Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

It looks like....

Old
It looks like.... - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 12:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I'll be playing A LOT of poker n the coming months, I will find out definitely on Monday from the doctor.

Remember that nice little shoulder mishap last month I was telling ya'll about. Well it wasn't so tiny as per the MRI results. It seems I tore the labrum (cartilage) of the shoulder which now needs to be re-attached to the bone, then they get to do another procedure called capsular constriction to tighten the joint up so that my shoulder doesn't need to join a circus freak show since it dislocates itself whenever it wants to. The third procedure that might be done is fix rotator cuff tears so that he doesn't have to go back into the shoulder again at a later date, not like I would let him after recovering from the first two surgeries. Pretty much I am looking at a 4-6 month recovery with at least 2-4 months of PT to make the shoulder work again. OH JOY!!!!

So, as said earlier, I'm in for a long, long haul which means I get to watch movies, play poker and work my side job.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the tables.

Rosie

Old
Bad Idea. - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 12:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Bad Idea. Poker will strain you unnecessarily. Breaking mice, breaking LCD monitors, slamming fists into walls. Bad Bad idea. j/k kinda. Good for ya. Gl in the coming days and see you at the tables. -shark.

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 12:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time, Rosie. I hope your shoulder recovery doesn't give you too many problems. At least you get to maybe become rich and famous playing poker over the next few months. Then you can buy a monkey shoulder transplant and be better than ever!

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 02:10 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Thanks guys....and Panicky, as long as it's not a Pres Bruno implant they can implant a monkey ass on my shoulder and it would be all good....LOL

Downside of all this, I won't be able to move my shoulder.
Upside, will have lots of good drugs so I won't care that I can't move my shoulder...LOL

Haven't really played much this month. I tried changing my style a bit this month and tried new things. Of course it didn't work well at all and Ant said I should go back to how I played last month since it was working for me. I started doing that and it worked, started taking positive points again. Hopefully this week I can get a bunch of tournies in and at least make it to the top 1000. It's not looking hopeful though unless doc stops PT since it is making things worse.

Oh and Shark, just think of the range I can get out of a mouse when the shoulder dislocates and pops back in like a rubberband. That has got to be good for at least an added 30-40 mphs...LOL

Rosie

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 02:49 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
I know what you are going through. Had it done with 2 surgeries back in 1992. Took a year to heal after last surgery. Still sounds like gravel in the joint when I do a windmill, after 19 years. Worst part was sleeping on couch to keep from rolling over on it while in a sling. Only way I could get any rest.

Good luck to you.

Old
Thumbs down
I hate surgery - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 02:52 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faery Tats View Post
I'll be playing A LOT of poker n the coming months, I will find out definitely on Monday from the doctor.

Remember that nice little shoulder mishap last month I was telling ya'll about. Well it wasn't so tiny as per the MRI results. It seems I tore the labrum (cartilage) of the shoulder which now needs to be re-attached to the bone, then they get to do another procedure called capsular constriction to tighten the joint up so that my shoulder doesn't need to join a circus freak show since it dislocates itself whenever it wants to. The third procedure that might be done is fix rotator cuff tears so that he doesn't have to go back into the shoulder again at a later date, not like I would let him after recovering from the first two surgeries. Pretty much I am looking at a 4-6 month recovery with at least 2-4 months of PT to make the shoulder work again. OH JOY!!!!

So, as said earlier, I'm in for a long, long haul which means I get to watch movies, play poker and work my side job.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the tables.

Rosie
Faery tits .....I have been worried sick about you!!!!!! You watch out for those surgeons You know they are hoping you'll put their kids thru college and make them into doctors
Well all this may just have happened because you needed to be playing poker with us
You know Hobo has been asking me about you <<<Hobojim So you better get back with us in the Nite Owl. Here's your get better wish And we expect to see you soon...or else Make sure you take your pain meds You are gonna need 'em (and I want your chips lol)
Also, why don't you talk with me on facebook sometime? CUL Sweetie .

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 09:57 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sculpt51 View Post
Faery tits .....I have been worried sick about you!!!!!! You watch out for those surgeons You know they are hoping you'll put their kids thru college and make them into doctors
Well all this may just have happened because you needed to be playing poker with us
You know Hobo has been asking me about you <<<Hobojim So you better get back with us in the Nite Owl. Here's your get better wish And we expect to see you soon...or else Make sure you take your pain meds You are gonna need 'em (and I want your chips lol)
Also, why don't you talk with me on facebook sometime? CUL Sweetie .
I'M STILL HERE...LOL I will definitely watch out for those surgeons, but I would rather be asleep when he does the surgery. As for me personally sending the kids through college, NO WAY!!! Workers Comp is sending his kids to college...lol I will try to stop in tonight if you guys are all around. I played earlier int he week, but you blinded out (I think you were just having fun with HOBO).

Definitely will have to send you the facebook info. Going to try and play a tourney now, maybe if I play all week I can get myself up to top 1000...LOL

Rosie

Old
. - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 10:55 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Hope your surgery works out well.

Good luck!!

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 01:26 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Thanks Joy. Hopefully have a couple more weeks before I go under the knife. We all know how quickly workers comp gets things approved...lol

Rosie

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com