Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Poker Books

Old
Poker Books - Mon Feb 21, 2011, 02:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I'm curious how effective they've been for everyone.

How well did you do before/after reading them?

Which ones have you read?

I'm especially interested in people who have cashed out thousands of dollars because of what they've learned in them.

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 02:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I hear harrington on hold em vol. 1&2 is like the poker bible set. I personally want those two and doyles super system two.

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 12:06 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0o0AcEo0o0 View Post
I hear harrington on hold em vol. 1&2 is like the poker bible set. I personally want those two and doyles super system two.
I have all of them and have read and reread them, and they are the Bible of poker. Don't wait , get them ASAP.

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 12:09 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post

I'm especially interested in people who have cashed out thousands of dollars because of what they've learned in them.
Forget the poker books, you need one called : How to win friends and influence people.

I make this suggestion in all seriousness but I know that you are to delusional about youreself and your talents to take it.

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 12:15 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojim11247 View Post
Forget the poker books, you need one called : How to win friends and influence people.

I make this suggestion in all seriousness but I know that you are to delusional about youreself and your talents to take it.
That reminds me, I need my copy of Fun with Dick and Jane, back. I told my sibling they could borrow it--

I'm just sayin...

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 12:36 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Hobojim, you need a book called The Proper use of To/Too

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 01:26 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
To Pres: As I said , you would not listen.
As for my grammar, I don't consider you anymore of an expert on that topic than any other topic you have driveled on.

I will let Tazz decide if I need a grammar lesson.

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 02:05 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
To Pres: As I said , you would not listen.
As for my grammar, I don't consider you anymore of an expert on that topic than any other topic you have driveled on.

I will let Tazz decide if I need a grammar lesson.
I'm no expert. I just believe that when one posts, one should extend the courtesy of making one's post easy to read.

I'm just sayin...

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 02:18 PM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:

Seriously. Wonder if there's a good book for this skill. It is a very good skill to have. Can anyone think of a book for making friends, and influencing ppl. Must be a easy read tho, -shark

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 03:04 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
Seriously. Wonder if there's a good book for this skill. It is a very good skill to have. Can anyone think of a book for making friends, and influencing ppl. Must be a easy read tho, -shark
" How To Win Friends and Influence People" was a book by Dale Carnegie, first published in 1937.

Its purpose was exactly what the title says. The only people who will benefit from it are those who want to do just that.

Those who know it all and have no faults and who think of themselves as superior to all others, will never turn a page, and why should they, they are perfect, or so they think.

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 03:39 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
" How To Win Friends and Influence People" was a book by Dale Carnegie, first published in 1937.

Its purpose was exactly what the title says. The only people who will benefit from it are those who want to do just that.

Those who know it all and have no faults and who think of themselves as superior to all others, will never turn a page, and why should they, they are perfect, or so they think.
LOL should have known. Is it an easy read?

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 06:11 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
yes pretty easy to read and understand, unless you already know everything, then it is not of much benefit.

Old
repeat???? - Mon Feb 21, 2011, 07:54 PM
(#13)
Wasn't this just discussed about a week ago?? I know I suffer from short temper err memory loss but I know someone a week ago posted the exact same question.

Stick with the program otherwise ur gonna have to sit with Seagull on the short bus and share a hockey helmet.
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...te-Poker-Books

Last edited by CDNHamster; Mon Feb 21, 2011 at 07:56 PM..

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:02 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNHamster View Post
Wasn't this just discussed about a week ago?? I know I suffer from short temper err memory loss but I know someone a week ago posted the exact same question.

Stick with the program otherwise ur gonna have to sit with Seagull on the short bus and share a hockey helmet.
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...te-Poker-Books
If it was discussed then I missed it. Now WTF is your second paragraph all about?
I was just answering a question.

Old
Books - Tue Feb 22, 2011, 02:03 AM
(#15)
Sorry Hobo the cheapshot wasnt meant at you but at Pres - it gets to the point the same thing is asked and answered over and over. Plus I think im on badbeat week so im a little on tilt.
My apologies to hobo Sir
cheers The Hamster

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:00 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNHamster View Post
Sorry Hobo the cheapshot wasnt meant at you but at Pres - it gets to the point the same thing is asked and answered over and over. Plus I think im on badbeat week so im a little on tilt.
My apologies to hobo Sir
cheers The Hamster
Thank you for clarifying your post. Thank you also for the PM , it was appreciated.

Jim

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:05 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Looks like someone's been taking lessons from Tazz on how to answer a question with a completely unrelated response.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:17 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
Looks like someone's been taking lessons from Tazz on how to answer a question with a completely unrelated response. .
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I noticed that to, many times with Pres's answers.
I think it is a combination of ADHD with bipolar tendancies, he is going so damn fast he doesn't remember what he said or where he said it. One thing we do know, is that he is a conservative Republican with high moral standards who has a propensitiy to have his picture taken with men near public bathrooms

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:27 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
I think it is a combination of ADHD with bipolar tendancies, he is going so damn fast he doesn't remember what he said or where he said it. One thing we do know, is that he is a conservative Republican with high moral standards who has a propensitiy to have his picture taken with men near public bathrooms
right on

Old
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:36 PM
(#20)
Quote:
as a republican voter i take offense to having bruno in the same catogory as the rest of us

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com