Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

This just isn't Kosher....

Old
Default
This just isn't Kosher.... - Sat Feb 19, 2011, 08:13 PM
(#1)
PresBruno's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 294
BronzeStar
I just lost Aces to 3-8 that hit trip 8's on me in $3.25 (45 man)
I have been knocked out of the past 7 or 8 tournaments on one hand or two hands were the odds were anywhere from 65-95% in my favor.

Something is rotten in Denmark... I am not even exaggerating when I say I get knocked out ALL the time to the point where it is statistically near IMPOSSIBLE for this to happen.

Does someone want my tournament hand history? You can do the math.... this is just wrong on so many levels.
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 08:20 PM
(#2)
john.duce's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 232
only 7/8 tourneys and you're complaining?

try the 90man $3... personally i've had more success at those
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 08:28 PM
(#3)
antlovesang1's Avatar
Since: May 2010
Posts: 931
BLAH BLAH BLAH



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 08:46 PM
(#4)
p8ball jim's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 23
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
I just lost Aces to 3-8 that hit trip 8's on me in $3.25 (45 man)
I have been knocked out of the past 7 or 8 tournaments on one hand or two hands were the odds were anywhere from 65-95% in my favor.

Something is rotten in Denmark... I am not even exaggerating when I say I get knocked out ALL the time to the point where it is statistically near IMPOSSIBLE for this to happen.

Does someone want my tournament hand history? You can do the math.... this is just wrong on so many levels.
Dude i just ended my two-day free fall with the following:

$1.40 9-man knockout NL holdem

Me - pocket A's
opponent: pocket 9's
We both end up all in pre-flop
he flops a 9 for the set
Next two cards....A....A
Quad A's
he was from Spain. I don't know what he said but I am sure it wasn't "nice hand"

bottom line...deal with it. What comes around goes around. Prior to this hand i had my AA cracked 3 times in a row, KK cracked twice.
Bad beats and rivered endlessly. Deal with it. Smile when you loose and look for the quad A's next game.

By the way, that was a sweet hand...one I will be able to talk about for awhile!
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 08:50 PM
(#5)
bahmani381's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 329
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
I just lost Aces to 3-8 that hit trip 8's on me in $3.25 (45 man)
I have been knocked out of the past 7 or 8 tournaments on one hand or two hands were the odds were anywhere from 65-95% in my favor.

Something is rotten in Denmark... I am not even exaggerating when I say I get knocked out ALL the time to the point where it is statistically near IMPOSSIBLE for this to happen.

Does someone want my tournament hand history? You can do the math.... this is just wrong on so many levels.
so what your going to take 1st this month. your words not mine
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 09:02 PM
(#6)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
I just lost Aces to 3-8 that hit trip 8's on me in $3.25 (45 man)
I have been knocked out of the past 7 or 8 tournaments on one hand or two hands were the odds were anywhere from 65-95% in my favor.

Something is rotten in Denmark... I am not even exaggerating when I say I get knocked out ALL the time to the point where it is statistically near IMPOSSIBLE for this to happen.

Does someone want my tournament hand history? You can do the math.... this is just wrong on so many levels.
Already did the math: 2 + 2 = Pres is a whiny little azzhat. Maybe Vanessa Selbst threw the "Doom Switch" on your azz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.duce View Post
only 7/8 tourneys and you're complaining?

try the 90man $3... personally i've had more success at those
I disagree with john here Pres. I think you should take a blindfold to your nearest freeway and try playing Pin the tail on the Peterbilt.
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 09:02 PM
(#7)
antlovesang1's Avatar
Since: May 2010
Posts: 931


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Old
Default
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 09:03 PM
(#8)
Brad_Wicker's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 102
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlovesang1 View Post
BLAH BLAH BLAH


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
rum almost came out my nose

Last edited by TOO2COO; Mon Feb 21, 2011 at 07:24 AM..
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 03:12 AM
(#9)
Da Sens Fan's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,118
Uh oh He has gobbled up more victims, well done dude

I'd like to see you wearing the following t-shirt for your next post pres





____________________________________________
You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the Reaper.
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 03:19 AM
(#10)
sculpt51's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 85
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlovesang1 View Post
BLAH BLAH BLAH



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I couldn't have said it any better myself...even as verbose as I am.
Actually Pres, you have said before this place is rigged So you could just QUIT
Although we would miss you I'm sure we'll get over it.
OK I'm over it

Last edited by TOO2COO; Mon Feb 21, 2011 at 07:24 AM..
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 04:57 AM
(#11)
autodafe20's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 142
BronzeStar
Too many donks staying in when you have "uncrackable" hands, you need to push back harder. Of course being donks they just might stay in anyway and knock you out of the tournament. But the plus side of that is no one else at the table will have to listen to you.
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 09:23 AM
(#12)
tazz864's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,143
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sculpt51 View Post

Actually Pres, you have said before this place is rigged So you could just QUIT
Although we would miss you
I'm a pretty good shot... I don't miss ANYONE...LOL

Im just sayin...
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 09:33 AM
(#13)
Cairn Destop's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,477
BronzeStar
I would like to formally issue a challenge to PresBruno.





I dare you to keep the following record for the month of March, and then post the results as a separate thread. Since you review your hands, this shouldn't be a difficult exercise.

Maintain this matrix by noting the number of hands where the following happens:

1 Winning the hand on the turn: Win ---- Lost
2 Lossing the hand on the turn: Win ---- Lost


If your results are anywhere near normal, I'll wager the first one will be in the high 80% bracket while the second one will have you losing by the same percentage. What this will show you is that when you have (censored) on the turn, the river saves you as often as it turns gold into lead.



Naturally, if either you or your opponents fold before a showdown, you cannot count that as a victory, or a loss.

Hedgehog might be as (explative deleted) stupid as an inmate in an insane assylm trusting your integrity, but I'm willing to bet this exercise will do for you the same thing tracking group one and group two hands did for me.
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 11:20 AM
(#14)
PresBruno's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 294
BronzeStar
Hey sculpt... my plan is to make a ton of money off poker... so no.

Also..... my luck lately has ben BEYOND bad.... In the last 10 money tournaments I've played.... only TWO I was knocked out of because of poor judgment... the other 8 I made the right calls with really strong odds and got screwed over royally.

I already described the 1st tournament that began this streak of epic losing. My 8's went down to 6's hitting trips on river(was first place with like 9 people left in 45 man and dropped from like 11 K to under 8 K)..... then I lost the rest of my stack when the King of Donks himself who shoved all in every other hand called me all-in with 2nd best pair and had TWO OUTS and of course beat me with 91% odds in my favor.... This stuff happens to me ALL THE TIME disproportionately.

So am I saying it's rigged? no.... I am saying something just ain't Kosher.... and this is from a Jew.
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 11:24 AM
(#15)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
who is the clown who gave him another stake after he blew his $50 in 3 days? I demand an investigation
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 11:35 AM
(#16)
tazz864's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,143
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
Hey sculpt... my plan is to make a ton of money off poker... so no.

Also..... my luck lately has ben BEYOND bad.... In the last 10 money tournaments I've played.... only TWO I was knocked out of because of poor judgment... the other 8 I made the right calls with really strong odds and got screwed over royally.
I'd like to join C.D. and caution those that see 'bad luck' and 'downswings' as something that is 'not kosher' to examine a sample-size larger than 10 tournaments.

Im just sayin...
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 01:31 PM
(#17)
shirshot's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlovesang1 View Post
BLAH BLAH BLAH


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I wonder if I can make this my avatar?

Last edited by TOO2COO; Mon Feb 21, 2011 at 07:24 AM..
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 04:09 PM
(#18)
Cairn Destop's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,477
BronzeStar
So I gather from your comments, or should I say lack of comments, that you will not accept my challenge?

I'm disappointed. Back in June 2010, there was a lot of talk on this forum about monster hands being cracked. It ran along the same lines you are using describing your luck. The comments could be summarized as "the poorer the hand, the better chance it will win." I thought the same thing after getting aces cracked three times straight. However, I wanted facts and not the blowhard wimpering of players, including me. Now I am gathering facts and the reality is far better.

Now you are whimpering about your luck. Sure, we all have bad streaks, but I'm thinking things are not as dire as you say. First thing you have to remember is that PokerStars doesn't give a royal (censored) about anyone on their site. You are income via the rakes and fees. Nothing more, and nothing less.

You have two choices. Join the conspiricy crowd, and become this site's favorite joke. Work through your varience by playing the kind of poker that proved, or proves, successful. Of course, you have a third choice. Document your bad luck by accepting the challenge.

And now I'm going to extend that challenge. If PresBruno agrees to maintaining this showdown diary, how many of you who contributed to this thread will do the same thing? Everyone tells me you need lots of data to make an assertion. So, let's see how good, or bad, the river is for us. Will anyone keep a log of their showdown victories and defeats? Are you willing to share your results if PresBruno does? Add your voice to the challenge and let's see if he will lift the gauntlet.











Considering how well he received my last message, all of you guys are safe.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 12:07 AM
(#19)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
So I gather from your comments, or should I say lack of comments, that you will not accept my challenge?

I'm disappointed. Back in June 2010, there was a lot of talk on this forum about monster hands being cracked. It ran along the same lines you are using describing your luck. The comments could be summarized as "the poorer the hand, the better chance it will win." I thought the same thing after getting aces cracked three times straight. However, I wanted facts and not the blowhard wimpering of players, including me. Now I am gathering facts and the reality is far better.

Now you are whimpering about your luck. Sure, we all have bad streaks, but I'm thinking things are not as dire as you say. First thing you have to remember is that PokerStars doesn't give a royal (censored) about anyone on their site. You are income via the rakes and fees. Nothing more, and nothing less.

You have two choices. Join the conspiricy crowd, and become this site's favorite joke. Work through your varience by playing the kind of poker that proved, or proves, successful. Of course, you have a third choice. Document your bad luck by accepting the challenge.

And now I'm going to extend that challenge. If PresBruno agrees to maintaining this showdown diary, how many of you who contributed to this thread will do the same thing? Everyone tells me you need lots of data to make an assertion. So, let's see how good, or bad, the river is for us. Will anyone keep a log of their showdown victories and defeats? Are you willing to share your results if PresBruno does? Add your voice to the challenge and let's see if he will lift the gauntlet.











Considering how well he received my last message, all of you guys are safe.

Been there done that myself Cairn. Matter of fact I'm 1/3rd of the way into my free 60 day trial with PT3 and can say that with very few exceptions that all of my starting hands,my showdown %'s ,EVERYTHING with only a couple of exceptions are all within 3-5%,+/-,of accepted norms. Yes in short samples,like 10 tournaments Pres,it can look like you'll never win anything again,ever. But seeing the numbers in black and white for ALL my starting holdings just reinforces my suspiscions that the thoughts of being jerked around were off base.

As a matter of fact when I first started looking at the numbers for starting hands I thought to myself that my AA win % was a little high. I then proceeded to lose 4 of my next 6 AA hands,lol.

All systems normal now................

When it comes to MTT/SNG play if one of the main barometers of being successfull is ITM % then accept the fact that a good player is going to FAIL 3/4's of the time.

I suggest anyone who can't accept that fact move on to something else.
 
Old
Default
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 01:15 AM
(#20)
ssuglia's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,393
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
who is the clown who gave him another stake after he blew his $50 in 3 days? I demand an investigation
Hiphoplives.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com