Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Slow Tourneys VS. Turbos

Old
Slow Tourneys VS. Turbos - Mon Feb 21, 2011, 12:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
What do you guys think are better? I have not had much success at turbos lately but if the rounds are 10 minutes long I can wait for a good hand to double up on. Is it better to be able to sit and wait or to be forced to build a big stack or get knocked out?

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 01:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
The more time there is between blind increases, the more time there is for luck to level out. Therefore, skill plays more of a factor in slower tourneys.

I almost never play turbos.

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 01:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
The speed of a tournament depends on more the the time between blind increases. You must also consider starting chips in relation to the blinds and the rate of blind escalation. On another site I have played some double stack turbos with relatively slow blind escalation and they were a quite good format.

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 06:39 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I prefer turbos for 1 table SnG but for MTT I prefer longer blind levels

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 06:58 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
[QUOTE=FaCeK1cKeR;254737]I prefer turbos for 1 table SnG but for MTT I prefer longer blind levels[/QU

same here

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 08:27 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
for mtts, i wont play the 5 min levels. those tourneys force u into gambling...not a fan of that

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com