your edge. I really enjoy your post. -shark

PS, I told ya, gonna go with I knew I was beat. Wanted a couple more hands. Let me think it was so. PLEASE!!!

Last edited by sharkatack89; Sat Feb 19, 2011 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: Post Script

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 04:13 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Just tell yourself he was slowrolling AA and then hammer out all the keys on your keyboard.

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 09:09 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
if you move in with Scubajoe PSO admin is gonna have a hell of a time figuring out who's who next month.

Old
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 09:15 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
103rd dumbest thing....

ever hit the "fold" button instead of the "call"....how about the "all-in" instead of the "call", or, the best of them all....the "all-in" instead of the "fold".

I think I am the master at all three!

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 02:59 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
104th dumbest thing!

45 minutes into the 8 o'clock PSO tonight I had around 2600 chips. I was replaying a previous hand and was clicking the fast fwd button. That's right....game popped up and Call was hit....with a 4000 chip shove before me. Holding 45 off...against AA...early out for me! Already on a downswing and more negative points coming after that.

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 04:59 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
( yes, I fist pumped so hard I punch out my lcd monitor lol).
I thought you had a girlfriend?

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 05:06 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by autodafe20 View Post
I thought you had a girlfriend?
This was almost funny. Not. LOL

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 07:59 AM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2010
(yes, I fist pumped so hard) What were u pumping? LOL gl mate at the tables

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 08:29 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace King 61 View Post
104th dumbest thing!

45 minutes into the 8 o'clock PSO tonight I had around 2600 chips. I was replaying a previous hand and was clicking the fast fwd button. That's right....game popped up and Call was hit....with a 4000 chip shove before me. Holding 45 off...against AA...early out for me! Already on a downswing and more negative points coming after that.
You know I did something similar one game except mine was something like an 83o. I ended up with a boat and beat some guy's flush. I was embarrassed with the win but what was I going to do. They guy called me a donk...go figure.

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 09:03 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
This was almost funny. Not. LOL
The 2nd dumbest thing is losing your memory. I forgot what's 1st...

Im just sayin...

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 09:55 PM
(#13)
Since: Jun 2010
I rarely celebrate when someone shoves all into my AA or KK. No, in fact, I say "I'm probably out now, here comes the bad beat on the river".

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com