Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Pocket Queens

Old
Pocket Queens - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 07:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
I'm trying to use the hand replayer, not sure if I've got it right. I thought that the villian had been calling light and/or representing hands based on the board. I would appreciate any suggestions on how I can improve my play.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=6FE0FE4B43

Old
?? - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 07:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
nuthin wrong there cept the runner runner he hit for the flush-- just unlucky---

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 08:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Not to be unhelpful here, but I don't see anything in particular that you did wrong. You raised preflop with QQ, which is the standard play, especially out of position. You made a pot-sized value bet on the flop (the bigger the better if you're going to get stationy calls, so ), you called an over-the-top shove in a spot where you were very likely to be ahead, and you were observing your opponents and using your reads.

Old
. - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 10:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Thanks for the replies, I've been on a bad streak lately and starting to doubt my game. I had a run of about 8 or 10 of these over the course of a few days, all of them with the last two coming on the turn and river.

I just keep telling myself, that if the villian needs to draw two to beat me, then I made the right play. But its still hard, sometimes, to keep up your confidence.

Thanks again!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com