Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

flopped flush

Old
flopped flush - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 08:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Flopped the flush and knew I could get value from villain, have played her many times and she loves to keep pushing with air.. Thoughts on how I played this... are my cards to small to be playing with?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 25 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t4658)
MP3 (t725)
CO (t599)
Button (t1380)
SB (t4412)
Hero (BB) (t8845)
UTG (t750)
UTG+1 (t1455)
MP1 (t13210)

Hero's M: 14.74

Preflop: Hero is BB with ,
2 folds, MP1 calls t250, 4 folds, SB calls t125, Hero checks

Flop: (t975) , , (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t1000, MP1 calls t1000, 1 fold

Turn: (t2975) (2 players)
Hero bets t1000, MP1 calls t1000

River: (t4975) (2 players)
Hero bets t1000, MP1 calls t1000

Total pot: t6975

Old
. - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 09:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
I would have been a little more cautious after the fourth heart, since at that point any heart beats you. I tend to keep my raises a little smaller, around half to two thirds of the pot. That way, if a bad card hits (Kh), you're not betting as much. With such a low flush you're vulnerable.

The problem with having a read on a loose player is that we tend to forget that sometimes they do have a hand. That may not be the case here, but it's something to think about.

Good luck!!

Old
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 11:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
If you expect MP1 to push with air, maybe you should check the flop, intending to check-raise.

I can't believe you are good when your turn bet gets called on that board. She probably has the heart four.

Since Puciek has stopped posting, you'll have to hope The Langolier chimes in so you can get the right answer.

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 02:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
I'm still a working a bit on the hand anaysis stuff, but I have to agree w/ the first two opinions.. I think your odds of having the best hand on the flop are pretty good in terms of holding the best hand, but keeping in mind that holding one of any heart has you beat beyond that should you see another hit the 'felt'.. Having four to a flush on the flop still holds good value, even if three of the four are on the flop.. I'd be happy to chase down a flush-draw holding a Qh for less that 10% of my stack; I can't see a station not doing similar.. Once that fourth heart falls it becomes beyond scary to further add to the pot..

The only thing I see looking positive for you here is the fact that the villian is doing nothing more that calling.. Since you OB the pot so significantly it may have appeared to the villian that you were trying to make a move and buy the pot..

If villian is as much of a loose cannon as you imply, I don't think it's a reach to say that she was on a str-draw; Q-8s (not hearts) maybe J-8..

Look forward to the results..

Last edited by ClubbedNuts; Mon Feb 21, 2011 at 02:17 AM..

Old
. - Mon Feb 21, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeviathan View Post
If you expect MP1 to push with air, maybe you should check the flop, intending to check-raise.

I can't believe you are good when your turn bet gets called on that board. She probably has the heart four.

Since Puciek has stopped posting, you'll have to hope The Langolier chimes in so you can get the right answer.
Whatever happened to Puciek?? I joined his home game, played the first tourney. It was him and me (I won). I had to miss the next two tourneys and it looks like no one else played, and there haven't been any since. Just wondering.

Good luck!!

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 03:14 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
banned, and how could you beat Puciek? lol

Old
. - Mon Feb 21, 2011, 11:39 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
banned, and how could you beat Puciek? lol
The usual way, by winning all the chips. It was a really good match, I really enjoyed it. Had to play my best game to win.

Good luck!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com