Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

anyone play at absolute poker?

Old
anyone play at absolute poker? - Mon Feb 21, 2011, 05:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
i know this is a pso pokerstars forum and all but im just curious if anyone plays at absolute.

yes i know the storys about the cheating and seeing hole cards and all that but thats not what im asking.

does anyone play there and what do you think of it?

i checked it out and they have some tournys that i like and also a 1000 first deposit freeroll tonight so i was thinking of taking a chance there, this is why i ask...

sorry if this kinda post is not allowed on this forum, but it is a general poker forum so i dont see the harm.

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 10:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlee1984 View Post
i know this is a pso pokerstars forum and all but im just curious if anyone plays at absolute.
I played there in the past... but I brought my winnings over to PSO.
I usta play heavy satellites, but then I found out that if you win a $250 buy in in an $11 satellite, the OPR hit is $250...screws with your ROI,,

Im just sayin

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 10:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz864 View Post
I played there in the past... but I brought my winnings over to PSO.
I usta play heavy satellites, but then I found out that if you win a $250 buy in in an $11 satellite, the OPR hit is $250...screws with your ROI,,

Im just sayin
please explain how it hits your opr other than positive?

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 10:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Yup. Had some FT's and a win or 2. (see ---YOUBIE--- at bluff mag). Always wanted to play at PS. Finally came here 2 years ago. Only FT's I've made were with points buy in. Have never gone real deep here on any MTT with a cash buy in. Went back to AP in the fall and FT'd again (3rd) for some more bucks which I keep blowing at PS. I can't beat the shove monkeys or the sharks. Makes me a putz, I guess.

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 11:02 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
please explain how it hits your opr other than positive?
EZ--if one doesn't cash in the 250 buy in, one gets nothing for winning the satellite, but -$250 goes into ones ROI calculation...

Im just sayin...

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 11:31 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
The 250 buy-in also goes into OPR, so it evens out.

And I'm not just saying.

Old
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 11:34 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeviathan View Post
The 250 buy-in also goes into OPR, so it evens out.

And I'm not just saying.
hee hee i knew that too lol

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 12:51 AM
(#8)
Random Poker Newsby Daniel Negreanu | Published: Feb 22, '11

Finally, UB made news again this week for all the wrong reasons. Aside from an absolutely hilarious parody on the song "Black and Yellow" starring Prahlad Friedman Black and Yellow
Travis Makar a UB insider recently did an interview spilling plenty of beans, claiming the cheating that was uncovered by the sleuths at 2+2 was only the "tip of the iceberg" and also claimed that the same owners at the helm during the Russ Hamilton scandal are still profiting off of customers rake.
He alleged that aside from the superuser scandal, disgruntled UB employees were actually hacking into player accounts and that plenty of players had money directly stolen from them.
Also in a recent thread on 2+2, a player details his interactions with UB support about some vanishing money from his account: Money Disappears
The interview with Travis Maker is quite long and there are plenty of doozies. You can find the full transcript here: Travis Makar Interview.

He talks a bit about Phil Hellmuth, and how he's a good guy, and then makes a few claims about Annie Duke. He claims that she borrowed money from Russ prior to the scandal to pay for her house in LA, but after the scandal broke, decided to not pay the loan back.
He then goes on to explain that UB was funneling money to Duke during her appearance on Celebrity Apprentice. Now, on the regular Apprentice this season a player was fired for having a friend drop him off money for a fund raising task. The Celebrity version is different, however, so while UB providing her funds while on the show isn't against the rules, it certainly skews the idea that she was "raising funds." Money from the marketing budget was allocated to Duke for the purpose of keeping her on the show longer. As Makar says, "So it wasn�t her talent, and it wasn’t her personality that kept her on that show."

None of the Makar interview surprised me very much and I expect more dirt to be revealed in the coming months. Needless to say, UB is a corrupt company and your money is not safe with them. With so many places to play online poker, the UB/AP network is one you should scratch off your list unless you want to be the next victim.
I wish more players would speak out against this company that is a black mark on our industry, but as a wise man once said, "Stand up for what's right, even if that means you are standing alone." The public deserves to know and we should not sweep this stuff under the rug and pretend everything is on the up and up over there.

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 01:02 AM
(#9)
yeah my screenname is POTRIPPER

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 01:41 AM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.duce View Post
yeah my screenname is POTRIPPER
Don't you mean was POTRIPPER?

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 11:33 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
i told my freaking wife that i was missing some money out of my ub account around 2 years ago so i closed it, i could never found out what happen to my 10 cents that i had in it..i guess someone stole my dime, how can i reclaim it, oh well..keep it...i heard anne duke is now gone underground due to this ub scandal is that true??

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#12)
First time I cashed at UB (800) I asked for a cheque. They sent one, which I deposited in my account knowing I would have to wait ten business days for an international cheque to clear.

During the waiting period UB emailed me and said they had to close the Florida account the cheque was drawn on and to not cash it. They put the money back into my playing account and not wanting another bogus cheque story to tell my wife I left it at UB.

Cost them just 5 bucks by way of refunding the bank's service charge. I proceeded to blow the entire 800.

Clever of them. Stupid of me.

Old
no bad experiences there - Wed Feb 23, 2011, 06:12 PM
(#13)
Astro705
(Odelay)
Won a trip to vegas, met Annie, - have cashed out more money from there than anywhere else - no problem getting my money - kind of like some of their tournies - no software complaints. Support has always been prompt.
I have lots of sites, part of being a free roll junky.

Old
Wed Feb 23, 2011, 07:59 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro705 View Post
- have cashed out more money from there than anywhere else - .
Yeah. And I've admitted previously that I've made more money there than here. Still, it happened and I have the snipping tool pic of the letter as proof and would put it on here if I knew how.

Old
Thu Feb 24, 2011, 01:25 AM
(#15)
Since: May 2010
BronzeStar
Its too bad to hear UB/Absolute is still up to no good. UB was my 1st choice to play back in 2002 and with $20 I played many tournies and ring games until 2006.

Neteller pulled out of the American market but gave us a few days to withdraw our money. I left $50 in my UB acct. to play with but soon found a lot of problems at UB.

The most obvious was plenty of bots at the ring tables. Less obvious was the use of programs that told the player whether to bet, raise or fold based on opponents previous actions. UB claimed to aggresively seek out these cheaters but it continued.

Because of the cheating and (smart) players were leaving in droves, I found it harder to find a good ring game at UB. Early last year I checked out PokerStars ring games and was impressed by the large traffic. A few months later took the plunge and made a $20 deposit.

About once a month or so I will play a SnG at UB/Absolute just to make sure my account doesn't close. But after hearing there's still scandal there I know I can kiss my money good-bye.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com